| Genesis 6 - Versions
| Genesis 6 Text (WEB)
- It happened, when men began to multiply on the surface of the ground, and daughters were born to them,
- that God's sons saw that men's daughters were beautiful, and they took for themselves wives of all that they chose.
- Yahweh said, "My Spirit will not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; yet will his days be one hundred twenty years."
- The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when God's sons came in to men's daughters. They bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.
- Yahweh saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
- Yahweh was sorry that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him in his heart.
- Yahweh said, "I will destroy man whom I have created from the surface of the ground; man, along with animals, creeping things, and birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them."
- But Noah found favor in Yahweh's eyes.
- This is the history of the generations of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time. Noah walked with God.
- Noah became the father of three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
- The earth was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
- God saw the earth, and saw that it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.
- God said to Noah, "The end of all flesh has come before me, for the earth is filled with violence through them. Behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
- Make a ship of gopher wood. You shall make rooms in the ship, and shall seal it inside and outside with pitch.
- This is how you shall make it. The length of the ship will be three hundred cubits, its breadth fifty cubits, and its height thirty cubits.
- You shall make a roof in the ship, and you shall finish it to a cubit upward. You shall set the door of the ship in its side. You shall make it with lower, second, and third levels.
- I, even I, do bring the flood of waters on this earth, to destroy all flesh having the breath of life from under the sky. Everything that is in the earth will die.
- But I will establish my covenant with you. You shall come into the ship, you, your sons, your wife, and your sons' wives with you.
- Of every living thing of all flesh, you shall bring two of every sort into the ship, to keep them alive with you. They shall be male and female.
- Of the birds after their kind, of the livestock after their kind, of every creeping thing of the ground after its kind, two of every sort shall come to you, to keep them alive.
- Take with you of all food that is eaten, and gather it to yourself; and it will be for food for you, and for them."
- Thus Noah did. According to all that God commanded him, so he did.
| Genesis 6 Text (Hebrew)
- ויהי כי־החל האדם לרב על־פני האדמה ובנות ילדו להם׃
- ויראו בני־האלהים את־בנות האדם כי טבת הנה ויקחו להם נשים מכל אשר בחרו׃
- ויאמר יהוה לא־ידון רוחי באדם לעלם בשגם הוא בשר והיו ימיו מאה ועשרים שנה׃
- הנפלים היו בארץ בימים ההם וגם אחרי־כן אשר יבאו בני האלהים אל־בנות האדם וילדו להם המה הגברים אשר מעולם אנשי השם׃ ף
- וירא יהוה כי רבה רעת האדם בארץ וכל־יצר מחשבת לבו רק רע כל־היום׃
- וינחם יהוה כי־עשה את־האדם בארץ ויתעצב אל־לבו׃
- ויאמר יהוה אמחה את־האדם אשר־בראתי מעל פני האדמה מאדם עד־בהמה עד־רמש ועד־עוף השמים כי נחמתי כי עשיתם׃
- ונח מצא חן בעיני יהוה׃ ף
- אלה תולדת נח נח איש צדיק תמים היה בדרתיו את־האלהים התהלך־נח׃
- ויולד נח שלשה בנים את־שם את־חם ואת־יפת׃
- ותשחת הארץ לפני האלהים ותמלא הארץ חמס׃
- וירא אלהים את־הארץ והנה נשחתה כי־השחית כל־בשר את־דרכו על־הארץ׃ ס
- ויאמר אלהים לנח קץ כל־בשר בא לפני כי־מלאה הארץ חמס מפניהם והנני משחיתם את־הארץ׃
- עשה לך תבת עצי־גפר קנים תעשה את־התבה וכפרת אתה מבית ומחוץ בכפר׃
- וזה אשר תעשה אתה שלש מאות אמה ארך התבה חמשים אמה רחבה ושלשים אמה קומתה׃
- צהר תעשה לתבה ואל־אמה תכלנה מלמעלה ופתח התבה בצדה תשים תחתים שנים ושלשים תעשה׃
- ואני הנני מביא את־המבול מים על־הארץ לשחת כל־בשר אשר־בו רוח חיים מתחת השמים כל אשר־בארץ יגוע׃
- והקמתי את־בריתי אתך ובאת אל־התבה אתה ובניך ואשתך ונשי־בניך אתך׃
- ומכל־החי מכל־בשר שנים מכל תביא אל־התבה להחית אתך זכר ונקבה יהיו׃
- מהעוף למינהו ומן־הבהמה למינה מכל רמש האדמה למינהו שנים מכל יבאו אליך להחיות׃
- ואתה קח־לך מכל־מאכל אשר יאכל ואספת אליך והיה לך ולהם לאכלה׃
- ויעש נח ככל אשר צוה אתו אלהימ כן עשה׃ ס
| Genesis 6 Text (Latin)
- Cumque cœpissent homines multiplicari super terram, et filias procreassent,
- videntes filii Dei filias hominum quod essent pulchræ, acceperunt sibi uxores ex omnibus, quas elegerant.
- Dixitque Deus : Non permanebit spiritus meus in homine in æternum, quia caro est : eruntque dies illius centum viginti annorum.
- Gigantes autem erant super terram in diebus illis : postquam enim ingressi sunt filii Dei ad filias hominum, illæque genuerunt, isti sunt potentes a sæculo viri famosi.
- Videns autem Deus quod multa malitia hominum esset in terra, et cuncta cogitatio cordis intenta esset ad malum omni tempore,
- pœnituit eum quod hominum fecisset in terra. Et tactus dolore cordis intrinsecus,
- Delebo, inquit, hominem, quem creavi, a facie terræ, ab homine usque ad animantia, a reptili usque ad volucres cæli : pœnitet enim me fecisse eos.
- Noë vero invenit gratiam coram Domino.
- Hæ sunt generationes Noë : Noë vir justus atque perfectus fuit in generationibus suis ; cum Deo ambulavit.
- Et genuit tres filios, Sem, Cham et Japheth.
- Corrupta est autem terra coram Deo, et repleta est iniquitate.
- Cumque vidisset Deus terram esse corruptam (omnis quippe caro corruperat viam suam super terram),
- dixit ad Noë : Finis universæ carnis venit coram me : repleta est terra iniquitate a facie eorum, et ego disperdam eos cum terra.
- Fac tibi arcam de lignis lævigatis ; mansiunculas in arca facies, et bitumine linies intrinsecus et extrinsecus.
- Et sic facies eam : trecentorum cubitorum erit longitudo arcæ, quinquaginta cubitorum latitudo, et triginta cubitorum altitudo illius.
- Fenestram in arca facies, et in cubito consummabis summitatem ejus : ostium autem arcæ pones ex latere ; deorsum, cœnacula et tristega facies in ea.
- Ecce ego adducam aquas diluvii super terram, ut interficiam omnem carnem, in qua spiritus vitæ est subter cælum : universa quæ in terra sunt, consumentur.
- Ponamque fœdus meum tecum : et ingredieris arcam tu et filii tui, uxor tua, et uxores filiorum tuorum tecum.
- Et ex cunctis animantibus universæ carnis bina induces in arcam, ut vivant tecum : masculini sexus et feminini.
- De volucribus juxta genus suum, et de jumentis in genere suo, et ex omni reptili terræ secundum genus suum : bina de omnibus ingredientur tecum, ut possint vivere.
- Tolles igitur tecum ex omnibus escis, quæ mandi possunt, et comportabis apud te : et erunt tam tibi, quam illis in cibum.
- Fecit igitur Noë omnia quæ præceperat illi Deus.
| Genesis 6 Text (KJV)
- And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
- That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
- And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
- There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
- And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
- And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
- And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
- But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
- These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
- And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
- The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
- And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
- And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
- Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.
- And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.
- A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.
- And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.
- But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.
- And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.
- Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.
- And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.
- Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.