| Hosea 12 - Versions
| Hosea 12 Text (WEB)
- Ephraim feeds on wind, and chases the east wind. He continually multiplies lies and desolation. They make a covenant with Assyria, and oil is carried into Egypt.
- Yahweh also has a controversy with Judah, and will punish Jacob according to his ways; according to his deeds he will repay him.
- In the womb he took his brother by the heel; and in his manhood he contended with God.
- Indeed, he struggled with the angel, and prevailed; he wept, and made supplication to him. He found him at Bethel, and there he spoke with us,
- even Yahweh, the God of Armies; Yahweh is his name of renown!
- Therefore turn to your God. Keep kindness and justice, and wait continually for your God.
- A merchant has dishonest scales in his hand. He loves to defraud.
- Ephraim said, "Surely I have become rich, I have found myself wealth. In all my wealth they won't find in me any iniquity that is sin."
- "But I am Yahweh your God from the land of Egypt. I will yet again make you dwell in tents, as in the days of the solemn feast.
- I have also spoken to the prophets, and I have multiplied visions; and by the ministry of the prophets I have used parables.
- If Gilead is wicked, surely they are worthless. In Gilgal they sacrifice bulls. Indeed, their altars are like heaps in the furrows of the field.
- Jacob fled into the country of Aram, and Israel served to get a wife, and for a wife he tended flocks and herds.
- By a prophet Yahweh brought Israel up out of Egypt, and by a prophet he was preserved.
- Ephraim has bitterly provoked anger. Therefore his blood will be left on him, and his Lord will repay his contempt.
| Hosea 12 Text (Hebrew)
- אפרים רעה רוח ורדף קדים כל־היום כזב ושד ירבה וברית עם־אשור יכרתו ושמן למצרים יובל׃
- וריב ליהוה עם־יהודה ולפקד על־יעקב כדרכיו כמעלליו ישיב לו׃
- בבטן עקב את־אחיו ובאונו שרה את־אלהים׃
- וישר אל־מלאך ויכל בכה ויתחןן־לו בית־אל ימצאנו ושם ידבר עמנו׃
- ויהוה אלהי הצבאות יהוה זכרו׃
- ואתה באלהיך תשוב חסד ומשפט שמר וקוה אל־אלהיך תמיד׃
- כנען בידו מאזני מרמה לעשק אהב׃
- ויאמר אפרים אך עשרתי מצאתי און לי כל־יגיעי לא ימצאו־לי עון אשר־חטא׃
- ואנכי יהוה אלהיך מארץ מצרים עד אושיבך באהלים כימי מועד׃
- ודברתי על־הנביאים ואנכי חזון הרביתי וביד הנביאים אדמה׃
- אם־גלעד און אך־שוא היו בגלגל שורים זבחו גם מזבחותם כגלים על תלמי שדי׃
- ויברח יעקב שדה ארם ויעבד ישראל באשה ובאשה שמר׃
- ובנביא העלה יהוה את־ישראל ממצרים ובנביא נשמר׃
- הכעיס אפרים תמרורים ודמיו עליו יטוש וחרפתו ישיב לו אדניו׃
| Hosea 12 Text (Latin)
- Ephraim pascit ventum, et sequitur æstum ; tota die mendacium et vastitatem multiplicat : et fœdus cum Assyriis init, et oleum in Ægyptum ferebat.
- Judicium ergo Domini cum Juda, et visitatio super Jacob : juxta vias ejus, et juxta adinventiones ejus reddet ei.
- In utero supplantavit fratrem suum, et in fortitudine sua directus est cum angelo.
- Et invaluit ad angelum, et confortatus est ; flevit, et rogavit eum. In Bethel invenit eum, et ibi locutus est nobiscum.
- Et Dominus Deus exercituum, Dominus memoriale ejus.
- Et tu ad Deum tuum converteris ; misericordiam et judicium custodi, et spera in Deo tuo semper.
- Chanaan, in manu ejus statera dolosa, calumniam dilexit.
- Et dixit Ephraim : Verumtamen dives effectus sum ; inveni idolum mihi : omnes labores mei non invenient mihi iniquitatem quam peccavi.
- Et ego Dominus Deus tuus ex terra Ægypti : adhuc sedere te faciam in tabernaculis, sicut in diebus festivitatis.
- Et locutus sum super prophetas, et ego visionem multiplicavi, et in manu prophetarum assimilatus sum.
- Si Galaad idolum, ergo frustra erant in Galgal bobus immolantes ; nam et altaria eorum quasi acervi super sulcos agri.
- Fugit Jacob in regionem Syriæ, et servivit Israël in uxorem, et in uxorem servavit.
- In propheta autem eduxit Dominus Israël de Ægypto, et in propheta servatus est.
- Ad iracundiam me provocavit Ephraim in amaritudinibus suis : et sanguis ejus super eum veniet, et opprobrium ejus restituet ei Dominus suus.
| Hosea 12 Text (KJV)
- Ephraim feedeth on wind, and followeth after the east wind: he daily increaseth lies and desolation; and they do make a covenant with the Assyrians, and oil is carried into Egypt.
- The LORD hath also a controversy with Judah, and will punish Jacob according to his ways; according to his doings will he recompense him.
- He took his brother by the heel in the womb, and by his strength he had power with God:
- Yea, he had power over the angel, and prevailed: he wept, and made supplication unto him: he found him in Bethel, and there he spake with us;
- Even the LORD God of hosts; the LORD is his memorial.
- Therefore turn thou to thy God: keep mercy and judgment, and wait on thy God continually.
- He is a merchant, the balances of deceit are in his hand: he loveth to oppress.
- And Ephraim said, Yet I am become rich, I have found me out substance: in all my labours they shall find none iniquity in me that were sin.
- And I that am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt will yet make thee to dwell in tabernacles, as in the days of the solemn feast.
- I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.
- Is there iniquity in Gilead? surely they are vanity: they sacrifice bullocks in Gilgal; yea, their altars are as heaps in the furrows of the fields.
- And Jacob fled into the country of Syria, and Israel served for a wife, and for a wife he kept sheep.
- And by a prophet the LORD brought Israel out of Egypt, and by a prophet was he preserved.
- Ephraim provoked him to anger most bitterly: therefore shall he leave his blood upon him, and his reproach shall his Lord return unto him.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Hosea