| Ephesians 1 - Versions
| Ephesians 1 Text (WEB)
- Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus through the will of God, to the saints who are at Ephesus, and the faithful in Christ Jesus:
- Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ;
- even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and without blemish before him in love;
- having predestined us for adoption as children through Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his desire,
- to the praise of the glory of his grace, by which he freely bestowed favor on us in the Beloved,
- in whom we have our redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,
- which he made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence,
- making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he purposed in him
- to an administration of the fullness of the times, to sum up all things in Christ, the things in the heavens, and the things on the earth, in him;
- in whom also we were assigned an inheritance, having been foreordained according to the purpose of him who works all things after the counsel of his will;
- to the end that we should be to the praise of his glory, we who had before hoped in Christ:
- in whom you also, having heard the word of the truth, the Good News of your salvation--in whom, having also believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
- who is a pledge of our inheritance, to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of his glory.
- For this cause I also, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which is among you, and the love which you have toward all the saints,
- don't cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers,
- that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him;
- having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope of his calling, and what are the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
- and what is the exceeding greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to that working of the strength of his might
- which he worked in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and made him to sit at his right hand in the heavenly places,
- far above all rule, and authority, and power, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age, but also in that which is to come.
- He put all things in subjection under his feet, and gave him to be head over all things for the assembly,
- which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.
| Ephesians 1 Text (Hebrew)
- פולוס שליח ישוע המשיח ברצון אלהים אל הקדשים הנמצאים באפסוס ומאמינים במשיח ישוע׃
- חסד לכם ושלום מאת האלהים אבינו ואדנינו ישוע המשיח׃
- ברוך הוא האלהים ואבי אדנינו ישוע המשיח אשר ברכנו בכל ברכת רוח במרומים במשיח׃
- כאשר בחר אתנו בו לפני מוסדות תבל להיות קדשים ותמימים לפניו באהבה׃
- יעדנו לו לבנים על ידי ישוע המשיח כחפץ רצונו׃
- לתהלת כבוד חסדו אשר נתן אתנו בידידו׃
- אשר בו לנו הפדיום בדמו וסליחת הפשעים כרב חסדו׃
- אשר השפיעו עלינו בכל חכמה והשכל׃
- והודיענו את סוד רצונו כעצתו היעוצה בו׃
- על דבר הנהגתו במלאת העתים לקבץ את הכל תחת המשיח הן מה שבשמים הן מה שבארץ׃
- אשר גם לקחנו בו נחלתנו אנחנו המיעדים לה מאז במחשבת פעל הכל כעצת חפצו׃
- להיותנו לתהלת כבודו אנחנו אשר יחלנו אל המשיח מאז׃
- ואשר גם אתם נטועים בו אחרי שמעכם דבר האמת את בשורת ישועתכם ואשר בו כשהאמנתם גם נחתמתם ברוח ההבטחה רוח הקדש׃
- כי זה ערבון ירשתנו לפדות לו עם סגלה לתהלת כבודו׃
- בעבור זאת גם אנכי אחרי שמעי אמונתכם באדנינו ישוע והאהבה אשר אהבתם את כל הקדשים׃
- לא אחדל מהודות בעבורכם בהזכירי אתכם בתפלתי׃
- כי יתן לכם אלהי אדנינו ישוע המשיח אבי הכבוד את רוח החכמה והחזון לדעת אתו׃
- ויאר עיני לבבכם למען תדעו אי זו היא תוחלת קריאתו ואי זה הוא עשר כבוד נחלתו בקדשים׃
- ואי זה הוא יתרון גדלת גבורתו בנו המאמינים כפי פעלת עצת כחו׃
- אשר פעל במשיח בהעיר אתו מן המתים ויושיבנו לימינו במרומים׃
- ממעל לכל שררה ושלטן וגבורה וממשלה וכל הנקרא בשם לא לבד בעולם הזה כי אם גם בעולם הבא׃
- וישת כל תחת רגליו ויתן אתו לראש על הכל אל העדה׃
- אשר היא גופו מלוא הממלא את הכל בכל׃
| Ephesians 1 Text (Latin)
- Paulus Apostolus Jesu Christi per voluntatem Dei, omnibus sanctis qui sunt Ephesi, et fidelibus in Christo Jesu.
- Gratia vobis, et pax a Deo Patre nostro, et Domino Jesu Christo.
- Benedictus Deus et Pater Domini nostri Jesu Christi, qui benedixit nos in omni benedictione spirituali in cælestibus in Christo,
- sicut elegit nos in ipso ante mundi constitutionem, ut essemus sancti et immaculati in conspectu ejus in caritate.
- Qui prædestinavit nos in adoptionem filiorum per Jesum Christum in ipsum : secundum propositum voluntatis suæ,
- in laudem gloriæ gratiæ suæ, in qua gratificavit nos in dilecto Filio suo.
- In quo habemus redemptionem per sanguinem ejus, remissionem peccatorum secundum divitias gratiæ ejus,
- quæ superabundavit in nobis in omni sapientia et prudentia :
- ut notum faceret nobis sacramentum voluntatis suæ, secundum beneplacitum ejus, quod proposuit in eo,
- in dispensatione plenitudinis temporum, instaurare omnia in Christo, quæ in cælis et quæ in terra sunt, in ipso ;
- in quo etiam et nos sorte vocati sumus prædestinati secundum propositum ejus qui operatur omnia secundum consilium voluntatis suæ :
- ut simus in laudem gloriæ ejus nos, qui ante speravimus in Christo ;
- in quo et vos, cum audissetis verbum veritatis, Evangelium salutis vestræ, in quo et credentes signati estis Spiritu promissionis Sancto,
- qui est pignus hæreditatis nostræ, in redemptionem acquisitionis, in laudem gloriæ ipsius.
- Propterea et ego audiens fidem vestram, quæ est in Domino Jesu, et dilectionem in omnes sanctos,
- non cesso gratias agens pro vobis, memoriam vestri faciens in orationibus meis :
- ut Deus Domini nostri Jesu Christi, Pater gloriæ, det vobis spiritum sapientiæ et revelationis in agnitione ejus,
- illuminatos oculos cordis vestri, ut sciatis quæ sit spes vocationis ejus, et quæ divitiæ gloriæ hæreditatis ejus in sanctis,
- et quæ sit supereminens magnitudo virtutis ejus in nos, qui credimus secundum operationem potentiæ virtutis ejus,
- quam operatus est in Christo, suscitans illum a mortuis, et constituens ad dexteram suam in cælestibus :
- supra omnem principatum, et potestatem, et virtutem, et dominationem, et omne nomen, quod nominatur non solum in hoc sæculo, sed etiam in futuro.
- Et omnia subjecit sub pedibus ejus : et ipsum dedit caput supra omnem ecclesiam,
- quæ est corpus ipsius, et plenitudo ejus, qui omnia in omnibus adimpletur.
| Ephesians 1 Text (KJV)
- Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
- Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
- According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
- Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
- To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
- In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
- Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
- Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
- That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
- In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
- That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
- In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
- Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
- Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
- Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
- That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
- The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
- And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to usward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
- Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
- Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
- And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
- Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.