| Hosea 11 - Versions
| Hosea 11 Text (WEB)
- "When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.
- They called to them, so they went from them. They sacrificed to the Baals, and burned incense to engraved images.
- Yet I taught Ephraim to walk. I took them by his arms; but they didn't know that I healed them.
- I drew them with cords of a man, with ties of love; and I was to them like those who lift up the yoke on their necks; and I bent down to him and I fed him.
- "They won't return into the land of Egypt; but the Assyrian will be their king, because they refused to repent.
- The sword will fall on their cities, and will destroy the bars of their gates, and will put an end to their plans.
- My people are determined to turn from me. Though they call to the Most High, he certainly won't exalt them.
- "How can I give you up, Ephraim? How can I hand you over, Israel? How can I make you like Admah? How can I make you like Zeboiim? My heart is turned within me, my compassion is aroused.
- I will not execute the fierceness of my anger. I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of you; and I will not come in wrath.
- They will walk after Yahweh, who will roar like a lion; for he will roar, and the children will come trembling from the west.
- They will come trembling like a bird out of Egypt, and like a dove out of the land of Assyria; and I will settle them in their houses," says Yahweh.
- Ephraim surrounds me with falsehood, and the house of Israel with deceit. Judah still strays from God, and is unfaithful to the Holy One.
| Hosea 11 Text (Hebrew)
- כי נער ישראל ואהבהו וממצרים קראתי לבני׃
- קראו להם כן הלכו מפניהם לבעלים יזבחו ולפסלים יקטרון׃
- ואנכי תרגלתי לאפרים קחם על־זרועתיו ולא ידעו כי רפאתים׃
- בחבלי אדם אמשכם בעבתות אהבה ואהיה להם כמרימי על על לחיהם ואט אליו אוכיל׃
- לא ישוב אל־ארץ מצרים ואשור הוא מלכו כי מאנו לשוב׃
- וחלה חרב בעריו וכלתה בדיו ואכלה ממעצותיהם׃
- ועמי תלואים למשובתי ואל־על יקראהו יחד לא ירוםם׃
- איך אתנך אפרים אמגנך ישראל איך אתנך כאדמה אשימך כצבאים נהפך עלי לבי יחד נכמרו נחומי׃
- לא אעשה חרון אפי לא אשוב לשחת אפרים כי אל אנכי ולא־איש בקרבך קדוש ולא אבוא בעיר׃
- אחרי יהוה ילכו כאריה ישאג כי־הוא ישאג ויחרדו בנים מים׃
- יחרדו כצפור ממצרים וכיונה מארץ אשור והושבתים על־בתיהם נאם־יהוה׃ ס
- סבבני בכחש אפרים ובמרמה בית ישראל ויהודה עד רד עם־אל ועם־קדושים נאמן׃
| Hosea 11 Text (Latin)
- Sicut mane transiit, pertransiit rex Israël. Quia puer Israël, et dilexi eum ; et ex Ægypto vocavi filium meum.
- Vocaverunt eos, sic abierunt a facie eorum ; Baalim immolabant, et simulacris sacrificabant.
- Et ego quasi nutritius Ephraim : portabam eos in brachiis meis, et nescierunt quod curarem eos.
- In funiculis Adam traham eos, in vinculis caritatis ; et ero eis quasi exaltans jugum super maxillas eorum, et declinavi ad eum ut vesceretur.
- Non revertetur in terram Ægypti, et Assur ipse rex ejus, quoniam noluerunt converti.
- Cœpit gladius in civitatibus ejus, et consumet electos ejus, et comedet capita eorum.
- Et populus meus pendebit ad reditum meum ; jugum autem imponetur eis simul, quod non auferetur.
- Quomodo dabo te, Ephraim ? protegam te, Israël ? Quomodo dabo te sicut Adama, ponam te ut Seboim ? Conversum est in me cor meum, pariter conturbata est pœnitudo mea.
- Non faciam furorem iræ meæ ; non convertar ut disperdam Ephraim, quoniam Deus ego, et non homo ; in medio tui sanctus, et non ingrediar civitatem.
- Post Dominum ambulabunt ; quasi leo rugiet, quia ipse rugiet, et formidabunt filii maris.
- Et avolabunt quasi avis ex Ægypto, et quasi columba de terra Assyriorum : et collocabo eos in domibus suis, dicit Dominus.
- Circumdedit me in negatione Ephraim, et in dolo domus Israël ; Judas autem testis descendit cum Deo, et cum sanctis fidelis.
| Hosea 11 Text (KJV)
- When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.
- As they called them, so they went from them: they sacrificed unto Baalim, and burned incense to graven images.
- I taught Ephraim also to go, taking them by their arms; but they knew not that I healed them.
- I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their jaws, and I laid meat unto them.
- He shall not return into the land of Egypt, but the Assyrian shall be his king, because they refused to return.
- And the sword shall abide on his cities, and shall consume his branches, and devour them, because of their own counsels.
- And my people are bent to backsliding from me: though they called them to the most High, none at all would exalt him.
- How shall I give thee up, Ephraim? how shall I deliver thee, Israel? how shall I make thee as Admah? how shall I set thee as Zeboim? mine heart is turned within me, my repentings are kindled together.
- I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee: and I will not enter into the city.
- They shall walk after the LORD: he shall roar like a lion: when he shall roar, then the children shall tremble from the west.
- They shall tremble as a bird out of Egypt, and as a dove out of the land of Assyria: and I will place them in their houses, saith the LORD.
- Ephraim compasseth me about with lies, and the house of Israel with deceit: but Judah yet ruleth with God, and is faithful with the saints.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Hosea