| 2 Samuel 6 - Versions
| 2 Samuel 6 Text (WEB)
- David again gathered together all the chosen men of Israel, thirty thousand.
- David arose, and went with all the people who were with him, from Baale Judah, to bring up from there the ark of God, which is called by the Name, even the name of Yahweh of Armies who sits [above] the cherubim.
- They set the ark of God on a new cart, and brought it out of the house of Abinadab that was in the hill: and Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, drove the new cart.
- They brought it out of the house of Abinadab, which was in the hill, with the ark of God: and Ahio went before the ark.
- David and all the house of Israel played before Yahweh with all kinds of [instruments made of] fir wood, and with harps, and with stringed instruments, and with tambourines, and with castanets, and with cymbals.
- When they came to the threshing floor of Nacon, Uzzah put forth [his hand] to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the cattle stumbled.
- The anger of Yahweh was kindled against Uzzah; and God struck him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.
- David was displeased, because Yahweh had broken forth on Uzzah; and he called that place Perez Uzzah, to this day.
- David was afraid of Yahweh that day; and he said, "How shall the ark of Yahweh come to me?"
- So David would not move the ark of Yahweh to be with him in the city of David; but David carried it aside into the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite.
- The ark of Yahweh remained in the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite three months: and Yahweh blessed Obed-Edom, and all his house.
- It was told king David, saying, "Yahweh has blessed the house of Obed-Edom, and all that pertains to him, because of the ark of God." David went and brought up the ark of God from the house of Obed-Edom into the city of David with joy.
- It was so, that, when those who bore the ark of Yahweh had gone six paces, he sacrificed an ox and a fattened calf.
- David danced before Yahweh with all his might; and David was clothed in a linen ephod.
- So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of Yahweh with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet.
- It was so, as the ark of Yahweh came into the city of David, that Michal the daughter of Saul looked out at the window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before Yahweh; and she despised him in her heart.
- They brought in the ark of Yahweh, and set it in its place, in the midst of the tent that David had pitched for it; and David offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before Yahweh.
- When David had made an end of offering the burnt offering and the peace offerings, he blessed the people in the name of Yahweh of Armies.
- He dealt among all the people, even among the whole multitude of Israel, both to men and women, to everyone a cake of bread, and a portion [of flesh], and a cake of raisins. So all the people departed everyone to his house.
- Then David returned to bless his household. Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, "How glorious the king of Israel was today, who uncovered himself today in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovers himself!"
- David said to Michal, "It was before Yahweh, who chose me above your father, and above all his house, to appoint me prince over the people of Yahweh, over Israel. Therefore will I celebrate before Yahweh.
- I will be yet more vile than this, and will be base in my own sight. But of the handmaids of whom you have spoken, they shall honor me."
- Michal the daughter of Saul had no child to the day of her death.
| 2 Samuel 6 Text (Hebrew)
- ויסף עוד דוד את־כל־בחור בישראל שלשים אלף׃
- ויקם וילך דוד וכל־העם אשר אתו מבעלי יהודה להעלות משם את ארון האלהים אשר־נקרא שם שם יהוה צבאות ישב הכרבים עליו׃
- וירכבו את־ארון האלהים אל־עגלה חדשה וישאהו מבית אבינדב אשר בגבעה ועזא ואחיו בני אבינדב נהגים את־העגלה חדשה׃
- וישאהו מבית אבינדב אשר בגבעה עם ארון האלהים ואחיו הלך לפני הארון׃
- ודוד וכל־בית ישראל משחקים לפני יהוה בכל עצי ברושים ובכנרות ובנבלים ובתפים ובמנענעים ובצלצלים׃
- ויבאו עד־גרן נכון וישלח עזא אל־ארון האלהים ויאחז בו כי שמטו הבקר׃
- ויחר־אף יהוה בעזה ויכהו שם האלהים על־השל וימת שם עם ארון האלהים׃
- ויחר לדוד על אשר פרץ יהוה פרץ בעזה ויקרא למקום ההוא פרץ עזה עד היום הזה׃
- וירא דוד את־יהוה ביום ההוא ויאמר איך יבוא אלי ארון יהוה׃
- ולא־אבה דוד להסיר אליו את־ארון יהוה על־עיר דוד ויטהו דוד בית עבד־אדום הגתי׃
- וישב ארון יהוה בית עבד אדם הגתי שלשה חדשים ויברך יהוה את־עבד אדם ואת־כל־ביתו׃
- ויגד למלך דוד לאמר ברך יהוה את־בית עבד אדם ואת־כל־אשר־לו בעבור ארון האלהים וילך דוד ויעל את־ארון האלהים מבית עבד אדם עיר דוד בשמחה׃
- ויהי כי צעדו נשאי ארון־יהוה ששה צעדים ויזבח שור ומריא׃
- ודוד מכרכר בכל־עז לפני יהוה ודוד חגור אפוד בד׃
- ודוד וכל־בית ישראל מעלים את־ארון יהוה בתרועה ובקול שופר׃
- והיה ארון יהוה בא עיר דוד ומיכל בת־שאול נשקפה בעד החלון ותרא את־המלך דוד מפזז ומכרכר לפני יהוה ותבז לו בלבה׃
- ויבאו את־ארון יהוה ויצגו אתו במקומו בתוך האהל אשר נטה־לו דוד ויעל דוד עלות לפני יהוה ושלמים׃
- ויכל דוד מהעלות העולה והשלמים ויברך את־העם בשם יהוה צבאות׃
- ויחלק לכל־העם לכל־המון ישראל למאיש ועד־אשה לאיש חלת לחם אחת ואשפר אחד ואשישה אחת וילך כל־העם איש לביתו׃
- וישב דוד לברך את־ביתו ותצא מיכל בת־שאול לקראת דוד ותאמר מה־נכבד היום מלך ישראל אשר נגלה היום לעיני אמהות עבדיו כהגלות נגלות אחד הרקים׃
- ויאמר דוד אל־מיכל לפני יהוה אשר בחר־בי מאביך ומכל־ביתו לצות אתי נגיד על־עם יהוה על־ישראל ושחקתי לפני יהוה׃
- ונקלתי עוד מזאת והייתי שפל בעיני ועם־האמהות אשר אמרת עםם אכבדה׃
- ולמיכל בת־שאול לא־היה לה ילד עד יום מותה׃ ף
| 2 Samuel 6 Text (Latin)
- Congregavit autem rursum David omnes electos ex Israël triginta millia.
- Surrexitque David, et abiit, et universus populus qui erat cum eo de viris Juda, ut adducerent arcam Dei, super quam invocatum est nomen Domini exercituum, sedentis in cherubim super eam.
- Et imposuerunt arcam Dei super plaustrum novum : tuleruntque eam de domo Abinadab, qui erat in Gabaa : Oza autem et Ahio filii Abinadab, minabant plaustrum novum.
- Cumque tulissent eam de domo Abinadab, qui erat in Gabaa, custodiens arcam Dei Ahio præcedebat arcam.
- David autem et omnis Israël ludebant coram Domino in omnibus lignis fabrefactis, et citharis et lyris et tympanis et sistris et cymbalis.
- Postquam autem venerunt ad aream Nachon, extendit Oza manum ad arcam Dei, et tenuit eam : quoniam calcitrabant boves, et declinaverunt eam.
- Iratusque est indignatione Dominus contra Ozam, et percussit eum super temeritate : qui mortuus est ibi juxta arcam Dei.
- Contristatus est autem David, eo quod percussisset Dominus Ozam, et vocatum est nomen loci illius : Percussio Ozæ, usque in diem hanc.
- Et extimuit David Dominum in die illa, dicens : Quomodo ingredietur ad me arca Domini ?
- Et noluit divertere ad se arcam Domini in civitatem David : sed divertit eam in domum Obededom Gethæi.
- Et habitavit arca Domini in domo Obededom Gethæi tribus mensibus : et benedixit Dominus Obededom, et omnem domum ejus.
- Nuntiatumque est regi David quod benedixisset Dominus Obededom, et omnia ejus, propter arcam Dei. Abiit ergo David, et adduxit arcam Dei de domo Obededom in civitatem David cum gaudio : et erant cum David septem chori, et victima vituli.
- Cumque transcendissent qui portabant arcam Domini sex passus, immolabat bovem et arietem,
- et David saltabat totis viribus ante Dominum : porro David erat accinctus ephod lineo.
- Et David et omnis domus Israël ducebant arcam testamenti Domini, in jubilo, et in clangore buccinæ.
- Cumque intrasset arca Domini in civitatem David, Michol filia Saul prospiciens per fenestram, vidit regem David subsilientem, atque saltantem coram Domino : et despexit eum in corde suo.
- Et introduxerunt arcam Domini, et imposuerunt eam in loco suo in medio tabernaculi, quod tetenderat ei David : et obtulit David holocausta et pacifica coram Domino.
- Cumque complesset offerens holocausta et pacifica, benedixit populo in nomine Domini exercituum.
- Et partitus est universæ multitudini Israël tam viro quam mulieri singulis collyridam panis unam, et assaturam bubulæ carnis unam, et similam frixam oleo : et abiit omnis populus, unusquisque in domum suam.
- Reversusque est David ut benediceret domui suæ : et egressa Michol filia Saul in occursum David, ait : Quam gloriosus fuit hodie rex Israël discooperiens se ante ancillas servorum suorum, et nudatus est, quasi si nudetur unus de scurris.
- Dixitque David ad Michol : Ante Dominum, qui elegit me potius quam patrem tuum, et quam omnem domum ejus, et præcepit mihi ut essem dux super populum Domini in Israël,
- et Judam, et vilior fiam plus quam factus sum : et ero humilis in oculis meis : et cum ancillis, de quibus locuta es, gloriosior apparebo.
- Igitur Michol filiæ Saul non est natus filius usque in diem mortis suæ.
| 2 Samuel 6 Text (KJV)
- Again, David gathered together all the chosen men of Israel, thirty thousand.
- And David arose, and went with all the people that were with him from Baale of Judah, to bring up from thence the ark of God, whose name is called by the name of the LORD of hosts that dwelleth between the cherubims.
- And they set the ark of God upon a new cart, and brought it out of the house of Abinadab that was in Gibeah: and Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, drave the new cart.
- And they brought it out of the house of Abinadab which was at Gibeah, accompanying the ark of God: and Ahio went before the ark.
- And David and all the house of Israel played before the LORD on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.
- And when they came to Nachon's threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it.
- And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.
- And David was displeased, because the LORD had made a breach upon Uzzah: and he called the name of the place Perez-uzzah to this day.
- And David was afraid of the LORD that day, and said, How shall the ark of the LORD come to me?
- So David would not remove the ark of the LORD unto him into the city of David: but David carried it aside into the house of Obed-edom the Gittite.
- And the ark of the LORD continued in the house of Obed-edom the Gittite three months: and the LORD blessed Obed-edom, and all his household.
- And it was told king David, saying, The LORD hath blessed the house of Obed-edom, and all that pertaineth unto him, because of the ark of God. So David went and brought up the ark of God from the house of Obed-edom into the city of David with gladness.
- And it was so, that when they that bare the ark of the LORD had gone six paces, he sacrificed oxen and fatlings.
- And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.
- So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the LORD with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet.
- And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart.
- And they brought in the ark of the LORD, and set it in his place, in the midst of the tabernacle that David had pitched for it: and David offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before the LORD.
- And as soon as David had made an end of offering burnt offerings and peace offerings, he blessed the people in the name of the LORD of hosts.
- And he dealt among all the people, even among the whole multitude of Israel, as well to the women as men, to every one a cake of bread, and a good piece of flesh, and a flagon of wine. So all the people departed every one to his house.
- Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel to day, who uncovered himself to day in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovereth himself!
- And David said unto Michal, It was before the LORD, which chose me before thy father, and before all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel: therefore will I play before the LORD.
- And I will yet be more vile than thus, and will be base in mine own sight: and of the maidservants which thou hast spoken of, of them shall I be had in honour.
- Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death.