| Hebrews 2 - Versions
| Hebrews 2 Text (WEB)
- Therefore we ought to pay greater attention to the things that were heard, lest perhaps we drift away.
- For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompense;
- how will we escape if we neglect so great a salvation--which at the first having been spoken through the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard;
- God also testifying with them, both by signs and wonders, by various works of power, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to his own will?
- For he didn't subject the world to come, of which we speak, to angels.
- But one has somewhere testified, saying, "What is man, that you think of him? Or the son of man, that you care for him?
- You made him a little lower than the angels. You crowned him with glory and honor.
- You have put all things in subjection under his feet." For in that he subjected all things to him, he left nothing that is not subject to him. But now we don't see all things subjected to him, yet.
- But we see him who has been made a little lower than the angels, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that by the grace of God he should taste of death for everyone.
- For it became him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many children to glory, to make the author of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
- For both he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all from one, for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brothers,
- saying, "I will declare your name to my brothers. In the midst of the congregation I will sing your praise."
- Again, "I will put my trust in him." Again, "Behold, here I am with the children whom God has given me."
- Since then the children have shared in flesh and blood, he also himself in the same way partook of the same, that through death he might bring to nothing him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,
- and might deliver all of them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
- For most certainly, he doesn't give help to angels, but he gives help to the seed of Abraham.
- Therefore he was obligated in all things to be made like his brothers, that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make atonement for the sins of the people.
- For in that he himself has suffered being tempted, he is able to help those who are tempted.
| Hebrews 2 Text (Hebrew)
- לכן אנחנו חיבים ביותר להכין לבבנו אל אשר שמענו פן ילוז ויאבד ממנו׃
- כי אם הדבר הנאמר על ידי המלאכים היה קים וכל פשע ומרי נשא את ענשו כמשפט׃
- איך נמלט אנחנו אם לא נשים לב לתשועה גדולה אשר כזאת הנאמרה מתחלה בפי האדון ותקים לנו על ידי שמעיה׃
- וגם אלהים העיד עליה באתות ובמופתים ובגבורות שנות ובהאציל מרוח קדשו כרצונו׃
- כי לא תחת יד המלאכים שת את העולם הבא אשר אנחנו מדברים עליו׃
- כי אם כאשר העיד האמר במקום אחד מה אנוש כי תזכרנו ובן אדם כי תפקדנו׃
- ותחסרהו מעט מאלהים וכבוד והדר תעטרהו ותמשילהו במעשי ידיך׃
- כל שתה תחת רגליו הנה באשר שת כל תחתיו לא השאיר דבר שלא שת תחתיו ועתה זה לא ראינו עדין כי כל הושת תחתיו׃
- אבל ישוע המחסר מעט ממלאכים אותו ראינו מעטר בכבוד והדר מפני ענותו עד מות למען אשר יטעם בחסד אלהים את המות בעד כלם׃
- כי נאה היה לו אשר הכל למענו והכל על ידו בהנחתו בנים רבים לכבוד להשלים בענוים את שר ישועתם׃
- כי גם המקדש גם המקדשים כלם מאחד המה ועל כן לא בוש מקרא להם אחים׃
- באמרו אספרה שמך לאחי בתוך קהל אהללך׃
- ועוד וקויתי לו ועוד הנה אנכי והילדים אשר נתן לי יהוה׃
- ויען כי הילדים כלם יחדו בשר ודם אף הוא לבש בשר ודם כמוהם למען אשר יבטל על ידי המות את אשר לו ממשלת המות הוא השטן׃
- ולהתיר את אלה אשר מאימת המות היו נתנים לעבדות כל ימי חייהם׃
- כי אמנם לא במלאכים החזיק כי אם בזרע אברהם החזיק׃
- על כן היה עליו להדמות לאחיו בכל דבר למען אשר יהיה כהן גדול רחמן ונאמן בעניני אלהים לכפר על חטאת העם׃
- כי באשר הוא בעצמו ענה ונתנסה יכל לעזר את המנסים׃
| Hebrews 2 Text (Latin)
- Propterea abundantius oportet observare nos ea quæ audivimus, ne forte pereffluamus.
- Si enim qui per angelos dictus est sermo, factus est firmus, et omnis prævaricatio, et inobedientia accepit justam mercedis retributionem :
- quomodo nos effugiemus si tantam neglexerimus salutem ? quæ cum initium accepisset enarrari per Dominum ab eis, qui audierunt, in nos confirmata est,
- contestante Deo signis et portentis, et variis virtutibus, et Spiritus Sancti distributionibus secundum suam voluntatem.
- Non enim angelis subjecit Deus orbem terræ futurum, de quo loquimur.
- Testatus est autem in quodam loco quis, dicens : Quid est homo quod memor es ejus, aut filius hominis quoniam visitas eum ?
- Minuisti eum paulo minus ab angelis : gloria et honore coronasti eum : et constituisti eum super opera manuum tuarum.
- Omnia subjecisti sub pedibus ejus. In eo enim quod omnia ei subjecit, nihil dimisit non subjectum ei. Nunc autem necdum videmus omnia subjecta ei.
- Eum autem, qui modico quam angeli minoratus est, videmus Jesum propter passionem mortis, gloria et honore coronatum : ut, gratia Dei, pro omnibus gustaret mortem.
- Decebat enim eum, propter quem omnia, et per quem omnia, qui multos filios in gloriam adduxerat, auctorem salutis eorum per passionem consummare.
- Qui enim sanctificat, et qui sanctificantur, ex uno omnes. Propter quam causam non confunditur fratres eos vocare, dicens :
- Nuntiabo nomen tuum fratribus meis : in medio ecclesiæ laudabo te.
- Et iterum : Ego ero fidens in eum. Et iterum : Ecce ego, et pueri mei, quos dedit mihi Deus.
- Quia ergo pueri communicaverunt carni, et sanguini, et ipse similiter participavit eisdem : ut per mortem destrueret eum qui habebat mortis imperium, id est, diabolum :
- et liberaret eos qui timore mortis per totam vitam obnoxii erant servituti.
- Nusquam enim angelos apprehendit, sed semen Abrahæ apprehendit.
- Unde debuit per omnia fratribus similari, ut misericors fieret, et fidelis pontifex ad Deum, ut repropitiaret delicta populi.
- In eo enim, in quo passus est ipse et tentatus, potens est et eis, qui tentantur, auxiliari.
| Hebrews 2 Text (KJV)
- Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.
- For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;
- How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
- God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?
- For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.
- But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him?
- Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:
- Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.
- But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
- For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
- For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,
- Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.
- And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.
- Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
- And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
- For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
- Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
- For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.