| Genesis 13 - Versions
| Genesis 13 Text (WEB)
- Abram went up out of Egypt: he, his wife, all that he had, and Lot with him, into the South.
- Abram was very rich in livestock, in silver, and in gold.
- He went on his journeys from the South even to Bethel, to the place where his tent had been at the beginning, between Bethel and Ai,
- to the place of the altar, which he had made there at the first. There Abram called on the name of Yahweh.
- Lot also, who went with Abram, had flocks, and herds, and tents.
- The land was not able to bear them, that they might live together: for their substance was great, so that they could not live together.
- There was a strife between the herdsmen of Abram's livestock and the herdsmen of Lot's livestock: and the Canaanite and the Perizzite lived in the land at that time.
- Abram said to Lot, "Please, let there be no strife between me and you, and between my herdsmen and your herdsmen; for we are relatives.
- Isn't the whole land before you? Please separate yourself from me. If you go to the left hand, then I will go to the right. Or if you go to the right hand, then I will go to the left."
- Lot lifted up his eyes, and saw all the plain of the Jordan, that it was well-watered everywhere, before Yahweh destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, like the garden of Yahweh, like the land of Egypt, as you go to Zoar.
- So Lot chose the Plain of the Jordan for himself. Lot traveled east, and they separated themselves the one from the other.
- Abram lived in the land of Canaan, and Lot lived in the cities of the plain, and moved his tent as far as Sodom.
- Now the men of Sodom were exceedingly wicked and sinners against Yahweh.
- Yahweh said to Abram, after Lot was separated from him, "Now, lift up your eyes, and look from the place where you are, northward and southward and eastward and westward,
- for all the land which you see, I will give to you, and to your offspring forever.
- I will make your offspring as the dust of the earth, so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then your seed may also be numbered.
- Arise, walk through the land in its length and in its breadth; for I will give it to you."
- Abram moved his tent, and came and lived by the oaks of Mamre, which are in Hebron, and built an altar there to Yahweh.
| Genesis 13 Text (Hebrew)
- ויעל אברם ממצרים הוא ואשתו וכל־אשר־לו ולוט עמו הנגבה׃
- ואברם כבד מאד במקנה בכסף ובזהב׃
- וילך למסעיו מנגב ועד־בית־אל עד־המקום אשר־היה שם בתחלה בין בית־אל ובין העי׃
- אל־מקום המזבח אשר־עשה שם בראשנה ויקרא שם אברם בשם יהוה׃
- וגם־ללוט ההלך את־אברם היה צאן־ובקר ואהלים׃
- ולא־נשא אתם הארץ לשבת יחדו כי־היה רכושם רב ולא יכלו לשבת יחדו׃
- ויהי־ריב בין רעי מקנה־אברם ובין רעי מקנה־לוט והכנעני והפרזי אז ישב בארץ׃
- ויאמר אברם אל־לוט אל־נא תהי מריבה ביני וביניך ובין רעי ובין רעיך כי־אנשים אחים אנחנו׃
- הלא כל־הארץ לפניך הפרד נא מעלי אם־השמאל ואימנה ואם־הימין ואשמאילה׃
- וישא־לוט את־עיניו וירא את־כל־ככר הירדן כי כלה משקה לפני שחת יהוה את־סדם ואת־עמרה כגן־יהוה כארץ מצרים באכה צער׃
- ויבחר־לו לוט את כל־ככר הירדן ויסע לוט מקדם ויפרדו איש מעל אחיו׃
- אברם ישב בארץ־כנען ולוט ישב בערי הככר ויאהל עד־סדם׃
- ואנשי סדם רעים וחטאים ליהוה מאד׃
- ויהוה אמר אל־אברם אחרי הפרד־לוט מעמו שא נא עיניך וראה מן־המקום אשר־אתה שם צפנה ונגבה וקדמה וימה׃
- כי את־כל־הארץ אשר־אתה ראה לך אתננה ולזרעך עד־עולם׃
- ושמתי את־זרעך כעפר הארץ אשר אם־יוכל איש למנות את־עפר הארץ גם־זרעך ימנה׃
- קום התהלך בארץ לארכה ולרחבה כי לך אתננה׃
- ויאהל אברם ויבא וישב באלני ממרא אשר בחברון ויבן־שם מזבח ליהוה׃ ף
| Genesis 13 Text (Latin)
- Ascendit ergo Abram de Ægypto, ipse et uxor ejus, et omnia quæ habebat, et Lot cum eo, ad australem plagam.
- Erat autem dives valde in possessione auri et argenti.
- Reversusque est per iter, quo venerat, a meridie in Bethel, usque ad locum ubi prius fixerat tabernaculum inter Bethel et Hai,
- in loco altaris quod fecerat prius : et invocavit ibi nomen Domini.
- Sed et Lot qui erat cum Abram, fuerunt greges ovium, et armenta, et tabernacula.
- Nec poterat eos capere terra, ut habitarent simul : erat quippe substantia eorum multa, et nequibant habitare communiter.
- Unde et facta est rixa inter pastores gregum Abram et Lot. Eo autem tempore Chananæus et Pherezæus habitabant in terra illa.
- Dixit ergo Abram ad Lot : Ne quæso sit jurgium inter me et te, et inter pastores meos et pastores tuos : fratres enim sumus.
- Ecce universa terra coram te est : recede a me, obsecro : si ad sinistram ieris, ego dexteram tenebo : si tu dexteram elegeris, ego ad sinistram pergam.
- Elevatis itaque Lot oculis, vidit omnem circa regionem Jordanis, quæ universa irrigabatur antequam subverteret Dominus Sodomam et Gomorrham, sicut paradisus Domini, et sicut Ægyptus venientibus in Segor.
- Elegitque sibi Lot regionem circa Jordanem, et recessit ab oriente : divisique sunt alterutrum a fratre suo.
- Abram habitavit in terra Chanaan ; Lot vero moratus est in oppidis, quæ erant circa Jordanem, et habitavit in Sodomis.
- Homines autem Sodomitæ pessimi erant, et peccatores coram Domino nimis.
- Dixitque Dominus ad Abram, postquam divisus est ab eo Lot : Leva oculos tuos et vide a loco, in quo nunc es, ad aquilonem et meridiem, ad orientem et occidentem.
- Omnem terram, quam conspicis, tibi dabo, et semini tuo usque in sempiternum.
- Faciamque semen tuum sicut pulverem terræ : si quis potest hominum numerare pulverem terræ, semen quoque tuum numerare poterit.
- Surge, et perambula terram in longitudine et in latitudine sua : quia tibi daturus sum eam.
- Movens igitur tabernaculum suum Abram, venit, et habitavit juxta convallem Mambre, quæ est in Hebron : ædificavitque ibi altare Domino.
| Genesis 13 Text (KJV)
- And Abram went up out of Egypt, he, and his wife, and all that he had, and Lot with him, into the south.
- And Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold.
- And he went on his journeys from the south even to Bethel, unto the place where his tent had been at the beginning, between Bethel and Hai;
- Unto the place of the altar, which he had made there at the first: and there Abram called on the name of the LORD.
- And Lot also, which went with Abram, had flocks, and herds, and tents.
- And the land was not able to bear them, that they might dwell together: for their substance was great, so that they could not dwell together.
- And there was a strife between the herdmen of Abram's cattle and the herdmen of Lot's cattle: and the Canaanite and the Perizzite dwelled then in the land.
- And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdmen and thy herdmen; for we be brethren.
- Is not the whole land before thee? separate thyself, I pray thee, from me: if thou wilt take the left hand, then I will go to the right; or if thou depart to the right hand, then I will go to the left.
- And Lot lifted up his eyes, and beheld all the plain of Jordan, that it was well watered every where, before the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, even as the garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt, as thou comest unto Zoar.
- Then Lot chose him all the plain of Jordan; and Lot journeyed east: and they separated themselves the one from the other.
- Abram dwelled in the land of Canaan, and Lot dwelled in the cities of the plain, and pitched his tent toward Sodom.
- But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the LORD exceedingly.
- And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:
- For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.
- And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.
- Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.
- Then Abram removed his tent, and came and dwelt in the plain of Mamre, which is in Hebron, and built there an altar unto the LORD.