| 2 Chronicles 5 - Versions
| 2 Chronicles 5 Text (WEB)
- Thus all the work that Solomon did for the house of Yahweh was finished. Solomon brought in the things that David his father had dedicated, even the silver, and the gold, and all the vessels, and put them in the treasuries of the house of God.
- Then Solomon assembled the elders of Israel, and all the heads of the tribes, the princes of the fathers' [houses] of the children of Israel, to Jerusalem, to bring up the ark of the covenant of Yahweh out of the city of David, which is Zion.
- And all the men of Israel assembled themselves to the king at the feast, which was [in] the seventh month.
- All the elders of Israel came: and the Levites took up the ark;
- and they brought up the ark, and the Tent of Meeting, and all the holy vessels that were in the Tent; these did the priests the Levites bring up.
- King Solomon and all the congregation of Israel, that were assembled to him, were before the ark, sacrificing sheep and cattle, that could not be counted nor numbered for multitude.
- The priests brought in the ark of the covenant of Yahweh to its place, into the oracle of the house, to the most holy place, even under the wings of the cherubim.
- For the cherubim spread forth their wings over the place of the ark, and the cherubim covered the ark and its poles above.
- The poles were so long that the ends of the poles were seen from the ark before the oracle; but they were not seen outside: and there it is to this day.
- There was nothing in the ark except the two tables which Moses put [there] at Horeb, when Yahweh made a covenant with the children of Israel, when they came out of Egypt.
- It happened, when the priests were come out of the holy place, (for all the priests who were present had sanctified themselves, and did not keep their divisions;
- also the Levites who were the singers, all of them, even Asaph, Heman, Jeduthun, and their sons and their brothers, arrayed in fine linen, with cymbals and stringed instruments and harps, stood at the east end of the altar, and with them one hundred twenty priests sounding with trumpets;)
- it happened, when the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking Yahweh; and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of music, and praised Yahweh, [saying], "For he is good; for his loving kindness endures forever!" that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of Yahweh,
- so that the priests could not stand to minister by reason of the cloud: for the glory of Yahweh filled the house of God.
| 2 Chronicles 5 Text (Hebrew)
- ותשלם כל־המלאכה אשר־עשה שלמה לבית יהוה ס ויבא שלמה את־קדשי דויד אביו ואת־הכסף ואת־הזהב ואת־כל־הכלים נתן באצרות בית האלהים׃ ף
- אז יקהיל שלמה את־זקני ישראל ואת־כל־ראשי המטות נשיאי האבות לבני ישראל אל־ירושלם להעלות את־ארון ברית־יהוה מעיר דויד היא ציון׃
- ויקהלו אל־המלך כל־איש ישראל בחג הוא החדש השבעי׃
- ויבאו כל זקני ישראל וישאו הלוים את־הארון׃
- ויעלו את־הארון ואת־אהל מועד ואת־כל־כלי הקדש אשר באהל העלו אתם הכהנים הלוים׃
- והמלך שלמה וכל־עדת ישראל הנועדים עליו לפני הארון מזבחים צאן ובקר אשר לא־יספרו ולא ימנו מרב׃
- ויביאו הכהנים את־ארון ברית־יהוה אל־מקומו אל־דביר הבית אל־קדש הקדשים אל־תחת כנפי הכרובים׃
- ויהיו הכרובים פרשים כנפים על־מקום הארון ויכסו הכרובים על־הארון ועל־בדיו מלמעלה׃
- ויאריכו הבדים ויראו ראשי הבדים מן־הארון על־פני הדביר ולא יראו החוצה ויהי־שם עד היום הזה׃
- אין בארון רק שני הלחות אשר־נתן משה בחרב אשר כרת יהוה עם־בני ישראל בצאתם ממצרים׃ ף
- ויהי בצאת הכהנים מן־הקדש כי כל־הכהנים הנמצאים התקדשו אין לשמור למחלקות׃
- והלוים המשררים לכלם לאסף להימן לידתון ולבניהם ולאחיהם מלבשים בוץ במצלתים ובנבלים וכנרות עמדים מזרח למזבח ועמהם כהנים למאה ועשרים בחצצרות׃
- ויהי כאחד ולמשררים להשמיע קול־אחד להלל ולהדות ליהוה וכהרים קול בחצצרות ובמצלתים ובכלי השיר ובהלל ליהוה כי טוב כי לעולם חסדו והבית מלא עןן בית יהוה׃
- ולא־יכלו הכהנים לעמוד לשרת מפני העןן כי־מלא כבוד־יהוה את־בית האלהים׃ ף
| 2 Chronicles 5 Text (Latin)
- Intulit igitur Salomon omnia, quæ voverat David pater suus : argentum, et aurum, et universa vasa posuit in thesauris domus Dei.
- Post quæ congregavit majores natu Israël, et cunctos principes tribuum, et capita familiarum de filiis Israël in Jerusalem, ut adducerent arcam fœderis Domini de civitate David, quæ est Sion.
- Venerunt itaque ad regem omnes viri Israël in die solemni mensis septimi.
- Cumque venissent cuncti seniorum Israël, portaverunt Levitæ arcam,
- et intulerunt eam, et omnem paraturam tabernaculi. Porro vasa sanctuarii, quæ erant in tabernaculo, portaverunt sacerdotes cum Levitis.
- Rex autem Salomon, et universus cœtus Israël, et omnes, qui fuerunt congregati ante arcam, immolabant arietes, et boves absque ullo numero : tanta enim erat multitudo victimarum.
- Et intulerunt sacerdotes arcam fœderis Domini in locum suum, id est, ad oraculum templi, in Sancta sanctorum subter alas cherubim :
- ita ut cherubim expanderent alas suas super locum, in quo posita erat arca, et ipsam arcam tegerent cum vectibus suis.
- Vectium autem, quibus portabatur arca, quia paululum longiores erant, capita parebant ante oraculum : si vero quis paululum fuisset extrinsecus, eos videre non poterat. Fuit itaque arca ibi usque in præsentem diem.
- Nihilque erat aliud in arca, nisi duæ tabulæ, quas posuerat Moyses in Horeb, quando legem dedit Dominus filiis Israël egredientibus ex Ægypto.
- Egressis autem sacerdotibus de sanctuario (omnes enim sacerdotes qui ibi potuerant inveniri, sanctificati sunt : nec adhuc in illo tempore vices, et ministeriorum ordo inter eos divisus erat),
- tam Levitæ quam cantores, id est, et qui sub Asaph erant, et qui sub Eman, et qui sub Idithun, filii, et fratres eorum vestiti byssinis, cymbalis, et psalteriis, et citharis concrepabant, stantes ad orientalem plagam altaris, et cum eis sacerdotes centum viginti canentes tubis.
- Igitur cunctis pariter, et tubis, et voce, et cymbalis, et organis, et diversi generis musicorum concinentibus, et vocem in sublime tollentibus, longe sonitus audiebatur, ita ut cum Dominum laudare cœpissent et dicere : Confitemini Domino quoniam bonus, quoniam in æternum misericordia ejus : impleretur domus Dei nube,
- nec possent sacerdotes stare et ministrare propter caliginem. Compleverat enim gloria Domini domum Dei.
| 2 Chronicles 5 Text (KJV)
- Thus all the work that Solomon made for the house of the LORD was finished: and Solomon brought in all the things that David his father had dedicated; and the silver, and the gold, and all the instruments, put he among the treasures of the house of God.
- Then Solomon assembled the elders of Israel, and all the heads of the tribes, the chief of the fathers of the children of Israel, unto Jerusalem, to bring up the ark of the covenant of the LORD out of the city of David, which is Zion.
- Wherefore all the men of Israel assembled themselves unto the king in the feast which was in the seventh month.
- And all the elders of Israel came; and the Levites took up the ark.
- And they brought up the ark, and the tabernacle of the congregation, and all the holy vessels that were in the tabernacle, these did the priests and the Levites bring up.
- Also king Solomon, and all the congregation of Israel that were assembled unto him before the ark, sacrificed sheep and oxen, which could not be told nor numbered for multitude.
- And the priests brought in the ark of the covenant of the LORD unto his place, to the oracle of the house, into the most holy place, even under the wings of the cherubims:
- For the cherubims spread forth their wings over the place of the ark, and the cherubims covered the ark and the staves thereof above.
- And they drew out the staves of the ark, that the ends of the staves were seen from the ark before the oracle; but they were not seen without. And there it is unto this day.
- There was nothing in the ark save the two tables which Moses put therein at Horeb, when the LORD made a covenant with the children of Israel, when they came out of Egypt.
- And it came to pass, when the priests were come out of the holy place: (for all the priests that were present were sanctified, and did not then wait by course:
- Also the Levites which were the singers, all of them of Asaph, of Heman, of Jeduthun, with their sons and their brethren, being arrayed in white linen, having cymbals and psalteries and harps, stood at the east end of the altar, and with them an hundred and twenty priests sounding with trumpets:)
- It came even to pass, as the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the LORD; and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of musick, and praised the LORD, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the LORD;
- So that the priests could not stand to minister by reason of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of God.