| Hosea 9 - Versions
| Hosea 9 Text (WEB)
- Don't rejoice, Israel, to jubilation like the nations; for you were unfaithful to your God. You love the wages of a prostitute at every grain threshing floor.
- The threshing floor and the winepress won't feed them, and the new wine will fail her.
- They won't dwell in Yahweh's land; but Ephraim will return to Egypt, and they will eat unclean food in Assyria.
- They won't pour out wine offerings to Yahweh, neither will they be pleasing to him. Their sacrifices will be to them like the bread of mourners; all who eat of it will be polluted; for their bread will be for their appetite. It will not come into the house of Yahweh.
- What will you do in the day of solemn assembly, and in the day of the feast of Yahweh?
- For, behold, they have gone away from destruction. Egypt will gather them up. Memphis will bury them. Nettles will possess their pleasant things of silver. Thorns will be in their tents.
- The days of visitation have come. The days of reckoning have come. Israel will consider the prophet to be a fool, and the man who is inspired to be insane, because of the abundance of your sins, and because your hostility is great.
- A prophet watches over Ephraim with my God. A fowler's snare is on all of his paths, and hostility in the house of his God.
- They have deeply corrupted themselves, as in the days of Gibeah. He will remember their iniquity. He will punish them for their sins.
- I found Israel like grapes in the wilderness. I saw your fathers as the first ripe in the fig tree at its first season; but they came to Baal Peor, and consecrated themselves to the shameful thing, and became abominable like that which they loved.
- As for Ephraim, their glory will fly away like a bird. There will be no birth, none with child, and no conception.
- Though they bring up their children, yet I will bereave them, so that not a man shall be left. Indeed, woe also to them when I depart from them!
- I have seen Ephraim, like Tyre, planted in a pleasant place; but Ephraim will bring out his children to the murderer.
- Give them--Yahweh what will you give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts.
- "All their wickedness is in Gilgal; for there I hated them. Because of the wickedness of their deeds I will drive them out of my house! I will love them no more. All their princes are rebels.
- Ephraim is struck. Their root has dried up. They will bear no fruit. Even though they bring forth, yet I will kill the beloved ones of their womb."
- My God will cast them away, because they did not listen to him; and they will be wanderers among the nations.
| Hosea 9 Text (Hebrew)
- אל־תשמח ישראל אל־גיל כעמים כי זנית מעל אלהיך אהבת אתןן על כל־גרנות דגן׃
- גרן ויקב לא ירעם ותירוש יכחש בה׃
- לא ישבו בארץ יהוה ושב אפרים מצרים ובאשור טמא יאכלו׃
- לא־יסכו ליהוה יין ולא יערבו־לו זבחיהם כלחם אונים להם כל־אכליו יטמאו כי־לחםם לנפשם לא יבוא בית יהוה׃
- מה־תעשו ליום מועד וליום חג־יהוה׃
- כי־הנה הלכו משד מצרים תקבצם מף תקברם מחמד לכספם קמוש יירשם חוח באהליהם׃
- באו ימי הפקדה באו ימי השלם ידעו ישראל אויל הנביא משגע איש הרוח על רב עונך ורבה משטמה׃
- צפה אפרים עם־אלהי נביא פח יקוש על־כל־דרכיו משטמה בבית אלהיו׃
- העמיקו־שחתו כימי הגבעה יזכור עונם יפקוד חטאותם׃ ס
- כענבים במדבר מצאתי ישראל כבכורה בתאנה בראשיתה ראיתי אבותיכם המה באו בעל־פעור וינזרו לבשת ויהיו שקוצים כאהבם׃
- אפרים כעוף יתעוףף כבודם מלדה ומבטן ומהריון׃
- כי אם־יגדלו את־בניהם ושכלתים מאדם כי־גם־אוי להם בשורי מהם׃
- אפרים כאשר־ראיתי לצור שתולה בנוה ואפרים להוציא אל־הרג בניו׃
- תן־להם יהוה מה־תתן תן־להם רחם משכיל ושדים צמקים׃
- כל־רעתם בגלגל כי־שם שנאתים על רע מעלליהם מביתי אגרשם לא אוסף אהבתם כל־שריהמ סררים׃
- הכה אפרים שרשם יבש פרי ־ ־יעשון גם כי ילדון והמתי מחמדי בטנם׃ ס
- ימאסם אלהי כי לא שמעו לו ויהיו נדדים בגוים׃ ס
| Hosea 9 Text (Latin)
- Noli lætari, Israël ; noli exsultare sicut populi : quia fornicatus es a Deo tuo ; dilexisti mercedem super omnes areas tritici.
- Area et torcular non pascet eos, et vinum mentietur eis :
- non habitabunt in terra Domini. Reversus est Ephraim in Ægyptum, et in Assyriis pollutum comedit.
- Non libabunt Domino vinum, et non placebunt ei. Sacrificia eorum quasi panis lugentium ; omnes qui comedent eum, contaminabuntur : quia panis eorum animæ ipsorum : non intrabit in domum Domini.
- Quid facietis in die solemni, in die festivitatis Domini ?
- Ecce enim profecti sunt a vastitate : Ægyptus congregabit eos ; Memphis sepeliet eos : desiderabile argentum eorum urtica hæreditabit, lappa in tabernaculis eorum.
- Venerunt dies visitationis, venerunt dies retributionis. Scitote, Israël, stultum prophetam, insanum virum spiritualem, propter multitudinem iniquitatis tuæ, et multitudine amentiæ.
- Speculator Ephraim cum Deo meo, propheta laqueus ruinæ factus est super omnes vias ejus ; insania in domo Dei ejus.
- Profunde peccaverunt, sicut in diebus Gabaa. Recordabitur iniquitatis eorum, et visitabit peccata eorum.
- Quasi uvas in deserto inveni Israël, quasi prima poma ficulneæ in cacumine ejus vidi patres eorum : ipsi autem intraverunt ad Beelphegor, et abalienati sunt in confusionem, et facti sunt abominabiles sicut ea quæ dilexerunt.
- Ephraim quasi avis avolavit ; gloria eorum a partu, et ab utero, et a conceptu.
- Quod etsi enutrierint filios suos, absque liberis eos faciam in hominibus ; sed et væ eis cum recessero ab eis !
- Ephraim, ut vidi, Tyrus erat fundata in pulchritudine ; et Ephraim educet ad interfectorem filios suos.
- Da eis, Domine. Quid dabis eis ? da eis vulvam sine liberis, et ubera arentia.
- Omnes nequitiæ eorum in Galgal, quia ibi exosos habui eos. Propter malitiam adinventionum eorum, de domo mea ejiciam eos ; non addam ut diligam eos : omnes principes eorum recedentes.
- Percussus est Ephraim ; radix eorum exsiccata est : fructum nequaquam facient, quod etsi genuerint, interficiam amantissima uteri eorum.
- Abjiciet eos Deus meus, quia non audierunt eum, et erunt vagi in nationibus.
| Hosea 9 Text (KJV)
- Rejoice not, O Israel, for joy, as other people: for thou hast gone a whoring from thy God, thou hast loved a reward upon every cornfloor.
- The floor and the winepress shall not feed them, and the new wine shall fail in her.
- They shall not dwell in the LORD's land; but Ephraim shall return to Egypt, and they shall eat unclean things in Assyria.
- They shall not offer wine offerings to the LORD, neither shall they be pleasing unto him: their sacrifices shall be unto them as the bread of mourners; all that eat thereof shall be polluted: for their bread for their soul shall not come into the house of the LORD.
- What will ye do in the solemn day, and in the day of the feast of the LORD?
- For, lo, they are gone because of destruction: Egypt shall gather them up, Memphis shall bury them: the pleasant places for their silver, nettles shall possess them: thorns shall be in their tabernacles.
- The days of visitation are come, the days of recompence are come; Israel shall know it: the prophet is a fool, the spiritual man is mad, for the multitude of thine iniquity, and the great hatred.
- The watchman of Ephraim was with my God: but the prophet is a snare of a fowler in all his ways, and hatred in the house of his God.
- They have deeply corrupted themselves, as in the days of Gibeah: therefore he will remember their iniquity, he will visit their sins.
- I found Israel like grapes in the wilderness; I saw your fathers as the firstripe in the fig tree at her first time: but they went to Baal-peor, and separated themselves unto that shame; and their abominations were according as they loved.
- As for Ephraim, their glory shall fly away like a bird, from the birth, and from the womb, and from the conception.
- Though they bring up their children, yet will I bereave them, that there shall not be a man left: yea, woe also to them when I depart from them!
- Ephraim, as I saw Tyrus, is planted in a pleasant place: but Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer.
- Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts.
- All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.
- Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.
- My God will cast them away, because they did not hearken unto him: and they shall be wanderers among the nations.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Hosea