| 2 Chronicles 12 - Versions
| 2 Chronicles 12 Text (WEB)
- It happened, when the kingdom of Rehoboam was established, and he was strong, that he forsook the law of Yahweh, and all Israel with him.
- It happened in the fifth year of king Rehoboam, that Shishak king of Egypt came up against Jerusalem, because they had trespassed against Yahweh,
- with twelve hundred chariots, and sixty thousand horsemen. The people were without number who came with him out of Egypt: the Lubim, the Sukkiim, and the Ethiopians.
- He took the fortified cities which pertained to Judah, and came to Jerusalem.
- Now Shemaiah the prophet came to Rehoboam, and to the princes of Judah, who were gathered together to Jerusalem because of Shishak, and said to them, "Thus says Yahweh, 'You have forsaken me, therefore have I also left you in the hand of Shishak.'"
- Then the princes of Israel and the king humbled themselves; and they said, "Yahweh is righteous."
- When Yahweh saw that they humbled themselves, the word of Yahweh came to Shemaiah, saying, "They have humbled themselves. I will not destroy them; but I will grant them some deliverance, and my wrath shall not be poured out on Jerusalem by the hand of Shishak.
- Nevertheless they shall be his servants, that they may know my service, and the service of the kingdoms of the countries."
- So Shishak king of Egypt came up against Jerusalem, and took away the treasures of the house of Yahweh, and the treasures of the king's house. He took it all away. He also took away the shields of gold which Solomon had made.
- King Rehoboam made in their place shields of brass, and committed them to the hands of the captains of the guard, who kept the door of the king's house.
- It was so, that as often as the king entered into the house of Yahweh, the guard came and bore them, and brought them back into the guard room.
- When he humbled himself, the wrath of Yahweh turned from him, so as not to destroy him altogether: and moreover in Judah there were good things [found].
- So king Rehoboam strengthened himself in Jerusalem, and reigned: for Rehoboam was forty-one years old when he began to reign, and he reigned seventeen years in Jerusalem, the city which Yahweh had chosen out of all the tribes of Israel, to put his name there: and his mother's name was Naamah the Ammonitess.
- He did that which was evil, because he didn't set his heart to seek Yahweh.
- Now the acts of Rehoboam, first and last, aren't they written in the histories of Shemaiah the prophet and of Iddo the seer, after the way of genealogies? There were wars between Rehoboam and Jeroboam continually.
- Rehoboam slept with his fathers, and was buried in the city of David: and Abijah his son reigned in his place.
| 2 Chronicles 12 Text (Hebrew)
- ויהי כהכין מלכות רחבעם וכחזקתו עזב את־תורת יהוה וכל־ישראל עמו׃ ף
- ויהי בשנה החמישית למלך רחבעם עלה שישק מלך־מצרים על־ירושלם כי מעלו ביהוה׃
- באלף ומאתים רכב ובששים אלף פרשים ואין מספר לעם אשר־באו עמו ממצרים לובים סכיים וכושים׃
- וילכד את־ערי המצרות אשר ליהודה ויבא עד־ירושלם׃ ס
- ושמעיה הנביא בא אל־רחבעם ושרי יהודה אשר־נאספו אל־ירושלם מפני שישק ויאמר להם כה־אמר יהוה אתם עזבתם אתי ואף־אני עזבתי אתכם ביד־שישק׃
- ויכנעו שרי־ישראל והמלך ויאמרו צדיק יהוה׃
- ובראות יהוה כי נכנעו היה דבר־יהוה אל־שמעיה לאמר נכנעו לא אשחיתם ונתתי להם כמעט לפליטה ולא־תתך חמתי בירושלם ביד־שישק׃
- כי יהיו־לו לעבדים וידעו עבודתי ועבודת ממלכות הארצות׃ ס
- ויעל שישק מלך־מצרים על־ירושלם ויקח את־אצרות בית־יהוה ואת־אצרות בית המלך את־הכל לקח ויקח את־מגני הזהב אשר עשה שלמה׃
- ויעש המלך רחבעם תחתיהם מגני נחשת והפקיד על־יד שרי הרצים השמרים פתח בית המלך׃
- ויהי מדי־בוא המלך בית יהוה באו הרצים ונשאום והשבום אל־תא הרצים׃
- ובהכנעו שב ממנו אף־יהוה ולא להשחית לכלה וגם ביהודה היה דברים טובים׃ ס
- ויתחזק המלך רחבעם בירושלם וימלך כי בן־ארבעים ואחת שנה רחבעם במלכו ושבע עשרה שנה מלך בירושלם העיר אשר־בחר יהוה לשום את־שמו שם מכל שבטי ישראל ושם אמו נעמה העמנית׃
- ויעש הרע כי לא הכין לבו לדרוש את־יהוה׃ ס
- ודברי רחבעם הראשנים והאחרונים הלא־הם כתובים בדברי שמעיה הנביא ועדו החזה להתיחש ומלחמות רחבעם וירבעם כל־הימים׃
- וישכב רחבעם עם־אבתיו ויקבר בעיר דויד וימלך אביה בנו תחתיו׃ ף
| 2 Chronicles 12 Text (Latin)
- Cumque roboratum fuisset regnum Roboam et confortatum, dereliquit legem Domini, et omnis Israël cum eo.
- Anno autem quinto regni Roboam, ascendit Sesac rex Ægypti in Jerusalem (quia peccaverant Domino)
- cum mille ducentis curribus, et sexaginta millibus equitum : nec erat numerus vulgi quod venerat cum eo ex Ægypto, Libyes scilicet, et Troglodytæ, et Æthiopes.
- Cepitque civitates munitissimas in Juda, et venit usque in Jerusalem.
- Semeias autem propheta ingressus est ad Roboam, et principes Juda, qui congregati fuerant in Jerusalem, fugientes Sesac, dixitque ad eos : Hæc dicit Dominus : Vos reliquistis me, et ego reliqui vos in manu Sesac.
- Consternatique principes Israël et rex dixerunt : Justus est Dominus.
- Cumque vidisset Dominus, quod humiliati essent, factus est sermo Domini ad Semeiam, dicens : Quia humiliati sunt, non disperdam eos, daboque eis pauxillum auxilii, et non stillabit furor meus super Jerusalem per manum Sesac.
- Verumtamen servient ei, ut sciant distantiam servitutis meæ, et servitutis regni terrarum.
- Recessit itaque Sesac rex Ægypti ab Jerusalem, sublatis thesauris domus Domini, et domus regis : omniaque secum tulit, et clypeos aureos, quos fecerat Salomon,
- pro quibus fecit rex æneos, et tradidit illos principibus scutariorum, qui custodiebant vestibulum palatii.
- Cumque introiret rex domum Domini, veniebant scutarii, et tollebant eos, iterumque referebant eos ad armamentarium suum.
- Verumtamen quia humiliati sunt, aversa est ab eis ira Domini, nec deleti sunt penitus : siquidem et in Juda inventa sunt opera bona.
- Confortatus est ergo rex Roboam in Jerusalem, atque regnavit : quadraginta autem et unius anni erat cum regnare cœpisset, et decem et septem annis regnavit in Jerusalem, urbe quam elegit Dominus ut confirmaret nomen suum ibi, de cunctis tribubus Israël : nomen autem matris ejus Naama Ammanitis.
- Fecit autem malum, et non præparavit cor suum ut quæreret Dominum.
- Opera vero Roboam prima et novissima scripta sunt in libris Semeiæ prophetæ, et Addo videntis, et diligenter exposita : pugnaveruntque adversum se Roboam, et Jeroboam cunctis diebus.
- Et dormivit Roboam cum patribus suis, sepultusque est in civitate David. Et regnavit Abia filius ejus pro eo.
| 2 Chronicles 12 Text (KJV)
- And it came to pass, when Rehoboam had established the kingdom, and had strengthened himself, he forsook the law of the LORD, and all Israel with him.
- And it came to pass, that in the fifth year of king Rehoboam Shishak king of Egypt came up against Jerusalem, because they had transgressed against the LORD,
- With twelve hundred chariots, and threescore thousand horsemen: and the people were without number that came with him out of Egypt; the Lubims, the Sukkiims, and the Ethiopians.
- And he took the fenced cities which pertained to Judah, and came to Jerusalem.
- Then came Shemaiah the prophet to Rehoboam, and to the princes of Judah, that were gathered together to Jerusalem because of Shishak, and said unto them, Thus saith the LORD, Ye have forsaken me, and therefore have I also left you in the hand of Shishak.
- Whereupon the princes of Israel and the king humbled themselves; and they said, The LORD is righteous.
- And when the LORD saw that they humbled themselves, the word of the LORD came to Shemaiah, saying, They have humbled themselves; therefore I will not destroy them, but I will grant them some deliverance; and my wrath shall not be poured out upon Jerusalem by the hand of Shishak.
- Nevertheless they shall be his servants; that they may know my service, and the service of the kingdoms of the countries.
- So Shishak king of Egypt came up against Jerusalem, and took away the treasures of the house of the LORD, and the treasures of the king's house; he took all: he carried away also the shields of gold which Solomon had made.
- Instead of which king Rehoboam made shields of brass, and committed them to the hands of the chief of the guard, that kept the entrance of the king's house.
- And when the king entered into the house of the LORD, the guard came and fetched them, and brought them again into the guard chamber.
- And when he humbled himself, the wrath of the LORD turned from him that he would not destroy him altogether: and also in Judah things went well.
- So king Rehoboam strengthened himself in Jerusalem, and reigned: for Rehoboam was one and forty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned seventeen years in Jerusalem, the city which the LORD had chosen out of all the tribes of Israel, to put his name there. And his mother's name was Naamah an Ammonitess.
- And he did evil, because he prepared not his heart to seek the LORD.
- Now the acts of Rehoboam, first and last, are they not written in the book of Shemaiah the prophet, and of Iddo the seer concerning genealogies? And there were wars between Rehoboam and Jeroboam continually.
- And Rehoboam slept with his fathers, and was buried in the city of David: and Abijah his son reigned in his stead.