| 2 Chronicles 35 - Versions
| 2 Chronicles 35 Text (WEB)
- Josiah kept a Passover to Yahweh in Jerusalem: and they killed the Passover on the fourteenth [day] of the first month.
- He set the priests in their offices, and encouraged them to the service of the house of Yahweh.
- He said to the Levites who taught all Israel, who were holy to Yahweh, "Put the holy ark in the house which Solomon the son of David king of Israel built. There shall no more be a burden on your shoulders. Now serve Yahweh your God, and his people Israel.
- Prepare yourselves after your fathers' houses by your divisions, according to the writing of David king of Israel, and according to the writing of Solomon his son.
- Stand in the holy place according to the divisions of the fathers' houses of your brothers the children of the people, and [let there be for each] a portion of a fathers' house of the Levites.
- Kill the Passover, and sanctify yourselves, and prepare for your brothers, to do according to the word of Yahweh by Moses."
- Josiah gave to the children of the people, of the flock, lambs and young goats, all of them for the Passover offerings, to all who were present, to the number of thirty thousand, and three thousand bulls: these were of the king's substance.
- His princes gave for a freewill offering to the people, to the priests, and to the Levites. Hilkiah and Zechariah and Jehiel, the rulers of the house of God, gave to the priests for the Passover offerings two thousand and six hundred [small livestock], and three hundred head of cattle.
- Conaniah also, and Shemaiah and Nethanel, his brothers, and Hashabiah and Jeiel and Jozabad, the chiefs of the Levites, gave to the Levites for the Passover offerings five thousand [small livestock], and five hundred head of cattle.
- So the service was prepared, and the priests stood in their place, and the Levites by their divisions, according to the king's commandment.
- They killed the Passover, and the priests sprinkled [the blood which they received] of their hand, and the Levites flayed them.
- They removed the burnt offerings, that they might give them according to the divisions of the fathers' houses of the children of the people, to offer to Yahweh, as it is written in the book of Moses. So did they with the cattle.
- They roasted the Passover with fire according to the ordinance: and the holy offerings boiled they in pots, and in caldrons, and in pans, and carried them quickly to all the children of the people.
- Afterward they prepared for themselves, and for the priests, because the priests the sons of Aaron [were busied] in offering the burnt offerings and the fat until night: therefore the Levites prepared for themselves, and for the priests the sons of Aaron.
- The singers the sons of Asaph were in their place, according to the commandment of David, and Asaph, and Heman, and Jeduthun the king's seer; and the porters were at every gate: they didn't need to depart from their service; for their brothers the Levites prepared for them.
- So all the service of Yahweh was prepared the same day, to keep the Passover, and to offer burnt offerings on the altar of Yahweh, according to the commandment of king Josiah.
- The children of Israel who were present kept the Passover at that time, and the feast of unleavened bread seven days.
- There was no Passover like that kept in Israel from the days of Samuel the prophet; neither did any of the kings of Israel keep such a Passover as Josiah kept, and the priests, and the Levites, and all Judah and Israel who were present, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
- In the eighteenth year of the reign of Josiah was this Passover kept.
- After all this, when Josiah had prepared the temple, Neco king of Egypt went up to fight against Carchemish by the Euphrates: and Josiah went out against him.
- But he sent ambassadors to him, saying, "What have I to do with you, you king of Judah? I come not against you this day, but against the house with which I have war. God has commanded me to make haste. Beware that it is God who is with me, that he not destroy you."
- Nevertheless Josiah would not turn his face from him, but disguised himself, that he might fight with him, and didn't listen to the words of Neco from the mouth of God, and came to fight in the valley of Megiddo.
- The archers shot at king Josiah; and the king said to his servants, "Take me away, because I am seriously wounded!"
- So his servants took him out of the chariot, and put him in the second chariot that he had, and brought him to Jerusalem; and he died, and was buried in the tombs of his fathers. All Judah and Jerusalem mourned for Josiah.
- Jeremiah lamented for Josiah: and all the singing men and singing women spoke of Josiah in their lamentations to this day; and they made them an ordinance in Israel: and behold, they are written in the lamentations.
- Now the rest of the acts of Josiah, and his good deeds, according to that which is written in the law of Yahweh,
- and his acts, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of the kings of Israel and Judah.
| 2 Chronicles 35 Text (Hebrew)
- ויעש יאשיהו בירושלם פסח ליהוה וישחטו הפסח בארבעה עשר לחדש הראשון׃
- ויעמד הכהנים על־משמרותם ויחזקם לעבודת בית יהוה׃
- ויאמר ללוים לכל־ישראל הקדושים ליהוה תנו את־ארון־הקדש בבית אשר בנה שלמה בן־דויד מלך ישראל אין־לכם משא בכתף עתה עבדו את־יהוה אלהיכם ואת עמו ישראל׃
- לבית־אבותיכם כמחלקותיכם בכתב דויד מלך ישראל ובמכתב שלמה בנו׃
- ועמדו בקדש לפלגות בית האבות לאחיכם בני העם וחלקת בית־אב ללוים׃
- ושחטו הפסח והתקדשו והכינו לאחיכם לעשות כדבר־יהוה ביד־משה׃ ף
- וירם יאשיהו לבני העם צאן כבשים ובני־עזים הכל לפסחים לכל־הנמצא למספר שלשים אלף ובקר שלשת אלפים אלה מרכוש המלך׃ ס
- ושריו לנדבה לעם לכהנים וללוים הרימו חלקיה וזכריהו ויחיאל נגידי בית האלהים לכהנים נתנו לפסחים אלפים ושש מאות ובקר שלש מאות׃
- ושמעיהו ונתנאל אחיו וחשביהו ויעיאל ויוזבד שרי הלוים הרימו ללוים לפסחים חמשת אלפים ובקר חמש מאות׃
- ותכון העבודה ויעמדו הכהנים על־עמדם והלוים על־מחלקותם כמצות המלך׃
- וישחטו הפסח ויזרקו הכהנים מידם והלוים מפשיטים׃
- ויסירו העלה לתתם למפלגות לבית־אבות לבני העם להקריב ליהוה ככתוב בספר משה וכן לבקר׃
- ויבשלו הפסח באש כמשפט והקדשים בשלו בסירות ובדודים ובצלחות ויריצו לכל־בני העם׃
- ואחר הכינו להם ולכהנים כי הכהנים בני אהרן בהעלות העולה והחלבים עד־לילה והלוים הכינו להם ולכהנים בני אהרן׃
- והמשררים בני־אסף על־מעמדם כמצות דויד ואסף והימן וידתון חוזה המלך והשערים לשער ושער אין להם לסור מעל עבדתם כי־אחיהם הלוים הכינו להם׃
- ותכון כל־עבודת יהוה ביום ההוא לעשות הפסח והעלות עלות על מזבח יהוה כמצות המלך יאשיהו׃
- ויעשו בני־ישראל הנמצאים את־הפסח בעת ההיא ואת־חג המצות שבעת ימים׃
- ולא־נעשה פסח כמהו בישראל מימי שמואל הנביא וכל־מלכי ישראל לא־עשו כפסח אשר־עשה יאשיהו והכהנים והלוים וכל־יהודה וישראל הנמצא ויושבי ירושלם׃ ס
- בשמונה עשרה שנה למלכות יאשיהו נעשה הפסח הזה׃
- אחרי כל־זאת אשר הכין יאשיהו את־הבית עלה נכו מלך־מצרים להלחם בכרכמיש על־פרת ויצא לקראתו יאשיהו׃
- וישלח אליו מלאכים לאמר מה־לי ולך מלך יהודה לא־עליך אתה היום כי אל־בית מלחמתי ואלהים אמר לבהלני חדל־לך מאלהים אשר־עמי ואל־ישחיתך׃
- ולא־הסב יאשיהו פניו ממנו כי להלחם־בו התחפש ולא שמע אל־דברי נכו מפי אלהים ויבא להלחם בבקעת מגדו׃
- וירו הירים למלך יאשיהו ויאמר המלך לעבדיו העבירוני כי החליתי מאד׃
- ויעבירהו עבדיו מן־המרכבה וירכיבהו על רכב המשנה אשר־לו ויוליכהו ירושלם וימת ויקבר בקברות אבתיו וכל־יהודה וירושלם מתאבלים על־יאשיהו׃ ף
- ויקוןן ירמיהו על־יאשיהו ויאמרו כל־השרים והשרות בקינותיהם על־יאשיהו עד־היום ויתנום לחק על־ישראל והנם כתובים על־הקינות׃
- ויתר דברי יאשיהו וחסדיו ככתוב בתורת יהוה׃
- ודבריו הראשנים והאחרנים הנם כתובים על־ספר מלכי־ישראל ויהודה׃
| 2 Chronicles 35 Text (Latin)
- Fecit autem Josias in Jerusalem Phase Domino, quod immolatum est quartadecima die mensis primi :
- et constituit sacerdotes in officiis suis, hortatusque est eos ut ministrarent in domo Domini :
- Levitis quoque, ad quorum eruditionem omnis Israël sanctificabatur Domino, locutus est : Ponite arcam in sanctuario templi, quod ædificavit Salomon filius David rex Israël, nequaquam enim eam ultra portabitis : nunc autem ministrate Domino Deo vestro, et populo ejus Israël.
- Et præparate vos per domos, et cognationes vestras in divisionibus singulorum, sicut præcepit David, rex Israël, et descripsit Salomon, filius ejus.
- Et ministrate in sanctuario per familias turmasque Leviticas,
- et sanctificati immolate Phase : fratres etiam vestros, ut possint juxta verba quæ locutus est Dominus in manu Moysi facere, præparate.
- Dedit præterea Josias omni populo, qui ibi fuerat inventus in solemnitate Phase, agnos et hædos de gregibus, et reliqui pecoris triginta millia, boum quoque tria millia : hæc de regis universa substantia.
- Duces quoque ejus sponte quod voverant, obtulerunt, tam populo, quam sacerdotibus et Levitis. Porro Helcias, et Zacharias, et Jahiel principes domus Domini dederunt sacerdotibus ad faciendum Phase pecora commixtim duo millia sexcenta, et boves trecentos.
- Chonenias autem, et Semeias, etiam Nathanaël fratres ejus, necnon Hasabias, et Jehiel, et Jozabad principes Levitarum, dederunt ceteris Levitis ad celebrandum Phase quinque millia pecorum, et boves quingentos.
- Præparatumque est ministerium, et steterunt sacerdotes in officio suo : Levitæ quoque in turmis, juxta regis imperium.
- Et immolatum est Phase : asperseruntque sacerdotes manu sua sanguinem, et Levitæ detraxerunt pelles holocaustorum :
- et separaverunt ea ut darent per domos et familias singulorum, et offerrentur Domino, sicut scriptum est in libro Moysi : de bobus quoque fecerunt similiter.
- Et assaverunt Phase super ignem, juxta quod in lege scriptum est : pacificas vero hostias coxerunt in lebetibus, et cacabis, et ollis, et festinato distribuerunt universæ plebi :
- sibi autem et sacerdotibus postea paraverunt : nam in oblatione holocaustorum et adipum usque ad noctem sacerdotes fuerunt occupati : unde Levitæ sibi et sacerdotibus filiis Aaron paraverunt novissimis.
- Porro cantores filii Asaph stabant in ordine suo, juxta præceptum David, et Asaph, et Heman, et Idithun prophetarum regis : janitores vero per portas singulas observabant, ita ut nec puncto quidem discederent a ministerio : quam ob rem et fratres eorum Levitæ paraverunt eis cibos.
- Omnis igitur cultura Domini rite completa est in die illa ut facerent Phase, et offerrent holocausta super altare Domini, juxta præceptum regis Josiæ.
- Feceruntque filii Israël, qui reperti fuerant ibi, Phase in tempore illo, et solemnitatem azymorum septem diebus.
- Non fuit Phase simile huic in Israël a diebus Samuelis prophetæ : sed nec quisquam de cunctis regibus Israël fecit Phase sicut Josias, sacerdotibus, et Levitis, et omni Judæ, et Israël qui repertus fuerat, et habitantibus in Jerusalem.
- Octavodecimo anno regni Josiæ hoc Phase celebratum est.
- Postquam instauraverat Josias templum, ascendit Nechao rex Ægypti ad pugnandum in Charcamis juxta Euphraten : et processit in occursum ejus Josias.
- At ille, missis ad eum nuntiis, ait : Quid mihi et tibi est, rex Juda ? non adversum te hodie venio, sed contra aliam pugno domum, ad quam me Deus festinato ire præcepit : desine adversum Deum facere, qui mecum est, ne interficiat te.
- Noluit Josias reverti, sed præparavit contra eum bellum, nec acquievit sermonibus Nechao ex ore Dei : verum perrexit ut dimicaret in campo Mageddo.
- Ibique vulneratus a sagittariis, dixit pueris suis : Educite me de prælio, quia oppido vulneratus sum.
- Qui transtulerunt eum de curru in alterum currum, qui sequebatur eum more regio, et asportaverunt eum in Jerusalem, mortuusque est, et sepultus in mausoleo patrum suorum : et universus Juda et Jerusalem luxerunt eum.
- Jeremias maxime : cujus omnes cantores atque cantatrices, usque in præsentem diem, lamentationes super Josiam replicant, et quasi lex obtinuit in Israël : Ecce scriptum fertur in lamentationibus.
- Reliqua autem sermonum Josiæ et misericordiarum ejus, quæ lege præcepta sunt Domini,
- opera quoque illius prima et novissima, scripta sunt in libro regum Juda et Israël.
| 2 Chronicles 35 Text (KJV)
- Moreover Josiah kept a passover unto the LORD in Jerusalem: and they killed the passover on the fourteenth day of the first month.
- And he set the priests in their charges, and encouraged them to the service of the house of the LORD,
- And said unto the Levites that taught all Israel, which were holy unto the LORD, Put the holy ark in the house which Solomon the son of David king of Israel did build; it shall not be a burden upon your shoulders: serve now the LORD your God, and his people Israel,
- And prepare yourselves by the houses of your fathers, after your courses, according to the writing of David king of Israel, and according to the writing of Solomon his son.
- And stand in the holy place according to the divisions of the families of the fathers of your brethren the people, and after the division of the families of the Levites.
- So kill the passover, and sanctify yourselves, and prepare your brethren, that they may do according to the word of the LORD by the hand of Moses.
- And Josiah gave to the people, of the flock, lambs and kids, all for the passover offerings, for all that were present, to the number of thirty thousand, and three thousand bullocks: these were of the king's substance.
- And his princes gave willingly unto the people, to the priests, and to the Levites: Hilkiah and Zechariah and Jehiel, rulers of the house of God, gave unto the priests for the passover offerings two thousand and six hundred small cattle, and three hundred oxen.
- Conaniah also, and Shemaiah and Nethaneel, his brethren, and Hashabiah and Jeiel and Jozabad, chief of the Levites, gave unto the Levites for passover offerings five thousand small cattle, and five hundred oxen.
- So the service was prepared, and the priests stood in their place, and the Levites in their courses, according to the king's commandment.
- And they killed the passover, and the priests sprinkled the blood from their hands, and the Levites flayed them.
- And they removed the burnt offerings, that they might give according to the divisions of the families of the people, to offer unto the LORD, as it is written in the book of Moses. And so did they with the oxen.
- And they roasted the passover with fire according to the ordinance: but the other holy offerings sod they in pots, and in caldrons, and in pans, and divided them speedily among all the people.
- And afterward they made ready for themselves, and for the priests: because the priests the sons of Aaron were busied in offering of burnt offerings and the fat until night; therefore the Levites prepared for themselves, and for the priests the sons of Aaron.
- And the singers the sons of Asaph were in their place, according to the commandment of David, and Asaph, and Heman, and Jeduthun the king's seer; and the porters waited at every gate; they might not depart from their service; for their brethren the Levites prepared for them.
- So all the service of the LORD was prepared the same day, to keep the passover, and to offer burnt offerings upon the altar of the LORD, according to the commandment of king Josiah.
- And the children of Israel that were present kept the passover at that time, and the feast of unleavened bread seven days.
- And there was no passover like to that kept in Israel from the days of Samuel the prophet; neither did all the kings of Israel keep such a passover as Josiah kept, and the priests, and the Levites, and all Judah and Israel that were present, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
- In the eighteenth year of the reign of Josiah was this passover kept.
- After all this, when Josiah had prepared the temple, Necho king of Egypt came up to fight against Carchemish by Euphrates: and Josiah went out against him.
- But he sent ambassadors to him, saying, What have I to do with thee, thou king of Judah? I come not against thee this day, but against the house wherewith I have war: for God commanded me to make haste: forbear thee from meddling with God, who is with me, that he destroy thee not.
- Nevertheless Josiah would not turn his face from him, but disguised himself, that he might fight with him, and hearkened not unto the words of Necho from the mouth of God, and came to fight in the valley of Megiddo.
- And the archers shot at king Josiah; and the king said to his servants, Have me away; for I am sore wounded.
- His servants therefore took him out of that chariot, and put him in the second chariot that he had; and they brought him to Jerusalem, and he died, and was buried in one of the sepulchres of his fathers. And all Judah and Jerusalem mourned for Josiah.
- And Jeremiah lamented for Josiah: and all the singing men and the singing women spake of Josiah in their lamentations to this day, and made them an ordinance in Israel: and, behold, they are written in the lamentations.
- Now the rest of the acts of Josiah, and his goodness, according to that which was written in the law of the LORD,
- And his deeds, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of the kings of Israel and Judah.