| 2 Chronicles 1 - Versions
| 2 Chronicles 1 Text (WEB)
- Solomon the son of David was strengthened in his kingdom, and Yahweh his God was with him, and magnified him exceedingly.
- Solomon spoke to all Israel, to the captains of thousands and of hundreds, and to the judges, and to every prince in all Israel, the heads of the fathers' [houses].
- So Solomon, and all the assembly with him, went to the high place that was at Gibeon; for there was the Tent of Meeting of God, which Moses the servant of Yahweh had made in the wilderness.
- But David had brought the ark of God up from Kiriath Jearim to the place that David had prepared for it; for he had pitched a tent for it at Jerusalem.
- Moreover the bronze altar, that Bezalel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, had made, was there before the tabernacle of Yahweh: and Solomon and the assembly were seeking counsel there.
- Solomon went up there to the bronze altar before Yahweh, which was at the Tent of Meeting, and offered one thousand burnt offerings on it.
- In that night God appeared to Solomon, and said to him, "Ask what I shall give you."
- Solomon said to God, "You have shown great loving kindness to David my father, and have made me king in his place.
- Now, Yahweh God, let your promise to David my father be established; for you have made me king over a people like the dust of the earth in multitude.
- Now give me wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people; for who can judge this your people, that is so great?"
- God said to Solomon, "Because this was in your heart, and you have not asked riches, wealth, or honor, nor the life of those who hate you, neither yet have asked long life; but have asked wisdom and knowledge for yourself, that you may judge my people, over whom I have made you king:
- wisdom and knowledge is granted to you. I will give you riches, wealth, and honor, such as none of the kings have had who have been before you; neither shall there any after you have the like."
- So Solomon came from the high place that was at Gibeon, from before the Tent of Meeting, to Jerusalem; and he reigned over Israel.
- Solomon gathered chariots and horsemen: and he had one thousand four hundred chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen, that he placed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.
- The king made silver and gold to be in Jerusalem as stones, and cedars made he to be as the sycamore trees that are in the lowland, for abundance.
- The horses which Solomon had were brought out of Egypt and from Kue; the king's merchants purchased them from Kue.
- They brought up and brought out of Egypt a chariot for six hundred pieces of silver, and a horse for one hundred fifty: and so for all the kings of the Hittites, and the kings of Syria, did they bring them out by their means.
| 2 Chronicles 1 Text (Hebrew)
- ויתחזק שלמה בן־דויד על־מלכותו ויהוה אלהיו עמו ויגדלהו למעלה׃
- ויאמר שלמה לכל־ישראל לשרי האלפים והמאות ולשפטים ולכל נשיא לכל־ישראל ראשי האבות׃
- וילכו שלמה וכל־הקהל עמו לבמה אשר בגבעון כי־שם היה אהל מועד האלהים אשר עשה משה עבד־יהוה במדבר׃
- אבל ארון האלהים העלה דויד מקרית יערים בהכין לו דויד כי נטה־לו אהל בירושלם׃
- ומזבח הנחשת אשר עשה בצלאל בן־אורי בן־חור שם לפני משכן יהוה וידרשהו שלמה והקהל׃
- ויעל שלמה שם על־מזבח הנחשת לפני יהוה אשר לאהל מועד ויעל עליו עלות אלף׃
- בלילה ההוא נראה אלהים לשלמה ויאמר לו שאל מה אתן־לך׃
- ויאמר שלמה לאלהים אתה עשית עם־דויד אבי חסד גדול והמלכתני תחתיו׃
- עתה יהוה אלהים יאמן דברך עם דויד אבי כי אתה המלכתני על־עם רב כעפר הארץ׃
- עתה חכמה ומדע תן־לי ואצאה לפני העם־הזה ואבואה כי־מי ישפט את־עמך הזה הגדול׃ ס
- ויאמר־אלהים לשלמה יען אשר היתה זאת עם־לבבך ולא־שאלת עשר נכסים וכבוד ואת נפש שנאיך וגם־ימים רבים לא שאלת ותשאל־לך חכמה ומדע אשר תשפוט את־עמי אשר המלכתיך עליו׃
- החכמה והמדע נתון לך ועשר ונכסים וכבוד אתן־לך אשר לא־היה כן למלכים אשר לפניך ואחריך לא יהיה־כן׃
- ויבא שלמה לבמה אשר־בגבעון ירושלם מלפני אהל מועד וימלך על־ישראל׃ ף
- ויאסף שלמה רכב ופרשים ויהי־לו אלף וארבע־מאות רכב ושנים־עשר אלף פרשים ויניחם בערי הרכב ועם־המלך בירושלם׃
- ויתן המלך את־הכסף ואת־הזהב בירושלם כאבנים ואת הארזים נתן כשקמים אשר־בשפלה לרב׃
- ומוצא הסוסים אשר לשלמה ממצרים ומקוא סחרי המלך מקוא יקחו במחיר׃
- ויעלו ויוציאו ממצרים מרכבה בשש מאות כסף וסוס בחמשים ומאה וכן לכל־מלכי החתים ומלכי ארם בידם יוציאו׃
| 2 Chronicles 1 Text (Latin)
- Confortatus est ergo Salomon filius David in regno suo, et Dominus Deus ejus erat cum eo, et magnificavit eum in excelsum.
- Præcepitque Salomon universo Israëli, tribunis, et centurionibus, et ducibus, et judicibus omnis Israël, et principibus familiarum :
- et abiit cum universa multitudine in excelsum Gabaon, ubi erat tabernaculum fœderis Dei, quod fecit Moyses famulus Dei in solitudine.
- Arcam autem Dei adduxerat David de Cariathiarim in locum quem præparaverat ei, et ubi fixerat illi tabernaculum, hoc est, in Jerusalem.
- Altare quoque æneum, quod fabricatus fuerat Beseleel filius Uri filii Hur, ibi erat coram tabernaculo Domini : quod et requisivit Salomon, et omnis ecclesia.
- Ascenditque Salomon ad altare æneum, coram tabernaculo fœderis Domini, et obtulit in eo mille hostias.
- Ecce autem in ipsa nocte apparuit ei Deus, dicens : Postula quod vis, ut dem tibi.
- Dixitque Salomon Deo : Tu fecisti cum David patre meo misericordiam magnam, et constituisti me regem pro eo.
- Nunc ergo Domine Deus, impleatur sermo tuus, quem pollicitus es David patri meo : tu enim me fecisti regem super populum tuum multum, qui tam innumerabilis est quam pulvis terræ.
- Da mihi sapientiam et intelligentiam, ut ingrediar et egrediar coram populo tuo : quis enim potest hunc populum tuum digne, qui tam grandis est, judicare ?
- Dixit autem Deus ad Salomonem : Quia hoc magis placuit cordi tuo, et non postulasti divitias, et substantiam, et gloriam, neque animas eorum qui te oderant, sed nec dies vitæ plurimos : petisti autem sapientiam et scientiam, ut judicare possis populum meum, super quem constitui te regem :
- sapientia et scientia data sunt tibi : divitias autem et substantiam et gloriam dabo tibi, ita ut nullus in regibus nec ante te nec post te fuerit similis tui.
- Venit ergo Salomon ab excelso Gabaon in Jerusalem coram tabernaculo fœderis, et regnavit super Israël.
- Congregavitque sibi currus et equites, et facti sunt ei mille quadringenti currus, et duodecim millia equitum : et fecit eos esse in urbibus quadrigarum, et cum rege in Jerusalem.
- Præbuitque rex argentum et aurum in Jerusalem quasi lapides, et cedros quasi sycomoros, quæ nascuntur in campestribus multitudine magna.
- Adducebantur autem ei equi de Ægypto, et de Coa a negotiatoribus regis, qui ibant, et emebant pretio,
- quadrigam equorum sexcentis argenteis, et equum centum quinquaginta : similiter de universis regnis Hethæorum, et a regibus Syriæ emptio celebrabatur.
| 2 Chronicles 1 Text (KJV)
- And Solomon the son of David was strengthened in his kingdom, and the LORD his God was with him, and magnified him exceedingly.
- Then Solomon spake unto all Israel, to the captains of thousands and of hundreds, and to the judges, and to every governor in all Israel, the chief of the fathers.
- So Solomon, and all the congregation with him, went to the high place that was at Gibeon; for there was the tabernacle of the congregation of God, which Moses the servant of the LORD had made in the wilderness.
- But the ark of God had David brought up from Kirjath-jearim to the place which David had prepared for it: for he had pitched a tent for it at Jerusalem.
- Moreover the brasen altar, that Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, had made, he put before the tabernacle of the LORD: and Solomon and the congregation sought unto it.
- And Solomon went up thither to the brasen altar before the LORD, which was at the tabernacle of the congregation, and offered a thousand burnt offerings upon it.
- In that night did God appear unto Solomon, and said unto him, Ask what I shall give thee.
- And Solomon said unto God, Thou hast shewed great mercy unto David my father, and hast made me to reign in his stead.
- Now , O LORD God, let thy promise unto David my father be established: for thou hast made me king over a people like the dust of the earth in multitude.
- Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people: for who can judge this thy people, that is so great?
- And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:
- Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.
- Then Solomon came from his journey to the high place that was at Gibeon to Jerusalem, from before the tabernacle of the congregation, and reigned over Israel.
- And Solomon gathered chariots and horsemen: and he had a thousand and four hundred chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen, which he placed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.
- And the king made silver and gold at Jerusalem as plenteous as stones, and cedar trees made he as the sycomore trees that are in the vale for abundance.
- And Solomon had horses brought out of Egypt, and linen yarn: the king's merchants received the linen yarn at a price.
- And they fetched up, and brought forth out of Egypt a chariot for six hundred shekels of silver, and an horse for an hundred and fifty: and so brought they out horses for all the kings of the Hittites, and for the kings of Syria, by their means.