|2 Samuel 22 - Versions
|2 Samuel 22 Text (WEB)
- David spoke to Yahweh the words of this song in the day that Yahweh delivered him out of the hand of all his enemies, and out of the hand of Saul:
- and he said, "Yahweh is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer, even mine;
- God, my rock, in him I will take refuge; my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge. My savior, you save me from violence.
- I will call on Yahweh, who is worthy to be praised: So shall I be saved from my enemies.
- For the waves of death surrounded me. The floods of ungodliness made me afraid.
- The cords of Sheol were around me. The snares of death caught me.
- In my distress I called on Yahweh. Yes, I called to my God. He heard my voice out of his temple. My cry [came] into his ears.
- Then the earth shook and trembled. The foundations of heaven quaked and were shaken, because he was angry.
- Smoke went up out of his nostrils. Fire out of his mouth devoured. Coals were kindled by it.
- He bowed the heavens also, and came down. Thick darkness was under his feet.
- He rode on a cherub, and flew. Yes, he was seen on the wings of the wind.
- He made darkness pavilions around himself: gathering of waters, and thick clouds of the skies.
- At the brightness before him, coals of fire were kindled.
- Yahweh thundered from heaven. The Most High uttered his voice.
- He sent out arrows, and scattered them; lightning, and confused them.
- Then the channels of the sea appeared. The foundations of the world were laid bare by the rebuke of Yahweh, At the blast of the breath of his nostrils.
- He sent from on high and he took me. He drew me out of many waters.
- He delivered me from my strong enemy, from those who hated me, for they were too mighty for me.
- They came on me in the day of my calamity, but Yahweh was my support.
- He also brought me out into a large place. He delivered me, because he delighted in me.
- Yahweh rewarded me according to my righteousness. He rewarded me according to the cleanness of my hands.
- For I have kept the ways of Yahweh, and have not wickedly departed from my God.
- For all his ordinances were before me. As for his statutes, I did not depart from them.
- I was also perfect toward him. I kept myself from my iniquity.
- Therefore Yahweh has rewarded me according to my righteousness, According to my cleanness in his eyesight.
- With the merciful you will show yourself merciful. With the perfect man you will show yourself perfect.
- With the pure you will show yourself pure. With the crooked you will show yourself shrewd.
- You will save the afflicted people, But your eyes are on the haughty, that you may bring them down.
- For you are my lamp, Yahweh. Yahweh will light up my darkness.
- For by you, I run against a troop. By my God, I leap over a wall.
- As for God, his way is perfect. The word of Yahweh is tested. He is a shield to all those who take refuge in him.
- For who is God, besides Yahweh? Who is a rock, besides our God?
- God is my strong fortress. He makes my way perfect.
- He makes his feet like hinds' [feet], and sets me on my high places.
- He teaches my hands to war, so that my arms bend a bow of brass.
- You have also given me the shield of your salvation. Your gentleness has made me great.
- You have enlarged my steps under me. My feet have not slipped.
- I have pursued my enemies and destroyed them. I didn't turn again until they were consumed.
- I have consumed them, and struck them through, so that they can't arise. Yes, they have fallen under my feet.
- For you have armed me with strength for the battle. You have subdued under me those who rose up against me.
- You have also made my enemies turn their backs to me, that I might cut off those who hate me.
- They looked, but there was none to save; even to Yahweh, but he didn't answer them.
- Then I beat them as small as the dust of the earth. I crushed them as the mire of the streets, and spread them abroad.
- You also have delivered me from the strivings of my people. You have kept me to be the head of the nations. A people whom I have not known will serve me.
- The foreigners will submit themselves to me. As soon as they hear of me, they will obey me.
- The foreigners will fade away, and will come trembling out of their close places.
- Yahweh lives! Blessed be my rock! Exalted be God, the rock of my salvation,
- even the God who executes vengeance for me, who brings down peoples under me,
- who brings me away from my enemies. Yes, you lift me up above those who rise up against me. You deliver me from the violent man.
- Therefore I will give thanks to you, Yahweh, among the nations. Will sing praises to your name.
- He gives great deliverance to his king, and shows loving kindness to his anointed, to David and to his seed, forevermore."
|2 Samuel 22 Text (Hebrew)
- וידבר דוד ליהוה את־דברי השירה הזאת ביום הציל יהוה אתו מכף כל־איביו ומכף שאול׃
- ויאמר יהוה סלעי ומצדתי ומפלטי־לי׃
- אלהי צורי אחסה־בו מגני וקרן ישעי משגבי ומנוסי משעי מחמס תשעני׃
- מהלל אקרא יהוה ומאיבי אושע׃
- כי אפפני משברי־מות נחלי בליעל יבעתני׃
- חבלי שאול סבני קדמני מקשי־מות׃
- בצר־לי אקרא יהוה ואל־אלהי אקרא וישמע מהיכלו קולי ושועתי באזניו׃
- ותרעש הארץ מוסדות השמים ירגזו ויתגעשו כי־חרה לו׃
- עלה עשן באפו ואש מפיו תאכל גחלים בערו ממנו׃
- ויט שמים וירד וערפל תחת רגליו׃
- וירכב על־כרוב ויעף וירא על־כנפי־רוח׃
- וישת חשך סביבתיו סכות חשרת־מים עבי שחקים׃
- מנגה נגדו בערו גחלי־אש׃
- ירעם מן־שמים יהוה ועליון יתן קולו׃
- וישלח חצים ויפיצם ברק ׃
- ויראו אפקי ים יגלו מסדות תבל בגערת יהוה מנשמת רוח אפו׃
- ישלח ממרום יקחני ימשני ממים רבים׃
- יצילני מאיבי עז משנאי כי אמצו ממני׃
- יקדמני ביום אידי ויהי יהוה משען לי׃
- ויצא למרחב אתי יחלצני כי־חפץ בי׃
- יגמלני יהוה כצדקתי כבר ידי ישיב לי׃
- כי שמרתי דרכי יהוה ולא רשעתי מאלהי׃
- כי כל־ לנגדי וחקתיו לא־אסור ממנה׃
- ואהיה תמים לו ואשתמרה מעוני׃
- וישב יהוה לי כצדקתי כברי לנגד עיניו׃
- עם־חסיד תתחסד עם־גבור תמים תתםם׃
- עם־נבר תתבר ועם־עקש תתפל׃
- ואת־עם עני תושיע ועיניך על־רמים תשפיל׃
- כי־אתה נירי יהוה ויהוה יגיה חשכי׃
- כי בכה ארוץ גדוד באלהי אדלג־שור׃
- האל תמים דרכו אמרת יהוה צרופה מגן הוא לכל החסים בו׃
- כי מי־אל מבלעדי יהוה ומי צור מבלעדי אלהינו׃
- האל מעוזי חיל ויתר תמים ׃
- משוה כאילות ועל במותי יעמדני׃
- מלמד ידי למלחמה ונחת קשת־נחושה זרעתי׃
- ותתן־לי מגן ישעך וענתך תרבני׃
- תרחיב צעדי תחתני ולא מעדו קרסלי׃
- ארדפה איבי ואשמידם ולא אשוב עד־כלותם׃
- ואכלם ואמחצם ולא יקומון ויפלו תחת רגלי׃
- ותזרני חיל למלחמה תכריע קמי תחתני׃
- ואיבי תתה לי ערף משנאי ואצמיתם׃
- ישעו ואין משיע אל־יהוה ולא ענם׃
- ואשחקם כעפר־ארץ כטיט־חוצות אדקם ארקעם׃
- ותפלטני מריבי עמי תשמרני לראש גוים עם לא־ידעתי יעבדני׃
- בני נכר יתכחשו־לי לשמוע אזן ישמעו לי׃
- בני נכר יבלו ויחגרו ממסגרותם׃
- חי־יהוה וברוך צורי וירם אלהי צור ישעי׃
- האל הנתן נקמת לי ומוריד עמים תחתני׃
- ומוציאי מאיבי ומקמי תרוממני מאיש חמסים תצילני׃
- על־כן אודך יהוה בגוים ולשמך אזמר׃
- ישועות מלכו ועשה־חסד למשיחו לדוד ולזרעו עד־עולם׃ פ
|2 Samuel 22 Text (Latin)
- Locutus est autem David Domino verba carminis hujus in die qua liberavit eum Dominus de manu omnium inimicorum suorum, et de manu Saul,
- et ait : Dominus petra mea, et robur meum, et salvator meus.
- Deus fortis meus sperabo in eum : scutum meum, et cornu salutis meæ : elevator meus, et refugium meum : salvator meus, de iniquitate liberabis me.
- Laudabilem invocabo Dominum : et ab inimicis meis salvus ero.
- Quia circumdederunt me contritiones mortis : torrentes Belial terruerunt me.
- Funes inferni circumdederunt me : prævenerunt me laquei mortis.
- In tribulatione mea invocabo Dominum, et ad Deum meum clamabo : et exaudiet de templo suo vocem meam, et clamor meus venit ad aures ejus.
- Commota est et contremuit terra : fundamenta montium concussa sunt, et conquassata, quoniam iratus est eis.
- Ascendit fumus de naribus ejus, et ignis de ore ejus vorabit : carbones succensi sunt ab eo.
- Inclinavit cælos, et descendit : et caligo sub pedibus ejus.
- Et ascendit super cherubim : et volavit, et lapsus est super pennas venti.
- Posuit tenebras in circuitu suo latibulum, cribrans aquas de nubibus cælorum.
- Præ fulgore in conspectu ejus, succensi sunt carbones ignis.
- Tonabit de cælo Dominus : et excelsus dabit vocem suam.
- Misit sagittas et dissipavit eos : fulgur, et consumpsit eos.
- Et apparuerunt effusiones maris, et revelata sunt fundamenta orbis ab increpatione Domini, ab inspiratione spiritus furoris ejus.
- Misit de excelso, et assumpsit me : et extraxit me de aquis multis.
- Liberavit me ab inimico meo potentissimo, et ab his qui oderant me : quoniam robustiores me erant.
- Prævenit me in die afflictionis meæ, et factus est Dominus firmamentum meum.
- Et eduxit me in latitudinem : liberavit me, quia complacui ei.
- Retribuet mihi Dominus secundum justitiam meam : et secundum munditiam manuum mearum reddet mihi.
- Quia custodivi vias Domini, et non egi impie a Deo meo.
- Omnia enim judicia ejus in conspectu meo : et præcepta ejus non amovi a me.
- Et ero perfectus cum eo : et custodiam me ab iniquitate mea.
- Et restituet mihi Dominus secundum justitiam meam : et secundum munditiam manuum mearum in conspectu oculorum suorum.
- Cum sancto sanctus eris : et cum robusto perfectus.
- Cum electo electus eris : et cum perverso perverteris.
- Et populum pauperem salvum facies : oculisque tuis excelsos humiliabis.
- Quia tu lucerna mea, Domine : et tu, Domine, illuminabis tenebras meas.
- In te enim curram accinctus : in Deo meo transiliam murum.
- Deus, immaculata via ejus, eloquium Domini igne examinatum : scutum est omnium sperantium in se.
- Quis est Deus præter Dominum : et quis fortis præter Deum nostrum ?
- Deus qui accinxit me fortitudine, et complanavit perfectam viam meam.
- Coæquans pedes meos cervis, et super excelsa mea statuens me ;
- docens manus meas ad prælium, et componens quasi arcum æreum brachia mea.
- Dedisti mihi clypeum salutis tuæ, et mansuetudo tua multiplicavit me.
- Dilatabis gressus meos subtus me : et non deficient tali mei.
- Persequar inimicos meos, et conteram : et non convertar donec consumam eos.
- Consumam eos et confringam, ut non consurgant : cadent sub pedibus meis.
- Accinxisti me fortitudine ad prælium : incurvasti resistentes mihi subtus me.
- Inimicos meos dedisti mihi dorsum : odientes me, et disperdam eos.
- Clamabunt, et non erit qui salvet, ad Dominum, et non exaudiet eos.
- Delebo eos ut pulverem terræ : quasi lutum platearum comminuam eos atque confringam.
- Salvabis me a contradictionibus populi mei : custodies me in caput gentium : populus, quem ignoro, serviet mihi.
- Filii alieni resistent mihi, auditu auris obedient mihi.
- Filii alieni defluxerunt, et contrahentur in angustiis suis.
- Vivit Dominus, et benedictus Deus meus : et exaltabitur Deus fortis salutis meæ.
- Deus qui das vindictas mihi, et dejicis populos sub me.
- Qui educis me ab inimicis meis, et a resistentibus mihi elevas me : a viro iniquo liberabis me.
- Propterea confitebor tibi Domine in gentibus : et nomini tuo cantabo :
- magnificans salutes regis sui, et faciens misericordiam christo suo David, et semini ejus in sempiternum.
|2 Samuel 22 Text (KJV)
- And David spake unto the LORD the words of this song in the day that the LORD had delivered him out of the hand of all his enemies, and out of the hand of Saul:
- And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
- The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
- I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
- When the waves of death compassed me, the floods of ungodly men made me afraid;
- The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me;
- In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.
- Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations of heaven moved and shook, because he was wroth.
- There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it.
- He bowed the heavens also, and came down; and darkness was under his feet.
- And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: and he was seen upon the wings of the wind.
- And he made darkness pavilions round about him, dark waters, and thick clouds of the skies.
- Through the brightness before him were coals of fire kindled.
- The LORD thundered from heaven, and the most High uttered his voice.
- And he sent out arrows, and scattered them; lightning, and discomfited them.
- And the channels of the sea appeared, the foundations of the world were discovered, at the rebuking of the LORD, at the blast of the breath of his nostrils.
- He sent from above, he took me; he drew me out of many waters;
- He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them that hated me: for they were too strong for me.
- They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay.
- He brought me forth also into a large place: he delivered me, because he delighted in me.
- The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness: according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me.
- For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God.
- For all his judgments were before me: and as for his statutes, I did not depart from them.
- I was also upright before him, and have kept myself from mine iniquity.
- Therefore the LORD hath recompensed me according to my righteousness; according to my cleanness in his eye sight.
- With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful, and with the upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright.
- With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself unsavoury.
- And the afflicted people thou wilt save: but thine eyes are upon the haughty, that thou mayest bring them down.
- For thou art my lamp, O LORD: and the LORD will lighten my darkness.
- For by thee I have run through a troop: by my God have I leaped over a wall.
- As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.
- For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God?
- God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.
- He maketh my feet like hinds' feet: and setteth me upon my high places.
- He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
- Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy gentleness hath made me great.
- Thou hast enlarged my steps under me; so that my feet did not slip.
- I have pursued mine enemies, and destroyed them; and turned not again until I had consumed them.
- And I have consumed them, and wounded them, that they could not arise: yea, they are fallen under my feet.
- For thou hast girded me with strength to battle: them that rose up against me hast thou subdued under me.
- Thou hast also given me the necks of mine enemies, that I might destroy them that hate me.
- They looked, but there was none to save; even unto the LORD, but he answered them not.
- Then did I beat them as small as the dust of the earth, I did stamp them as the mire of the street, and did spread them abroad.
- Thou also hast delivered me from the strivings of my people, thou hast kept me to be head of the heathen: a people which I knew not shall serve me.
- Strangers shall submit themselves unto me: as soon as they hear, they shall be obedient unto me.
- Strangers shall fade away, and they shall be afraid out of their close places.
- The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation.
- It is God that avengeth me, and that bringeth down the people under me,
- And that bringeth me forth from mine enemies: thou also hast lifted me up on high above them that rose up against me: thou hast delivered me from the violent man.
- Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name.
- He is the tower of salvation for his king: and sheweth mercy to his anointed, unto David, and to his seed for evermore.