| Exodus 37 - Versions
| Exodus 37 Text (WEB)
- Bezalel made the ark of acacia wood. Its length was two and a half cubits, and its breadth a cubit and a half, and a cubit and a half its height.
- He overlaid it with pure gold inside and outside, and made a molding of gold for it around it.
- He cast four rings of gold for it, in its four feet; even two rings on its one side, and two rings on its other side.
- He made poles of acacia wood, and overlaid them with gold.
- He put the poles into the rings on the sides of the ark, to bear the ark.
- He made a mercy seat of pure gold. Its length was two and a half cubits, and a cubit and a half its breadth.
- He made two cherubim of gold. He made them of beaten work, at the two ends of the mercy seat;
- one cherub at the one end, and one cherub at the other end. He made the cherubim of one piece with the mercy seat at its two ends.
- The cherubim spread out their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, with their faces toward one another. The faces of the cherubim were toward the mercy seat.
- He made the table of acacia wood. Its length was two cubits, and its breadth was a cubit, and its height was a cubit and a half.
- He overlaid it with pure gold, and made a gold molding around it.
- He made a border of a handbreadth around it, and made a golden molding on its border around it.
- He cast four rings of gold for it, and put the rings in the four corners that were on its four feet.
- The rings were close by the border, the places for the poles to carry the table.
- He made the poles of acacia wood, and overlaid them with gold, to carry the table.
- He made the vessels which were on the table, its dishes, its spoons, its bowls, and its pitchers with which to pour out, of pure gold.
- He made the lampstand of pure gold. He made the lampstand of beaten work. Its base, its shaft, its cups, its buds, and its flowers were of one piece with it.
- There were six branches going out of its sides: three branches of the lampstand out of its one side, and three branches of the lampstand out of its other side:
- three cups made like almond blossoms in one branch, a bud and a flower, and three cups made like almond blossoms in the other branch, a bud and a flower: so for the six branches going out of the lampstand.
- In the lampstand were four cups made like almond blossoms, its buds and its flowers;
- and a bud under two branches of one piece with it, and a bud under two branches of one piece with it, and a bud under two branches of one piece with it, for the six branches going out of it.
- Their buds and their branches were of one piece with it. The whole thing was one beaten work of pure gold.
- He made its seven lamps, and its snuffers, and its snuff dishes, of pure gold.
- He made it of a talent of pure gold, with all its vessels.
- He made the altar of incense of acacia wood. It was square: its length was a cubit, and its breadth a cubit. Its height was two cubits. Its horns were of one piece with it.
- He overlaid it with pure gold, its top, its sides around it, and its horns. He made a gold molding around it.
- He made two golden rings for it under its molding crown, on its two ribs, on its two sides, for places for poles with which to carry it.
- He made the poles of acacia wood, and overlaid them with gold.
- He made the holy anointing oil and the pure incense of sweet spices, after the art of the perfumer.
| Exodus 37 Text (Hebrew)
- ויעש בצלאל את־הארן עצי שטים אמתים וחצי ארכו ואמה וחצי רחבו ואמה וחצי קמתו׃
- ויצפהו זהב טהור מבית ומחוץ ויעש לו זר זהב סביב׃
- ויצק לו ארבע טבעת זהב על ארבע פעמתיו ושתי טבעת על־צלעו האחת ושתי טבעות על־צלעו השנית׃
- ויעש בדי עצי שטים ויצף אתם זהב׃
- ויבא את־הבדים בטבעת על צלעת הארן לשאת את־הארן׃
- ויעש כפרת זהב טהור אמתים וחצי ארכה ואמה וחצי רחבה׃
- ויעש שני כרבים זהב מקשה עשה אתם משני קצות הכפרת׃
- כרוב־אחד מקצה מזה וכרוב־אחד מקצה מזה מן־הכפרת עשה את־הכרבים משני ׃
- ויהיו הכרבים פרשי כנפים למעלה סככים בכנפיהם על־הכפרת ופניהם איש אל־אחיו אל־הכפרת היו פני הכרבים׃ ף
- ויעש את־השלחן עצי שטים אמתים ארכו ואמה רחבו ואמה וחצי קמתו׃
- ויצף אתו זהב טהור ויעש לו זר זהב סביב׃
- ויעש לו מסגרת טפח סביב ויעש זר־זהב למסגרתו סביב׃
- ויצק לו ארבע טבעת זהב ויתן את־הטבעת על ארבע הפאת אשר לארבע רגליו׃
- לעמת המסגרת היו הטבעת בתים לבדים לשאת את־השלחן׃
- ויעש את־הבדים עצי שטים ויצף אתם זהב לשאת את־השלחן׃
- ויעש את־הכלים אשר על־השלחן את־קערתיו ואת־כפתיו ואת מנקיתיו ואת־הקשות אשר יסך בהן זהב טהור׃ ף
- ויעש את־המנרה זהב טהור מקשה עשה את־המנרה ירכה וקנה גביעיה כפתריה ופרחיה ממנה היו׃
- וששה קנים יצאים מצדיה שלשה קני מנרה מצדה האחד ושלשה קני מנרה מצדה השני׃
- שלשה גבעים משקדים בקנה האחד כפתר ופרח ושלשה גבעים משקדים בקנה אחד כפתר ופרח כן לששת הקנים היצאים מן־המנרה׃
- ובמנרה ארבעה גבעים משקדים כפתריה ופרחיה׃
- וכפתר תחת שני הקנים ממנה וכפתר תחת שני הקנים ממנה וכפתר תחת־שני הקנים ממנה לששת הקנים היצאים ממנה׃
- כפתריהם וקנתם ממנה היו כלה מקשה אחת זהב טהור׃
- ויעש את־נרתיה שבעה ומלקחיה ומחתתיה זהב טהור׃
- ככר זהב טהור עשה אתה ואת כל־כליה׃ ף
- ויעש את־מזבח הקטרת עצי שטים אמה ארכו ואמה רחבו רבוע ואמתים קמתו ממנו היו קרנתיו׃
- ויצף אתו זהב טהור את־גגו ואת־קירתיו סביב ואת־קרנתיו ויעש לו זר זהב סביב׃
- ושתי טבעת זהב עשה־לו מתחת לזרו על שתי צלעתיו על שני צדיו לבתים לבדים לשאת אתו בהם׃
- ויעש את־הבדים עצי שטים ויצף אתם זהב׃
- ויעש את־שמן המשחה קדש ואת־קטרת הסמים טהור מעשה רקח׃ ף
| Exodus 37 Text (Latin)
- Fecit autem Beseleel et arcam de lignis setim, habentem duos semis cubitos in longitudine, et cubitum ac semissem in latitudine, altitudo quoque unius cubiti fuit et dimidii : vestivitque eam auro purissimo intus ac foris.
- Et fecit illi coronam auream per gyrum,
- conflans quatuor annulos aureos per quatuor angulos ejus : duos annulos in latere uno, et duos in altero.
- Vectes quoque fecit de lignis setim, quos vestivit auro,
- et quos misit in annulos, qui erant in lateribus arcæ ad portandum eam.
- Fecit et propitiatorium, id est, oraculum, de auro mundissimo, duorum cubitorum et dimidii in longitudine, et cubiti ac semis in latitudine.
- Duos etiam cherubim ex auro ductili, quos posuit ex utraque parte propitiatorii :
- cherub unum in summitate unius partis, et cherub alterum in summitate partis alterius : duos cherubim in singulis summitatibus propitiatorii,
- extendentes alas, et tegentes propitiatorium, seque mutuo et illud respicientes.
- Fecit et mensam de lignis setim in longitudine duorum cubitorum, et in latitudine unius cubiti, quæ habebat in altitudine cubitum ac semissem.
- Circumdeditque eam auro mundissimo, et fecit illi labium aureum per gyrum,
- ipsique labio coronam auream interrasilem quatuor digitorum, et super eamdem, alteram coronam auream.
- Fudit et quatuor circulos aureos, quos posuit in quatuor angulis per singulos pedes mensæ
- contra coronam : misitque in eos vectes, ut possit mensa portari.
- Ipsos quoque vectes fecit de lignis setim, et circumdedit eos auro.
- Et vasa ad diversos usus mensæ, acetabula, phialas, et cyathos, et thuribula, ex auro puro, in quibus offerenda sunt libamina.
- Fecit et candelabrum ductile de auro mundissimo, de cujus vecte calami, scyphi, sphærulæque, ac lilia procedebant :
- sex in utroque latere, tres calami ex parte una, et tres ex altera :
- tres scyphi in nucis modum per calamos singulos, sphærulæque simul et lilia : et tres scyphi instar nucis in calamo altero, sphærulæque simul et lilia. Æquum erat opus sex calamorum, qui procedebant de stipite candelabri.
- In ipso autem vecte erant quatuor scyphi in nucis modum, sphærulæque per singulos simul et lilia :
- et sphærulæ sub duobus calamis per loca tria, qui simul sex fiunt calami procedentes de vecte uno.
- Et sphærulæ igitur, et calami ex ipso erant, universa ductilia ex auro purissimo.
- Fecit et lucernas septem cum emunctoriis suis, et vasa ubi ea, quæ emuncta sunt, extinguantur, de auro mundissimo.
- Talentum auri appendebat candelabrum cum omnibus vasis suis.
- Fecit et altare thymiamatis de lignis setim, per quadrum singulos habens cubitos, et in altitudine duos : e cujus angulis procedebant cornua.
- Vestivitque illud auro purissimo cum craticula ac parietibus et cornibus.
- Fecitque ei coronam aureolam per gyrum, et duos annulos aureos sub corona per singula latera, ut mittantur in eos vectes, et possit altare portari.
- Ipsos autem vectes fecit de lignis setim, et operuit laminis aureis.
- Composuit et oleum ad sanctificationis unguentum, et thymiama de aromatibus mundissimis opere pigmentarii.
| Exodus 37 Text (KJV)
- And Bezaleel made the ark of shittim wood: two cubits and a half was the length of it, and a cubit and a half the breadth of it, and a cubit and a half the height of it:
- And he overlaid it with pure gold within and without, and made a crown of gold to it round about.
- And he cast for it four rings of gold, to be set by the four corners of it; even two rings upon the one side of it, and two rings upon the other side of it.
- And he made staves of shittim wood, and overlaid them with gold.
- And he put the staves into the rings by the sides of the ark, to bear the ark.
- And he made the mercy seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half was the length thereof, and one cubit and a half the breadth thereof.
- And he made two cherubims of gold, beaten out of one piece made he them, on the two ends of the mercy seat;
- One cherub on the end on this side, and another cherub on the other end on that side: out of the mercy seat made he the cherubims on the two ends thereof.
- And the cherubims spread out their wings on high, and covered with their wings over the mercy seat, with their faces one to another; even to the mercy seatward were the faces of the cherubims.
- And he made the table of shittim wood: two cubits was the length thereof, and a cubit the breadth thereof, and a cubit and a half the height thereof:
- And he overlaid it with pure gold, and made thereunto a crown of gold round about.
- Also he made thereunto a border of an handbreadth round about; and made a crown of gold for the border thereof round about.
- And he cast for it four rings of gold, and put the rings upon the four corners that were in the four feet thereof.
- Over against the border were the rings, the places for the staves to bear the table.
- And he made the staves of shittim wood, and overlaid them with gold, to bear the table.
- And he made the vessels which were upon the table, his dishes, and his spoons, and his bowls, and his covers to cover withal, of pure gold.
- And he made the candlestick of pure gold: of beaten work made he the candlestick; his shaft, and his branch, his bowls, his knops, and his flowers, were of the same:
- And six branches going out of the sides thereof; three branches of the candlestick out of the one side thereof, and three branches of the candlestick out of the other side thereof:
- Three bowls made after the fashion of almonds in one branch, a knop and a flower; and three bowls made like almonds in another branch, a knop and a flower: so throughout the six branches going out of the candlestick.
- And in the candlestick were four bowls made like almonds, his knops, and his flowers:
- And a knop under two branches of the same, and a knop under two branches of the same, and a knop under two branches of the same, according to the six branches going out of it.
- Their knops and their branches were of the same: all of it was one beaten work of pure gold.
- And he made his seven lamps, and his snuffers, and his snuffdishes, of pure gold.
- Of a talent of pure gold made he it, and all the vessels thereof.
- And he made the incense altar of shittim wood: the length of it was a cubit, and the breadth of it a cubit; it was foursquare; and two cubits was the height of it; the horns thereof were of the same.
- And he overlaid it with pure gold, both the top of it, and the sides thereof round about, and the horns of it: also he made unto it a crown of gold round about.
- And he made two rings of gold for it under the crown thereof, by the two corners of it, upon the two sides thereof, to be places for the staves to bear it withal.
- And he made the staves of shittim wood, and overlaid them with gold.
- And he made the holy anointing oil, and the pure incense of sweet spices, according to the work of the apothecary.