| Daniel 10 - Versions
| Daniel 10 Text (WEB)
- In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a thing was revealed to Daniel, whose name was called Belteshazzar; and the thing was true, even a great warfare: and he understood the thing, and had understanding of the vision.
- In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three whole weeks.
- I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine into my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, until three whole weeks were fulfilled.
- In the four and twentieth day of the first month, as I was by the side of the great river, which is Hiddekel,
- I lifted up my eyes, and looked, and behold, a man clothed in linen, whose thighs were adorned with pure gold of Uphaz:
- his body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as flaming torches, and his arms and his feet like burnished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.
- I, Daniel, alone saw the vision; for the men who were with me didn't see the vision; but a great quaking fell on them, and they fled to hide themselves.
- So I was left alone, and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me; for my comeliness was turned in me into corruption, and I retained no strength.
- Yet heard I the voice of his words; and when I heard the voice of his words, then was I fallen into a deep sleep on my face, with my face toward the ground.
- Behold, a hand touched me, which set me on my knees and on the palms of my hands.
- He said to me, Daniel, you man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak to you, and stand upright; for am I now sent to you. When he had spoken this word to me, I stood trembling.
- Then he said to me, Don't be afraid, Daniel; for from the first day that you set your heart to understand, and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard: and I have come for your words' sake.
- But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; but, behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me: and I remained there with the kings of Persia.
- Now I have come to make you understand what shall happen to your people in the latter days; for the vision is yet for [many] days:
- and when he had spoken to me according to these words, I set my face toward the ground, and was mute.
- Behold, one in the likeness of the sons of men touched my lips: then I opened my mouth, and spoke and said to him who stood before me, my lord, by reason of the vision my sorrows are turned on me, and I retain no strength.
- For how can the servant of this my lord talk with this my lord? for as for me, immediately there remained no strength in me, neither was there breath left in me.
- Then there touched me again one like the appearance of a man, and he strengthened me.
- He said, "Greatly beloved man, don't be afraid: peace be to you, be strong, yes, be strong." When he spoke to me, I was strengthened, and said, "Let my lord speak; for you have strengthened me."
- Then he said, "Do you know why I have come to you? Now I will return to fight with the prince of Persia. When I go forth, behold, the prince of Greece shall come.
- But I will tell you that which is inscribed in the writing of truth: and there is none who holds with me against these, but Michael your prince."
| Daniel 10 Text (Hebrew)
- בשנת שלוש לכורש מלך פרס דבר נגלה לדניאל אשר־נקרא שמו בלטשאצר ואמת הדבר וצבא גדול ובין את־הדבר ובינה לו במראה׃
- בימים ההם אני דניאל הייתי מתאבל שלשה שבעים ימים׃
- לחם חמדות לא אכלתי ובשר ויין לא־בא אל־פי וסוך לא־סכתי עד־מלאת שלשת שבעים ימים׃ ף
- וביום עשרים וארבעה לחדש הראשון ואני הייתי על יד הנהר הגדול הוא חדקל׃
- ואשא את־עיני וארא והנה איש־אחד לבוש בדים ומתניו חגרים בכתם אופז׃
- וגויתו כתרשיש ופניו כמראה ברק ועיניו כלפידי אש וזרעתיו ומרגלתיו כעין נחשת קלל וקול דבריו כקול המון׃
- וראיתי אני דניאל לבדי את־המראה והאנשים אשר היו עמי לא ראו את־המראה אבל חרדה גדלה נפלה עליהם ויברחו בהחבא׃
- ואני נשארתי לבדי ואראה את־המראה הגדלה הזאת ולא נשאר־בי כח והודי נהפך עלי למשחית ולא עצרתי כח׃
- ואשמע את־קול דבריו וכשמעי את־קול דבריו ואני הייתי נרדם על־פני ופני ארצה׃
- והנה־יד נגעה בי ותניעני על־ברכי וכפות ידי׃
- ויאמר אלי דניאל איש־חמדות הבן בדברים אשר אנכי דבר אליך ועמד על־עמדך כי עתה שלחתי אליך ובדברו עמי את־הדבר הזה עמדתי מרעיד׃
- ויאמר אלי אל־תירא דניאל כי מן־היום הראשון אשר נתת את־לבך להבין ולהתענות לפני אלהיך נשמעו דבריך ואני־באתי בדבריך׃
- ושר מלכות פרס עמד לנגדי עשרים ואחד יום והנה מיכאל אחד השרים הראשנים בא לעזרני ואני נותרתי שם אצל מלכי פרס׃
- ובאתי להבינך את אשר־יקרה לעמך באחרית הימים כי־עוד חזון לימים׃
- ובדברו עמי כדברים האלה נתתי פני ארצה ונאלמתי׃
- והנה כדמות בני אדם נגע על־שפתי ואפתח־פי ואדברה ואמרה אל־העמד לנגדי אדני במראה נהפכו צירי עלי ולא עצרתי כח׃
- והיך יוכל עבד אדני זה לדבר עם־אדני זה ואני מעתה לא־יעמד־בי כח ונשמה לא נשארה־בי׃
- ויסף ויגע־בי כמראה אדם ויחזקני׃
- ויאמר אל־תירא איש־חמדות שלום לך חזק וחזק וכדברו עמי התחזקתי ואמרה ידבר אדני כי חזקתני׃
- ויאמר הידעת למה־באתי אליך ועתה אשוב להלחם עם־שר פרס ואני יוצא והנה שר־יון בא׃
- אבל אגיד לך את־הרשום בכתב אמת ואין אחד מתחזק עמי על־אלה כי אם־מיכאל שרכם׃ ף
| Daniel 10 Text (Latin)
- Anno tertio Cyri regis Persarum, verbum revelatum est Danieli cognomento Baltassar, et verbum verum, et fortitudo magna : intellexitque sermonem : intelligentia enim est opus in visione.
- In diebus illis ego Daniel lugebam trium hebdomadarum diebus :
- panem desiderabilem non comedi, et caro et vinum non introierunt in os meum, sed neque unguento unctus sum, donec complerentur trium hebdomadarum dies.
- Die autem vigesima et quarta mensis primi, eram juxta fluvium magnum, qui est Tigris.
- Et levavi oculos meos, et vidi : et ecce vir unus vestitus lineis, et renes ejus accincti auro obrizo :
- et corpus ejus quasi chrysolithus, et facies ejus velut species fulguris, et oculi ejus ut lampas ardens : et brachia ejus, et quæ deorsum sunt usque ad pedes, quasi species æris candentis : et vox sermonum ejus ut vox multitudinis.
- Vidi autem ego Daniel solus visionem : porro viri qui erant mecum non viderunt, sed terror nimius irruit super eos, et fugerunt in absconditum.
- Ego autem relictus solus vidi visionem grandem hanc : et non remansit in me fortitudo, sed et species mea immutata est in me, et emarcui, nec habui quidquam virium.
- Et audivi vocem sermonum ejus : et audiens jacebam consternatus super faciem meam, et vultus meus hærebat terræ.
- Et ecce manus tetigit me, et erexit me super genua mea, et super articulos manuum mearum.
- Et dixit ad me : Daniel vir desideriorum, intellige verba quæ ego loquor ad te, et sta in gradu tuo : nunc enim sum missus ad te. Cumque dixisset mihi sermonem istum, steti tremens.
- Et ait ad me : Noli metuere, Daniel : quia ex die primo, quo posuisti cor tuum ad intelligendum ut te affligeres in conspectu Dei tui, exaudita sunt verba tua : et ego veni propter sermones tuos.
- Princeps autem regni Persarum restitit mihi viginti et uno diebus : et ecce Michaël, unus de principibus primis, venit in adjutorium meum, et ego remansi ibi juxta regem Persarum.
- Veni autem ut docerem te quæ ventura sunt populo tuo in novissimis diebus, quoniam adhuc visio in dies.
- Cumque loqueretur mihi hujuscemodi verbis, dejeci vultum meum ad terram, et tacui.
- Et ecce quasi similitudo filii hominis tetigit labia mea : et aperiens os meum locutus sum, et dixi ad eum, qui stabat contra me : Domine mi, in visione tua dissolutæ sunt compages meæ, et nihil in me remansit virium.
- Et quomodo poterit servus domini mei loqui cum domino meo? nihil enim in me remansit virium, sed et halitus meus intercluditur.
- Rursum ergo tetigit me quasi visio hominis, et confortavit me,
- et dixit : Noli timere, vir desideriorum : pax tibi : confortare, et esto robustus. Cumque loqueretur mecum, convalui, et dixi : Loquere, domine mi, quia confortasti me.
- Et ait : Numquid scis quare venerim ad te ? et nunc revertar ut prælier adversum principem Persarum. Cum ego egrederer, apparuit princeps Græcorum veniens.
- Verumtamen annuntiabo tibi quod expressum est in scriptura veritatis : et nemo est adjutor meus in omnibus his, nisi Michaël princeps vester.
| Daniel 10 Text (KJV)
- In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a thing was revealed unto Daniel, whose name was called Belteshazzar; and the thing was true, but the time appointed was long: and he understood the thing, and had understanding of the vision.
- In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
- I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.
- And in the four and twentieth day of the first month, as I was by the side of the great river, which is Hiddekel;
- Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz:
- His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.
- And I Daniel alone saw the vision: for the men that were with me saw not the vision; but a great quaking fell upon them, so that they fled to hide themselves.
- Therefore I was left alone, and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me: for my comeliness was turned in me into corruption, and I retained no strength.
- Yet heard I the voice of his words: and when I heard the voice of his words, then was I in a deep sleep on my face, and my face toward the ground.
- And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and upon the palms of my hands.
- And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling.
- Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.
- But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.
- Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days.
- And when he had spoken such words unto me, I set my face toward the ground, and I became dumb.
- And, behold, one like the similitude of the sons of men touched my lips: then I opened my mouth, and spake, and said unto him that stood before me, O my lord, by the vision my sorrows are turned upon me, and I have retained no strength.
- For how can the servant of this my lord talk with this my lord? for as for me, straightway there remained no strength in me, neither is there breath left in me.
- Then there came again and touched me one like the appearance of a man, and he strengthened me,
- And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me.
- Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come.
- But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.