| Hosea 13 - Versions
| Hosea 13 Text (WEB)
- When Ephraim spoke, there was trembling. He exalted himself in Israel, but when he became guilty in Baal, he died.
- Now they sin more and more, and have made themselves molten images of their silver, even idols according to their own understanding, all of them the work of the craftsmen. They say of them, 'They offer human sacrifice and kiss the calves.'
- Therefore they will be like the morning mist, and like the dew that passes away early, like the chaff that is driven with the whirlwind out of the threshing floor, and like the smoke out of the chimney.
- "Yet I am Yahweh your God from the land of Egypt; and you shall acknowledge no god but me, and besides me there is no savior.
- I knew you in the wilderness, in the land of great drought.
- According to their pasture, so were they filled; they were filled, and their heart was exalted. Therefore they have forgotten me.
- Therefore I am like a lion to them. Like a leopard, I will lurk by the path.
- I will meet them like a bear that is bereaved of her cubs, and will tear the covering of their heart. There I will devour them like a lioness. The wild animal will tear them.
- You are destroyed, Israel, because you are against me, against your help.
- Where is your king now, that he may save you in all your cities? And your judges, of whom you said, 'Give me a king and princes?'
- I have given you a king in my anger, and have taken him away in my wrath.
- The guilt of Ephraim is stored up. His sin is stored up.
- The sorrows of a travailing woman will come on him. He is an unwise son; for when it is time, he doesn't come to the opening of the womb.
- I will ransom them from the power of Sheol. I will redeem them from death! Death, where are your plagues? Sheol, where is your destruction? "Compassion will be hidden from my eyes.
- Though he is fruitful among his brothers, an east wind will come, the breath of Yahweh coming up from the wilderness; and his spring will become dry, and his fountain will be dried up. He will plunder the storehouse of treasure.
- Samaria will bear her guilt; for she has rebelled against her God. They will fall by the sword. Their infants will be dashed in pieces, and their pregnant women will be ripped open."
| Hosea 13 Text (Hebrew)
- כדבר אפרים רתת נשא הוא בישראל ויאשם בבעל וימת׃
- ועתה יוספו לחטא ויעשו להם מסכה מכספם כתבונם עצבים מעשה חרשים כלה להם הם אמרים זבחי אדם עגלים ישקון׃
- לכן יהיו כעןן־בקר וכטל משכים הלך כמץ יסער מגרן וכעשן מארבה׃
- ואנכי יהוה אלהיך מארץ מצרים ואלהים זולתי לא תדע ומושיע אין בלתי׃
- אני ידעתיך במדבר בארץ תלאבות׃
- כמרעיתם וישבעו שבעו וירם לבם על־כן שכחוני׃
- ואהי להם כמו־שחל כנמר על־דרך אשור׃
- אפגשם כדב שכול ואקרע סגור לבם ואכלם שם כלביא חית השדה תבקעם׃
- שחתך ישראל כי־בי בעזרך׃
- אהי מלךך אפוא ויושיעך בכל־עריך ושפטיך אשר אמרת תנה־לי מלך ושרים׃
- אתן־לך מלך באפי ואקח בעברתי׃ ס
- צרור עון אפרים צפונה חטאתו׃
- חבלי יולדה יבאו לו הוא־בן לא חכם כי־עת לא־יעמד במשבר בנים׃
- מיד שאול אפדם ממות אגאלם אהי דבריך מות אהי קטבך שאול נחם יסתר מעיני׃
- כי הוא בן אחים יפריא יבוא קדים רוח יהוה ממדבר עלה ויבוש מקורו ויחרב מעינו הוא ישסה אוצר כל־כלי חמדה׃
- תאשם שמרון כי מרתה באלהיה בחרב יפלו עלליהם ירטשו והריותיו יבקעו׃ ף
| Hosea 13 Text (Latin)
- Loquente Ephraim, horror invasit Israël ; et deliquit in Baal, et mortuus est.
- Et nunc addiderunt ad peccandum ; feceruntque sibi conflatile de argento suo quasi similitudinem idolorum : factura artificum totum est : his ipsi dicunt : Immolate homines, vitulos adorantes.
- Idcirco erunt quasi nubes matutina, et sicut ros matutinus præteriens ; sicut pulvis turbine raptus ex area, et sicut fumus de fumario.
- Ego autem Dominus Deus tuus, ex terra Ægypti ; et Deum absque me nescies, et salvator non est præter me.
- Ego cognovi te in deserto, in terra solitudinis.
- Juxta pascua sua adimpleti sunt et saturati sunt ; et levaverunt cor suum, et obliti sunt mei.
- Et ego ero eis quasi leæna, sicut pardus in via Assyriorum.
- Occurram eis quasi ursa raptis catulis, et dirumpam interiora jecoris eorum, et consumam eos ibi quasi leo : bestia agri scindet eos.
- Perditio tua, Israël : tantummodo in me auxilium tuum.
- Ubi est rex tuus ? maxime nunc salvet te in omnibus urbibus tuis ; et judices tui, de quibus dixisti : Da mihi regem et principes.
- Dabo tibi regem in furore meo, et auferam in indignatione mea.
- Colligata est iniquitas Ephraim ; absconditum peccatum ejus.
- Dolores parturientis venient ei : ipse filius non sapiens : nunc enim non stabit in contritione filiorum.
- De manu mortis liberabo eos ; de morte redimam eos. Ero mors tua, o mors ! morsus tuus ero, inferne ! consolatio abscondita est ab oculis meis.
- Quia ipse inter fratres dividet : adducet urentem ventum Dominus de deserto ascendentem, et siccabit venas ejus, et desolabit fontem ejus : et ipse diripiet thesaurum omnis vasis desiderabilis.
- Pereat Samaria, quoniam ad amaritudinem concitavit Deum suum ! in gladio pereant, parvuli eorum elidantur, et fœtæ ejus discindantur !
| Hosea 13 Text (KJV)
- When Ephraim spake trembling, he exalted himself in Israel; but when he offended in Baal, he died.
- And now they sin more and more, and have made them molten images of their silver, and idols according to their own understanding, all of it the work of the craftsmen: they say of them, Let the men that sacrifice kiss the calves.
- Therefore they shall be as the morning cloud, and as the early dew that passeth away, as the chaff that is driven with the whirlwind out of the floor, and as the smoke out of the chimney.
- Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.
- I did know thee in the wilderness, in the land of great drought.
- According to their pasture, so were they filled; they were filled, and their heart was exalted; therefore have they forgotten me.
- Therefore I will be unto them as a lion: as a leopard by the way will I observe them:
- I will meet them as a bear that is bereaved of her whelps, and will rend the caul of their heart, and there will I devour them like a lion: the wild beast shall tear them.
- O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself; but in me is thine help.
- I will be thy king: where is any other that may save thee in all thy cities? and thy judges of whom thou saidst, Give me a king and princes?
- I gave thee a king in mine anger, and took him away in my wrath.
- The iniquity of Ephraim is bound up; his sin is hid.
- The sorrows of a travailing woman shall come upon him: he is an unwise son; for he should not stay long in the place of the breaking forth of children.
- I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.
- Though he be fruitful among his brethren, an east wind shall come, the wind of the LORD shall come up from the wilderness, and his spring shall become dry, and his fountain shall be dried up: he shall spoil the treasure of all pleasant vessels.
- Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Hosea