| Ezekiel 19 - Versions
| Ezekiel 19 Text (WEB)
- Moreover, take up a lamentation for the princes of Israel,
- and say, What was your mother? A lioness: she couched among lions, in the midst of the young lions she nourished her cubs.
- She brought up one of her cubs: he became a young lion, and he learned to catch the prey; he devoured men.
- The nations also heard of him; he was taken in their pit; and they brought him with hooks to the land of Egypt.
- Now when she saw that she had waited, and her hope was lost, then she took another of her cubs, and made him a young lion.
- He went up and down among the lions; he became a young lion, and he learned to catch the prey; he devoured men.
- He knew their palaces, and laid waste their cities; and the land was desolate, and its fullness, because of the noise of his roaring.
- Then the nations set against him on every side from the provinces; and they spread their net over him; he was taken in their pit.
- They put him in a cage with hooks, and brought him to the king of Babylon; they brought him into strongholds, that his voice should no more be heard on the mountains of Israel.
- Your mother was like a vine, in your blood, planted by the waters: it was fruitful and full of branches by reason of many waters.
- It had strong rods for the scepters of those who bore rule, and their stature was exalted among the thick boughs, and they were seen in their height with the multitude of their branches.
- But it was plucked up in fury, it was cast down to the ground, and the east wind dried up its fruit: its strong rods were broken off and withered; the fire consumed them.
- Now it is planted in the wilderness, in a dry and thirsty land.
- Fire is gone out of the rods of its branches, it has devoured its fruit, so that there is in it no strong rod to be a scepter to rule. This is a lamentation, and shall be for a lamentation.
| Ezekiel 19 Text (Hebrew)
- ואתה שא קינה אל־נשיאי ישראל׃
- ואמרת מה אמך לביא בין אריות רבצה בתוך כפרים רבתה גוריה׃
- ותעל אחד מגריה כפיר היה וילמד לטרף־טרף אדם אכל׃
- וישמעו אליו גוים בשחתם נתפש ויבאהו בחחים אל־ארץ מצרים׃
- ותרא כי נוחלה אבדה תקותה ותקח אחד מגריה כפיר שמתהו׃
- ויתהלך בתוך־אריות כפיר היה וילמד לטרף־טרף אדם אכל׃
- וידע אלמנותיו ועריהם החריב ותשם ארץ ומלאה מקול שאגתו׃
- ויתנו עליו גוים סביב ממדינות ויפרשו עליו רשתם בשחתם נתפש׃
- ויתנהו בסוגר בחחים ויבאהו אל־מלך בבל יבאהו במצדות למען לא־ישמע קולו עוד אל־הרי ישראל׃ ף
- אמך כגפן בדמך על־מים שתולה פריה וענפה היתה ממים רבים׃
- ויהיו־לה מטות עז אל־שבטי משלים ותגבה קומתו על־בין עבתים וירא בגבהו ברב דליתיו׃
- ותתש בחמה לארץ השלכה ורוח הקדים הוביש פריה התפרקו ויבשו מטה עזה אש אכלתהו׃
- ועתה שתולה במדבר בארץ ציה וצמא׃
- ותצא אש ממטה בדיה פריה אכלה ולא־היה בה מטה־עז שבט למשול קינה היא ותהי לקינה׃ ף
| Ezekiel 19 Text (Latin)
- Et tu assume planctum super principes Israël :
- et dices : Quare mater tua leæna inter leones cubavit ? in medio leunculorum enutrivit catulos suos ?
- Et eduxit unum de leunculis suis, et leo factus est : et didicit capere prædam, hominemque comedere.
- Et audierunt de eo gentes : et non absque vulneribus suis ceperunt eum, et adduxerunt eum in catenis in terram Ægypti.
- Quæ cum vidisset quoniam infirmata est, et periit exspectatio ejus, tulit unum de leunculis suis ; leonem constituit eum.
- Qui incedebat inter leones, et factus est leo : et didicit prædam capere, et homines devorare :
- didicit viduas facere, et civitates earum in desertum adducere : et desolata est terra et plenitudo ejus a voce rugitus illius.
- Et convenerunt adversus eum gentes undique de provinciis, et expanderunt super eum rete suum : in vulneribus earum captus est,
- et miserunt eum in caveam : in catenis adduxerunt eum ad regem Babylonis, miseruntque eum in carcerem, ne audiretur vox ejus ultra super montes Israël.
- Mater tua quasi vinea in sanguine tuo super aquam plantata est : fructus ejus et frondes ejus creverunt ex aquis multis.
- Et factæ sunt ei virgæ solidæ in sceptra dominantium, et exaltata est statura ejus inter frondes, et vidit altitudinem suam in multitudine palmitum suorum.
- Et evulsa est in ira, in terramque projecta, et ventus urens siccavit fructum ejus : marcuerunt et arefactæ sunt virgæ roboris ejus : ignis comedit eam.
- Et nunc transplantata est in desertum, in terra invia et sitienti.
- Et egressus est ignis de virga ramorum ejus, qui fructum ejus comedit : et non fuit in ea virga fortis, sceptrum dominantium. Planctus est, et erit in planctum.
| Ezekiel 19 Text (KJV)
- Moreover take thou up a lamentation for the princes of Israel,
- And say, What is thy mother? A lioness: she lay down among lions, she nourished her whelps among young lions.
- And she brought up one of her whelps: it became a young lion, and it learned to catch the prey; it devoured men.
- The nations also heard of him; he was taken in their pit, and they brought him with chains unto the land of Egypt.
- Now when she saw that she had waited, and her hope was lost, then she took another of her whelps, and made him a young lion.
- And he went up and down among the lions, he became a young lion, and learned to catch the prey, and devoured men.
- And he knew their desolate palaces, and he laid waste their cities; and the land was desolate, and the fulness thereof, by the noise of his roaring.
- Then the nations set against him on every side from the provinces, and spread their net over him: he was taken in their pit.
- And they put him in ward in chains, and brought him to the king of Babylon: they brought him into holds, that his voice should no more be heard upon the mountains of Israel.
- Thy mother is like a vine in thy blood, planted by the waters: she was fruitful and full of branches by reason of many waters.
- And she had strong rods for the sceptres of them that bare rule, and her stature was exalted among the thick branches, and she appeared in her height with the multitude of her branches.
- But she was plucked up in fury, she was cast down to the ground, and the east wind dried up her fruit: her strong rods were broken and withered; the fire consumed them.
- And now she is planted in the wilderness, in a dry and thirsty ground.
- And fire is gone out of a rod of her branches, which hath devoured her fruit, so that she hath no strong rod to be a sceptre to rule. This is a lamentation, and shall be for a lamentation.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Ezekiel