| Hosea 6 - Versions
| Hosea 6 Text (WEB)
- "Come, and let us return to Yahweh; for he has torn us to pieces, and he will heal us; he has injured us, and he will bind up our wounds.
- After two days he will revive us. On the third day he will raise us up, and we will live before him.
- Let us acknowledge Yahweh. Let us press on to know Yahweh. As surely as the sun rises, Yahweh will appear. He will come to us like the rain, like the spring rain that waters the earth."
- "Ephraim, what shall I do to you? Judah, what shall I do to you? For your love is like a morning cloud, and like the dew that disappears early.
- Therefore I have cut them to pieces with the prophets; I killed them with the words of my mouth. Your judgments are like a flash of lightning.
- For I desire mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
- But they, like Adam, have broken the covenant. They were unfaithful to me, there.
- Gilead is a city of those who work iniquity; it is stained with blood.
- As gangs of robbers wait to ambush a man, so the company of priests murder in the way toward Shechem, committing shameful crimes.
- In the house of Israel I have seen a horrible thing. There is prostitution in Ephraim. Israel is defiled.
- "Also, Judah, there is a harvest appointed for you, when I restore the fortunes of my people.
| Hosea 6 Text (Hebrew)
- לכו ונשובה אל־יהוה כי הוא טרף וירפאנו יך ויחבשנו׃
- יחינו מימים ביום השלישי יקמנו ונחיה לפניו׃
- ונדעה נרדפה לדעת את־יהוה כשחר נכון מוצאו ויבוא כגשם לנו כמלקוש יורה ארץ׃
- מה אעשה־לך אפרים מה אעשה־לך יהודה וחסדכם כעןן־בקר וכטל משכים הלך׃
- על־כן חצבתי בנביאים הרגתים באמרי־פי ומשפטיך אור יצא׃
- כי חסד חפצתי ולא־זבח ודעת אלהים מעלות׃
- והמה כאדם עברו ברית שם בגדו בי׃
- גלעד קרית פעלי און עקבה מדם׃
- וכחכי איש גדודים חבר כהנים דרך ירצחו־שכמה כי זמה עשו׃
- בבית ישראל ראיתי שם זנות לאפרים נטמא ישראל׃
- גם־יהודה שת קציר לך בשובי שבות עמי׃ ף
| Hosea 6 Text (Latin)
- In tribulatione sua mane consurgent ad me : Venite, et revertamur ad Dominum,
- quia ipse cepit, et sanabit nos ; percutiet, et curabit nos.
- Vivificabit nos post duos dies ; in die tertia suscitabit nos, et vivemus in conspectu ejus. Sciemus, sequemurque ut cognoscamus Dominum : quasi diluculum præparatus est egressus ejus, et veniet quasi imber nobis temporaneus et serotinus terræ.
- Quid faciam tibi, Ephraim ? quid faciam tibi, Juda ? misericordia vestra quasi nubes matutina, et quasi ros mane pertransiens.
- Propter hoc dolavi in prophetis ; occidi eos in verbis oris mei : et judicia tua quasi lux egredientur.
- Quia misericordiam volui, et non sacrificium ; et scientiam Dei plus quam holocausta.
- Ipsi autem sicut Adam transgressi sunt pactum : ibi prævaricati sunt in me.
- Galaad civitas operantium idolum, supplantata sanguine.
- Et quasi fauces virorum latronum, particeps sacerdotum, in via interficientium pergentes de Sichem : quia scelus operati sunt.
- In domo Israël vidi horrendum : ibi fornicationes Ephraim, contaminatus est Israël.
- Sed et Juda, pone messem tibi, cum convertero captivitatem populi mei.
| Hosea 6 Text (KJV)
- Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
- After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
- Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.
- O Ephraim, what shall I do unto thee? O Judah, what shall I do unto thee? for your goodness is as a morning cloud, and as the early dew it goeth away.
- Therefore have I hewed them by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth: and thy judgments are as the light that goeth forth.
- For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
- But they like men have transgressed the covenant: there have they dealt treacherously against me.
- Gilead is a city of them that work iniquity, and is polluted with blood.
- And as troops of robbers wait for a man, so the company of priests murder in the way by consent: for they commit lewdness.
- I have seen an horrible thing in the house of Israel: there is the whoredom of Ephraim, Israel is defiled.
- Also, O Judah, he hath set an harvest for thee, when I returned the captivity of my people.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Hosea