| 2 Chronicles 17 - Versions
| 2 Chronicles 17 Text (WEB)
- Jehoshaphat his son reigned in his place, and strengthened himself against Israel.
- He placed forces in all the fortified cities of Judah, and set garrisons in the land of Judah, and in the cities of Ephraim, which Asa his father had taken.
- Yahweh was with Jehoshaphat, because he walked in the first ways of his father David, and didn't seek the Baals,
- but sought to the God of his father, and walked in his commandments, and not after the doings of Israel.
- Therefore Yahweh established the kingdom in his hand; and all Judah brought to Jehoshaphat tribute; and he had riches and honor in abundance.
- His heart was lifted up in the ways of Yahweh: and furthermore he took away the high places and the Asherim out of Judah.
- Also in the third year of his reign he sent his princes, even Ben Hail, and Obadiah, and Zechariah, and Nethanel, and Micaiah, to teach in the cities of Judah;
- and with them the Levites, even Shemaiah, and Nethaniah, and Zebadiah, and Asahel, and Shemiramoth, and Jehonathan, and Adonijah, and Tobijah, and Tobadonijah, the Levites; and with them Elishama and Jehoram, the priests.
- They taught in Judah, having the book of the law of Yahweh with them; and they went about throughout all the cities of Judah, and taught among the people.
- The fear of Yahweh fell on all the kingdoms of the lands that were around Judah, so that they made no war against Jehoshaphat.
- Some of the Philistines brought Jehoshaphat presents, and silver for tribute; the Arabians also brought him flocks, seven thousand and seven hundred rams, and seven thousand and seven hundred male goats.
- Jehoshaphat grew great exceedingly; and he built in Judah castles and cities of store.
- He had many works in the cities of Judah; and men of war, mighty men of valor, in Jerusalem.
- This was the numbering of them according to their fathers' houses: Of Judah, the captains of thousands: Adnah the captain, and with him mighty men of valor three hundred thousand;
- and next to him Jehohanan the captain, and with him two hundred eighty thousand;
- and next to him Amasiah the son of Zichri, who willingly offered himself to Yahweh; and with him two hundred thousand mighty men of valor.
- Of Benjamin: Eliada a mighty man of valor, and with him two hundred thousand armed with bow and shield;
- and next to him Jehozabad and with him one hundred eighty thousand ready prepared for war.
- These were those who waited on the king, besides those whom the king put in the fortified cities throughout all Judah.
| 2 Chronicles 17 Text (Hebrew)
- וימלך יהושפט בנו תחתיו ויתחזק על־ישראל׃
- ויתן־חיל בכל־ערי יהודה הבצרות ויתן נציבים בארץ יהודה ובערי אפרים אשר לכד אסא אביו׃
- ויהי יהוה עם־יהושפט כי הלך בדרכי דויד אביו הראשנים ולא דרש לבעלים׃
- כי לאלהי אביו דרש ובמצותיו הלך ולא כמעשה ישראל׃
- ויכן יהוה את־הממלכה בידו ויתנו כל־יהודה מנחה ליהושפט ויהי־לו עשר־וכבוד לרב׃
- ויגבה לבו בדרכי יהוה ועוד הסיר את־הבמות ואת־האשרים מיהודה׃ ף
- ובשנת שלוש למלכו שלח לשריו לבן־חיל ולעבדיה ולזכריה ולנתנאל ולמיכיהו ללמד בערי יהודה׃
- ועמהם הלוים שמעיהו ונתניהו וזבדיהו ועשהאל ויהונתן ואדניהו וטוביהו וטוב אדוניה הלוים ועמהם אלישמע ויהורם הכהנים׃
- וילמדו ביהודה ועמהם ספר תורת יהוה ויסבו בכל־ערי יהודה וילמדו בעם׃
- ויהי פחד יהוה על כל־ממלכות הארצות אשר סביבות יהודה ולא נלחמו עם־יהושפט׃
- ומן־פלשתים מביאים ליהושפט מנחה וכסף משא גם הערביאים מביאים לו צאן אילים שבעת אלפים ושבע מאות ותישים שבעת אלפים ושבע מאות׃ ף
- ויהי יהושפט הלך וגדל עד־למעלה ויבן ביהודה בירניות וערי מסכנות׃
- ומלאכה רבה היה לו בערי יהודה ואנשי מלחמה גבורי חיל בירושלם׃
- ואלה פקדתם לבית אבותיהם ליהודה שרי אלפים עדנה השר ועמו גבורי חיל שלש מאות אלף׃ ס
- ועל־ידו יהוחןן השר ועמו מאתים ושמונים אלף׃ ס
- ועל־ידו עמסיה בן־זכרי המתנדב ליהוה ועמו מאתים אלף גבור חיל׃ ס
- ומן־בנימן גבור חיל אלידע ועמו נשקי־קשת ומגן מאתים אלף׃ ס
- ועל־ידו יהוזבד ועמו מאה־ושמונים אלף חלוצי צבא׃ ס
- אלה המשרתים את־המלך מלבד אשר־נתן המלך בערי המבצר בכל־יהודה׃ ף
| 2 Chronicles 17 Text (Latin)
- Regnavit autem Josaphat filius ejus pro eo, et invaluit contra Israël.
- Constituitque militum numeros in cunctis urbibus Juda, quæ erant vallatæ muris. Præsidiaque disposuit in terra Juda, et in civitatibus Ephraim, quas ceperat Asa pater ejus.
- Et fuit Dominus cum Josaphat, quia ambulavit in viis David patris sui primis : et non speravit in Baalim,
- sed in Deo patris sui : et perrexit in præceptis illius et non juxta peccata Israël.
- Confirmavitque Dominus regnum in manu ejus, et dedit omnis Juda munera Josaphat : factæque sunt ei infinitæ divitiæ, et multa gloria.
- Cumque sumpsisset cor ejus audaciam propter vias Domini, etiam excelsa et lucos de Juda abstulit.
- Tertio autem anno regni sui misit de principibus suis Benhail, et Obdiam, et Zachariam, et Nathanaël, et Michæam ut docerent in civitatibus Juda :
- et cum eis Levitas Semeiam, et Nathaniam, et Zabadiam, Asaël quoque, et Semiramoth, et Jonathan, Adoniamque et Thobiam, et Thobadoniam Levitas, et cum eis Elisama, et Joran sacerdotes :
- docebantque populum in Juda, habentes librum legis Domini, et circuibant cunctas urbes Juda, atque erudiebant populum.
- Itaque factus est pavor Domini super omnia regna terrarum, quæ erant per gyrum Juda, nec audebant bellare contra Josaphat.
- Sed et Philisthæi Josaphat munera deferebant, et vectigal argenti : Arabes quoque adducebant pecora, arietum septem millia septingenta, et hircorum totidem.
- Crevit ergo Josaphat, et magnificatus est usque in sublime : atque ædificavit in Juda domos ad instar turrium, urbesque muratas.
- Et multa opera paravit in urbibus Juda : viri quoque bellatores, et robusti erant in Jerusalem,
- quorum iste numerus per domos atque familias singulorum : in Juda principes exercitus, Ednas dux, et cum eo robustissimi viri trecenta millia.
- Post hunc Johanan princeps, et cum eo ducenta octoginta millia.
- Post istum quoque Amasias filius Zechri, consecratus Domino, et cum eo ducenta millia virorum fortium.
- Hunc sequebatur robustus ad prælia Eliada, et cum eo tenentium arcum et clypeum ducenta millia.
- Post istum etiam Jozabad, et cum eo centum octoginta millia expeditorum militum.
- Hi omnes erant ad manum regis, exceptis aliis, quos posuerat in urbibus muratis, in universo Juda.
| 2 Chronicles 17 Text (KJV)
- And Jehoshaphat his son reigned in his stead, and strengthened himself against Israel.
- And he placed forces in all the fenced cities of Judah, and set garrisons in the land of Judah, and in the cities of Ephraim, which Asa his father had taken.
- And the LORD was with Jehoshaphat, because he walked in the first ways of his father David, and sought not unto Baalim;
- But sought to the LORD God of his father, and walked in his commandments, and not after the doings of Israel.
- Therefore the LORD stablished the kingdom in his hand; and all Judah brought to Jehoshaphat presents; and he had riches and honour in abundance.
- And his heart was lifted up in the ways of the LORD: moreover he took away the high places and groves out of Judah.
- Also in the third year of his reign he sent to his princes, even to Ben-hail, and to Obadiah, and to Zechariah, and to Nethaneel, and to Michaiah, to teach in the cities of Judah.
- And with them he sent Levites, even Shemaiah, and Nethaniah, and Zebadiah, and Asahel, and Shemiramoth, and Jehonathan, and Adonijah, and Tobijah, and Tob-adonijah, Levites; and with them Elishama and Jehoram, priests.
- And they taught in Judah, and had the book of the law of the LORD with them, and went about throughout all the cities of Judah, and taught the people.
- And the fear of the LORD fell upon all the kingdoms of the lands that were round about Judah, so that they made no war against Jehoshaphat.
- Also some of the Philistines brought Jehoshaphat presents, and tribute silver; and the Arabians brought him flocks, seven thousand and seven hundred rams, and seven thousand and seven hundred he goats.
- And Jehoshaphat waxed great exceedingly; and he built in Judah castles, and cities of store.
- And he had much business in the cities of Judah: and the men of war, mighty men of valour, were in Jerusalem.
- And these are the numbers of them according to the house of their fathers: Of Judah, the captains of thousands; Adnah the chief, and with him mighty men of valour three hundred thousand.
- And next to him was Jehohanan the captain, and with him two hundred and fourscore thousand.
- And next him was Amasiah the son of Zichri, who willingly offered himself unto the LORD; and with him two hundred thousand mighty men of valour.
- And of Benjamin; Eliada a mighty man of valour, and with him armed men with bow and shield two hundred thousand.
- And next him was Jehozabad, and with him an hundred and fourscore thousand ready prepared for the war.
- These waited on the king, beside those whom the king put in the fenced cities throughout all Judah.