|2 Chronicles 16 - Versions
|2 Chronicles 16 Text (WEB)
- In the six and thirtieth year of the reign of Asa, Baasha king of Israel went up against Judah, and built Ramah, that he might not allow anyone to go out or come in to Asa king of Judah.
- Then Asa brought out silver and gold out of the treasures of the house of Yahweh and of the king's house, and sent to Ben Hadad king of Syria, who lived at Damascus, saying,
- "Let there be a treaty between me and you, as there was between my father and your father. Behold, I have sent you silver and gold. Go, break your treaty with Baasha king of Israel, that he may depart from me."
- Ben Hadad listened to king Asa, and sent the captains of his armies against the cities of Israel; and they struck Ijon, and Dan, and Abel Maim, and all the storage cities of Naphtali.
- It happened, when Baasha heard of it, that he left off building Ramah, and let his work cease.
- Then Asa the king took all Judah; and they carried away the stones of Ramah, and its timber, with which Baasha had built; and he built therewith Geba and Mizpah.
- At that time Hanani the seer came to Asa king of Judah, and said to him, "Because you have relied on the king of Syria, and have not relied on Yahweh your God, therefore is the army of the king of Syria escaped out of your hand.
- Weren't the Ethiopians and the Lubim a huge army, with chariots and horsemen exceeding many? Yet, because you relied on Yahweh, he delivered them into your hand.
- For the eyes of Yahweh run back and forth throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein you have done foolishly; for from henceforth you shall have wars."
- Then Asa was angry with the seer, and put him in the prison; for he was in a rage with him because of this thing. Asa oppressed some of the people at the same time.
- Behold, the acts of Asa, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of the kings of Judah and Israel.
- In the thirty-ninth year of his reign Asa was diseased in his feet; his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he didn't seek Yahweh, but to the physicians.
- Asa slept with his fathers, and died in the one and fortieth year of his reign.
- They buried him in his own tombs, which he had dug out for himself in the city of David, and laid him in the bed which was filled with sweet odors and various kinds [of spices] prepared by the perfumers' art: and they made a very great burning for him.
|2 Chronicles 16 Text (Hebrew)
- בשנת שלשים ושש למלכות אסא עלה בעשא מלך־ישראל על־יהודה ויבן את־הרמה לבלתי תת יוצא ובא לאסא מלך יהודה׃
- ויצא אסא כסף וזהב מאצרות בית יהוה ובית המלך וישלח אל־בן־הדד מלך ארם היושב בדרמשק לאמר׃
- ברית ביני ובינך ובין אבי ובין אביך הנה שלחתי לך כסף וזהב לך הפר בריתך את־בעשא מלך ישראל ויעלה מעלי׃
- וישמע בן־הדד אל־המלך אסא וישלח את־שרי החילים אשר־לו אל־ערי ישראל ויכו את־עיון ואת־דן ואת אבל מים ואת כל־מסכנות ערי נפתלי׃
- ויהי כשמע בעשא ויחדל מבנות את־הרמה וישבת את־מלאכתו׃ ס
- ואסא המלך לקח את־כל־יהודה וישאו את־אבני הרמה ואת־עציה אשר בנה בעשא ויבן בהם את־גבע ואת־המצפה׃ ס
- ובעת ההיא בא חנני הראה אל־אסא מלך יהודה ויאמר אליו בהשענך על־מלך ארם ולא נשענת על־יהוה אלהיך על־כן נמלט חיל מלך־ארם מידך׃
- הלא הכושים והלובים היו לחיל לרב לרכב ולפרשים להרבה מאד ובהשענך על־יהוה נתנם בידך׃
- כי יהוה עיניו משטטות בכל־הארץ להתחזק עם־לבבם שלם אליו נסכלת על־זאת כי מעתה יש עמך מלחמות׃
- ויכעס אסא אל־הראה ויתנהו בית המהפכת כי־בזעף עמו על־זאת וירץץ אסא מן־העם בעת ההיא׃
- והנה דברי אסא הראשונים והאחרונים הנם כתובים על־ספר המלכים ליהודה וישראל׃
- ויחלא אסא בשנת שלושים ותשע למלכותו ברגליו עד־למעלה חליו וגם־בחליו לא־דרש את־יהוה כי ברפאים׃
- וישכב אסא עם־אבתיו וימת בשנת ארבעים ואחת למלכו׃
- ויקברהו בקברתיו אשר כרה־לו בעיר דויד וישכיבהו במשכב אשר מלא בשמים וזנים מרקחים במרקחת מעשה וישרפו־לו שרפה גדולה עד־למאד׃ ף
|2 Chronicles 16 Text (Latin)
- Anno autem trigesimo sexto regni ejus, ascendit Baasa rex Israël in Judam, et muro circumdabat Rama, ut nullus tute posset egredi et ingredi de regno Asa.
- Protulit ergo Asa argentum et aurum de thesauris domus Domini, et de thesauris regis, misitque ad Benadad regem Syriæ, qui habitabat in Damasco, dicens :
- Fœdus inter me et te est, pater quoque meus et pater tuus habuere concordiam : quam ob rem misi tibi argentum et aurum, ut rupto fœdere, quod habes cum Baasa rege Israël, facias eum a me recedere.
- Quo comperto, Benadad misit principes exercituum suorum ad urbes Israël : qui percusserunt Ahion, et Dan, et Abelmaim, et universas urbes Nephthali muratas.
- Quod cum audisset Baasa, desiit ædificare Rama, et intermisit opus suum.
- Porro Asa rex assumpsit universum Judam, et tulerunt lapides de Rama, et ligna quæ ædificationi præparaverat Baasa, ædificavitque ex eis Gabaa, et Maspha.
- In tempore illo venit Hanani propheta ad Asa regem Juda, et dixit ei : Quia habuisti fiduciam in rege Syriæ, et non in Domino Deo tuo, idcirco evasit Syriæ regis exercitus de manu tua.
- Nonne Æthiopes et Libyes multo plures erant quadrigis, et equitibus, et multitudine nimia ? quos, cum Domino credidisses, tradidit in manu tua.
- Oculi enim Domini contemplantur universam terram, et præbent fortitudinem his, qui corde perfecto credunt in eum. Stulte igitur egisti, et propter hoc ex præsenti tempore adversum te bella consurgent.
- Iratusque Asa adversus videntem, jussit eum mitti in nervum : valde quippe super hoc fuerat indignatus : et interfecit de populo in tempore illo plurimos.
- Opera autem Asa prima et novissima scripta sunt in libro regum Juda et Israël.
- Ægrotavit etiam Asa anno trigesimo nono regni sui, dolore pedum vehementissimo, et nec in infirmitate sua quæsivit Dominum, sed magis in medicorum arte confisus est.
- Dormivitque cum patribus suis : et mortuus est anno quadragesimo primo regni sui.
- Et sepelierunt eum in sepulchro suo quod foderat sibi in civitate David : posueruntque eum super lectum suum plenum aromatibus et unguentibus meretriciis, quæ erant pigmentariorum arte confecta, et combusserunt super eum ambitione nimia.
|2 Chronicles 16 Text (KJV)
- In the six and thirtieth year of the reign of Asa Baasha king of Israel came up against Judah, and built Ramah, to the intent that he might let none go out or come in to Asa king of Judah.
- Then Asa brought out silver and gold out of the treasures of the house of the LORD and of the king's house, and sent to Ben-hadad king of Syria, that dwelt at Damascus, saying,
- There is a league between me and thee, as there was between my father and thy father: behold, I have sent thee silver and gold; go, break thy league with Baasha king of Israel, that he may depart from me.
- And Ben-hadad hearkened unto king Asa, and sent the captains of his armies against the cities of Israel; and they smote Ijon, and Dan, and Abel-maim, and all the store cities of Naphtali.
- And it came to pass, when Baasha heard it, that he left off building of Ramah, and let his work cease.
- Then Asa the king took all Judah; and they carried away the stones of Ramah, and the timber thereof, wherewith Baasha was building; and he built therewith Geba and Mizpah.
- And at that time Hanani the seer came to Asa king of Judah, and said unto him, Because thou hast relied on the king of Syria, and not relied on the LORD thy God, therefore is the host of the king of Syria escaped out of thine hand.
- Were not the Ethiopians and the Lubims a huge host, with very many chariots and horsemen? yet, because thou didst rely on the LORD, he delivered them into thine hand.
- For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.
- Then Asa was wroth with the seer, and put him in a prison house; for he was in a rage with him because of this thing. And Asa oppressed some of the people the same time.
- And, behold, the acts of Asa, first and last, lo, they are written in the book of the kings of Judah and Israel.
- And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he sought not to the LORD, but to the physicians.
- And Asa slept with his fathers, and died in the one and fortieth year of his reign.
- And they buried him in his own sepulchres, which he had made for himself in the city of David, and laid him in the bed which was filled with sweet odours and divers kinds of spices prepared by the apothecaries' art: and they made a very great burning for him.