| 2 Corinthians 8 - Versions
| 2 Corinthians 8 Text (WEB)
- Moreover, brothers, we make known to you the grace of God which has been given in the assemblies of Macedonia;
- how that in much proof of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded to the riches of their liberality.
- For according to their power, I testify, yes and beyond their power, they gave of their own accord,
- begging us with much entreaty to receive this grace and the fellowship in the service to the saints.
- This was not as we had hoped, but first they gave their own selves to the Lord, and to us through the will of God.
- So we urged Titus, that as he made a beginning before, so he would also complete in you this grace.
- But as you abound in everything, in faith, utterance, knowledge, all earnestness, and in your love to us, see that you also abound in this grace.
- I speak not by way of commandment, but as proving through the earnestness of others the sincerity also of your love.
- For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that you through his poverty might become rich.
- I give a judgment in this: for this is expedient for you, who were the first to start a year ago, not only to do, but also to be willing.
- But now complete the doing also, that as there was the readiness to be willing, so there may be the completion also out of your ability.
- For if the readiness is there, it is acceptable according to what you have, not according to what you don't have.
- For this is not that others may be eased and you distressed,
- but for equality. Your abundance at this present time supplies their lack, that their abundance also may become a supply for your lack; that there may be equality.
- As it is written, "He who gathered much had nothing left over, and he who gathered little had no lack."
- But thanks be to God, who puts the same earnest care for you into the heart of Titus.
- For he indeed accepted our exhortation, but being himself very earnest, he went out to you of his own accord.
- We have sent together with him the brother whose praise in the Good News is known through all the assemblies.
- Not only so, but who was also appointed by the assemblies to travel with us in this grace, which is served by us to the glory of the Lord himself, and to show our readiness.
- We are avoiding this, that any man should blame us concerning this abundance which is administered by us.
- Having regard for honorable things, not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of men.
- We have sent with them our brother, whom we have many times proved earnest in many things, but now much more earnest, by reason of the great confidence which he has in you.
- As for Titus, he is my partner and fellow worker for you. As for our brothers, they are the apostles of the assemblies, the glory of Christ.
- Therefore show the proof of your love to them in front of the assemblies, and of our boasting on your behalf.
| 2 Corinthians 8 Text (Hebrew)
- והננו מודיעים אתכם אחי את חסד אלהים הנתן בקהלות מקדוניא׃
- כי ברב נסיון הלחץ רבתה שמחתם ושפלות רישם העדיפה להראות עשר תמתם׃
- כי מעיד אנכי אשר לפי כחם ויותר מכחם התנדבו׃
- ויבקשו ממנו ברב תחנונים להיות חברינו בגמילות חסדם לעזרת הקדשים׃
- ולא כאשר הוחלנו כי אם את עצמם נתנו בראשונה לאדון וגם לנו ברצון האלהים׃
- עד כי בקשנו מן טיטוס כאשר החל כן גם לגמור בכם את גמילות החסד הזאת׃
- אבל כאשר הותרתם בכל באמונה ובדבור ובדעת ובכל זריזות ובאהבתכם אתנו כן גם תותירו בחסד הזה׃
- ואינני אמר זאת בדרך צווי כי אם לבחן על ידי זריזות אחרים גם את אמתת אהבתכם׃
- כי ידעים אתם את חסד אדנינו ישוע המשיח כי בהיותו עשיר נעשה רש בעבורכם למען תעשירו על ידי רישו׃
- ואחוה את דעתי בדבר הזה כי זאת להועיל לכם אשר הקדמתם כבר בשנה שעברה לא לעשות בלבד כי גם לחפץ׃
- ועתה גם השלימו את המעשה למען כאשר התנדבתם לעשות כן גם תגמרו כפי יכלתכם׃
- כי בהמצא לאיש רוח נדיבה רצויה היא לפי מה שיש לו ולא לפי מה שאין לו׃
- כי לא למען תהיה רוחה לאחרים ולכם צוקה כי אם בשווי ימלא יתרכם בעת הזאת את מחסורם׃
- למען גם יתרם יהיה למלא מחסרכם כדי להשות׃
- ככתוב לא העדיף המרבה והממעיט לא החסיר׃
- ותודות לאלהים הנותן גם בלב טיטוס לשקד עליכם בשקידה כזאת׃
- כי שמע לבקשתנו ובשקידתו היתרה הלך אליכם מרצון נפשו׃
- ועמו יחדו שלחנו האח אשר יצא שבחו בבשורה בכל הקהלות׃
- ומלבד זאת גם נבחר הוא מאת הקהלות ללכת אתנו להביא החסד הזה הגבוי על ידינו לכבוד האדון ולאמץ לבבכם׃
- ונשמר בזאת שלא יוציא איש עלינו דבה רעה בשפעת המתנה הזאת הגבויה על ידינו׃
- כי משגיחים אנחנו על הטוב לא לפני האדון לבד כי גם לפני האדם׃
- ונשלח עמהם את אחינו אשר בחנו את שקידתו פעמים רבות בדברים הרבה ועתה הוא שקוד עוד יותר בגדל בטחונו עליכם׃
- אם לטיטוס הנה חברי הוא ועזרי בכם ואם לאחינו הנה שלוחי הקהלות הם ותפארת המשיח׃
- על כן הראו והוכיחו להם לפני הקהלות את אהבתכם ואת תהלתנו עליכם׃
| 2 Corinthians 8 Text (Latin)
- Notam autem facimus vobis, fratres, gratiam Dei, quæ data est in ecclesiis Macedoniæ :
- quod in multo experimento tribulationis abundantia gaudii ipsorum fuit, et altissima paupertas eorum, abundavit in divitias simplicitatis eorum :
- quia secundum virtutem testimonium illis reddo, et supra virtutem voluntarii fuerunt,
- cum multa exhortatione obsecrantes nos gratiam, et communicationem ministerii, quod fit in sanctos.
- Et non sicut speravimus, sed semetipsos dederunt primum Domino, deinde nobis per voluntatem Dei,
- ita ut rogaremus Titum, ut quemadmodum cœpit, ita et perficiat in vobis etiam gratiam istam.
- Sed sicut in omnibus abundatis fide, et sermone, et scientia, et omni sollicitudine, insuper et caritate vestra in nos, ut et in hac gratia abundetis.
- Non quasi imperans dico : sed per aliorum sollicitudinem, etiam vestræ caritatis ingenium bonum comprobans.
- Scitis enim gratiam Domini nostri Jesu Christi, quoniam propter vos egenus factus est, cum esset dives, ut illius inopia vos divites essetis.
- Et consilium in hoc do : hoc enim vobis utile est, qui non solum facere, sed et velle cœpistis ab anno priore :
- nunc vero et facto perficite : ut quemadmodum promptus est animus voluntatis, ita sit et perficiendi ex eo quod habetis.
- Si enim voluntas prompta est, secundum id quod habet, accepta est, non secundum id quod non habet.
- Non enim ut aliis sit remissio, vobis autem tribulatio, sed ex æqualitate.
- In præsenti tempore vestra abundantia illorum inopiam suppleat : ut et illorum abundantia vestræ inopiæ sit supplementum, ut fiat æqualitas, sicut scriptum est :
- Qui multum, non abundavit : et qui modicum, non minoravit.
- Gratias autem Deo, qui dedit eamdem sollicitudinem pro vobis in corde Titi,
- quoniam exhortationem quidem suscepit : sed cum sollicitior esset, sua voluntate profectus est ad vos.
- Misimus etiam cum illo fratrem, cujus laus est in Evangelio per omnes ecclesias :
- non solum autem, sed et ordinatus est ab ecclesiis comes peregrinationis nostræ in hanc gratiam, quæ ministratur a nobis ad Domini gloriam, et destinatam voluntatem nostram :
- devitantes hoc, ne quis nos vituperet in hac plenitudine, quæ ministratur a nobis.
- Providemus enim bona non solum coram Deo, sed etiam coram hominibus.
- Misimus autem cum illis et fratrem nostrum, quem probavimus in multis sæpe sollicitum esse : nunc autem multo sollicitiorem, confidentia multa in vos,
- sive pro Tito, qui est socius meus, et in vos adjutor, sive fratres nostri, Apostoli ecclesiarum, gloria Christi.
- Ostensionem ergo, quæ est caritatis vestræ, et nostræ gloriæ pro vobis, in illos ostendite in faciem ecclesiarum.
| 2 Corinthians 8 Text (KJV)
- Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia;
- How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.
- For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves;
- Praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints.
- And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God.
- Insomuch that we desired Titus, that as he had begun, so he would also finish in you the same grace also.
- Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also.
- I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love.
- For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
- And herein I give my advice: for this is expedient for you, who have begun before, not only to do, but also to be forward a year ago.
- Now therefore perform the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to will, so there may be a performance also out of that which ye have.
- For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.
- For I mean not that other men be eased, and ye burdened:
- But by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want, that their abundance also may be a supply for your want: that there may be equality:
- As it is written, He that had gathered much had nothing over; and he that had gathered little had no lack.
- But thanks be to God, which put the same earnest care into the heart of Titus for you.
- For indeed he accepted the exhortation; but being more forward, of his own accord he went unto you.
- And we have sent with him the brother, whose praise is in the gospel throughout all the churches;
- And not that only, but who was also chosen of the churches to travel with us with this grace, which is administered by us to the glory of the same Lord, and declaration of your ready mind:
- Avoiding this, that no man should blame us in this abundance which is administered by us:
- Providing for honest things, not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of men.
- And we have sent with them our brother, whom we have oftentimes proved diligent in many things, but now much more diligent, upon the great confidence which I have in you.
- Whether any do inquire of Titus, he is my partner and fellowhelper concerning you: or our brethren be inquired of, they are the messengers of the churches, and the glory of Christ.
- Wherefore shew ye to them, and before the churches, the proof of your love, and of our boasting on your behalf.