| 1 Kings 7 - Versions
| 1 Kings 7 Text (WEB)
- Solomon was building his own house thirteen years, and he finished all his house.
- For he built the house of the forest of Lebanon; its length was one hundred cubits, and its breadth fifty cubits, and its height thirty cubits, on four rows of cedar pillars, with cedar beams on the pillars.
- It was covered with cedar above over the forty-five beams, that were on the pillars; fifteen in a row.
- There were beams in three rows, and window was over against window in three ranks.
- All the doors and posts were made square with beams: and window was over against window in three ranks.
- He made the porch of pillars; its length was fifty cubits, and its breadth thirty cubits; and a porch before them; and pillars and a threshold before them.
- He made the porch of the throne where he was to judge, even the porch of judgment: and it was covered with cedar from floor to floor.
- His house where he was to dwell, the other court within the porch, was of the like work. He made also a house for Pharaoh's daughter (whom Solomon had taken as wife), like this porch.
- All these were of costly stones, even of cut stone, according to measure, sawed with saws, inside and outside, even from the foundation to the coping, and so on the outside to the great court.
- The foundation was of costly stones, even great stones, stones of ten cubits, and stones of eight cubits.
- Above were costly stones, even cut stone, according to measure, and cedar wood.
- The great court around had three courses of cut stone, and a course of cedar beams; like as the inner court of the house of Yahweh, and the porch of the house.
- King Solomon sent and fetched Hiram out of Tyre.
- He was the son of a widow of the tribe of Naphtali, and his father was a man of Tyre, a worker in brass; and he was filled with wisdom and understanding and skill, to work all works in brass. He came to king Solomon, and performed all his work.
- For he fashioned the two pillars of brass, eighteen cubits high apiece: and a line of twelve cubits encircled either of them about.
- He made two capitals of molten brass, to set on the tops of the pillars: the height of the one capital was five cubits, and the height of the other capital was five cubits.
- There were nets of checker work, and wreaths of chain work, for the capitals which were on the top of the pillars; seven for the one capital, and seven for the other capital.
- So he made the pillars; and there were two rows around on the one network, to cover the capitals that were on the top of the pillars: and so did he for the other capital.
- The capitals that were on the top of the pillars in the porch were of lily work, four cubits.
- There were capitals above also on the two pillars, close by the belly which was beside the network: and the pomegranates were two hundred, in rows around on the other capital.
- He set up the pillars at the porch of the temple: and he set up the right pillar, and called its name Jachin; and he set up the left pillar, and called its name Boaz.
- On the top of the pillars was lily work: so was the work of the pillars finished.
- He made the molten sea of ten cubits from brim to brim, round in compass, and its height was five cubits; and a line of thirty cubits encircled it.
- Under its brim around there were buds which encircled it, for ten cubits, encircling the sea: the buds were in two rows, cast when it was cast.
- It stood on twelve oxen, three looking toward the north, and three looking toward the west, and three looking toward the south, and three looking toward the east; and the sea was set on them above, and all their hinder parts were inward.
- It was a handbreadth thick: and its brim was worked like the brim of a cup, like the flower of a lily: it held two thousand baths.
- He made the ten bases of brass; four cubits was the length of one base, and four cubits its breadth, and three cubits its height.
- The work of the bases was like this: they had panels; and there were panels between the ledges;
- and on the panels that were between the ledges were lions, oxen, and cherubim; and on the ledges there was a pedestal above; and beneath the lions and oxen were wreaths of hanging work.
- Every base had four bronze wheels, and axles of brass; and the four feet of it had supports: beneath the basin were the supports molten, with wreaths at the side of each.
- The mouth of it within the capital and above was a cubit: and its mouth was round after the work of a pedestal, a cubit and a half; and also on its mouth were engravings, and their panels were foursquare, not round.
- The four wheels were underneath the panels; and the axles of the wheels were in the base: and the height of a wheel was a cubit and half a cubit.
- The work of the wheels was like the work of a chariot wheel: their axles, and their rims, and their spokes, and their naves, were all molten.
- There were four supports at the four corners of each base: its supports were of the base itself.
- In the top of the base was there a round compass half a cubit high; and on the top of the base its stays and its panels were of the same.
- On the plates of its stays, and on its panels, he engraved cherubim, lions, and palm trees, according to the space of each, with wreaths all around.
- In this way, he made the ten bases: all of them had one casting, one measure, and one form.
- He made ten basins of brass: one basin contained forty baths; and every basin was four cubits; and on every one of the ten bases one basin.
- He set the bases, five on the right side of the house, and five on the left side of the house: and he set the sea on the right side of the house eastward, toward the south.
- Hiram made the basins, and the shovels, and the basins. So Hiram made an end of doing all the work that he worked for king Solomon in the house of Yahweh:
- the two pillars, and the two bowls of the capitals that were on the top of the pillars; and the two networks to cover the two bowls of the capitals that were on the top of the pillars;
- and the four hundred pomegranates for the two networks; two rows of pomegranates for each network, to cover the two bowls of the capitals that were on the pillars;
- and the ten bases, and the ten basins on the bases;
- and the one sea, and the twelve oxen under the sea;
- and the pots, and the shovels, and the basins: even all these vessels, which Hiram made for king Solomon, in the house of Yahweh, were of burnished brass.
- In the plain of the Jordan did the king cast them, in the clay ground between Succoth and Zarethan.
- Solomon left all the vessels [unweighed], because they were exceeding many: the weight of the brass could not be found out.
- Solomon made all the vessels that were in the house of Yahweh: the golden altar, and the table whereupon the show bread was, of gold;
- and the lampstands, five on the right side, and five on the left, before the oracle, of pure gold; and the flowers, and the lamps, and the tongs, of gold;
- and the cups, and the snuffers, and the basins, and the spoons, and the fire pans, of pure gold; and the hinges, both for the doors of the inner house, the most holy place, and for the doors of the house, [to wit], of the temple, of gold.
- Thus all the work that king Solomon worked in the house of Yahweh was finished. Solomon brought in the things which David his father had dedicated, [even] the silver, and the gold, and the vessels, and put them in the treasuries of the house of Yahweh.
| 1 Kings 7 Text (Hebrew)
- ואת־ביתו בנה שלמה שלש עשרה שנה ויכל את־כל־ביתו׃
- ויבן את־בית יער הלבנון מאה אמה ארכו וחמשים אמה רחבו ושלשים אמה קומתו על ארבעה טורי עמודי ארזים וכרתות ארזים על־העמודים׃
- וספן בארז ממעל על־הצלעת אשר על־העמודים ארבעים וחמשה חמשה עשר הטור׃
- ושקפים שלשה טורים ומחזה אל־מחזה שלש פעמים׃
- וכל־הפתחים והמזוזות רבעים שקף ומול מחזה אל־מחזה שלש פעמים׃
- ואת אולם העמודים עשה חמשים אמה ארכו ושלשים אמה רחבו ואולם על־פניהם ועמדים ועב על־פניהם׃
- ואולם הכסא אשר ישפט־שם אלם המשפט עשה וספון בארז מהקרקע עד־הקרקע׃
- וביתו אשר־ישב שם חצר האחרת מבית לאולם כמעשה הזה היה ובית יעשה לבת־פרעה אשר לקח שלמה כאולם הזה׃
- כל־אלה אבנים יקרת כמדת גזית מגררות במגרה מבית ומחוץ וממסד עד־הטפחות ומחוץ עד־החצר הגדולה׃
- ומיסד אבנים יקרות אבנים גדלות אבני עשר אמות ואבני שמנה אמות׃
- ומלמעלה אבנים יקרות כמדות גזית וארז׃
- וחצר הגדולה סביב שלשה טורים גזית וטור כרתת ארזים ולחצר בית־יהוה הפנימית ולאלם הבית׃ ף
- וישלח המלך שלמה ויקח את־חירם מצר׃
- בן־אשה אלמנה הוא ממטה נפתלי ואביו איש־צרי חרש נחשת וימלא את־החכמה ואת־התבונה ואת־הדעת לעשות כל־מלאכה בנחשת ויבוא אל־המלך שלמה ויעש את־כל־מלאכתו׃
- ויצר את־שני העמודים נחשת שמנה עשרה אמה קומת העמוד האחד וחוט שתים־עשרה אמה יסב את־העמוד השני׃
- ושתי כתרת עשה לתת על־ראשי העמודים מצק נחשת חמש אמות קומת הכתרת האחת וחמש אמות קומת הכתרת השנית׃
- שבכים מעשה שבכה גדלים מעשה שרשרות לכתרת אשר על־ראש העמודים שבעה לכתרת האחת ושבעה לכתרת השנית׃
- ויעש את־העמודים ושני טורים סביב על־השבכה האחת לכסות את־הכתרת אשר על־ראש הרמנים וכן עשה לכתרת השנית׃
- וכתרת אשר על־ראש העמודים מעשה שושן באולם ארבע אמות׃
- וכתרת על־שני העמודים גם־ממעל מלעמת הבטן אשר לעבר והרמונים מאתים טרים סביב על הכתרת השנית׃
- ויקם את־העמדים לאלם ההיכל ויקם את־העמוד הימני ויקרא את־שמו יכין ויקם את־העמוד השמאלי ויקרא את־שמו בעז׃
- ועל ראש העמודים מעשה שושן ותתם מלאכת העמודים׃
- ויעש את־הים מוצק עשר באמה משפתו עד־שפתו עגל סביב וחמש באמה קומתו שלשים באמה יסב אתו סביב׃
- ופקעים מתחת לשפתו סביב סבבים אתו עשר באמה מקפים את־הים סביב שני טורים הפקעים יצקים ביצקתו׃
- עמד על־שני עשר בקר שלשה פנים צפונה ושלשה פנים ימה ושלשה פנים נגבה ושלשה פנים מזרחה והים עליהם מלמעלה וכל־אחריהם ביתה׃
- ועביו טפח ושפתו כמעשה שפת־כוס פרח שושן אלפים בת יכיל׃ ף
- ויעש את־המכנות עשר נחשת ארבע באמה ארך המכונה האחת וארבע באמה רחבה ושלש באמה קומתה׃
- וזה מעשה המכונה מסגרת להם ומסגרת בין השלבים׃
- ועל־המסגרות אשר בין השלבים אריות בקר וכרובים ועל־השלבים כן ממעל ומתחת לאריות ולבקר ליות מעשה מורד׃
- וארבעה אופני נחשת למכונה האחת וסרני נחשת וארבעה פעמתיו כתפת להם מתחת לכיר הכתפת יצקות מעבר איש ליות׃
- ופיהו מבית לכתרת ומעלה באמה ופיה עגל מעשה־כן אמה וחצי האמה וגם־על־פיה מקלעות ומסגרתיהם מרבעות לא עגלות׃
- וארבעת האופנים למתחת למסגרות וידות האופנים במכונה וקומת האופן האחד אמה וחצי האמה׃
- ומעשה האופנים כמעשה אופן המרכבה ידותם וגביהם וחשקיהם וחשריהם הכל מוצק׃
- וארבע כתפות אל ארבע פנות המכנה האחת מן־המכנה כתפיה׃
- ובראש המכונה חצי האמה קומה עגל סביב ועל ראש המכנה ידתיה ומסגרתיה ממנה׃
- ויפתח על־הלחת ידתיה ועל כרובים אריות ותמרת כמער־איש וליות סביב׃
- כזאת עשה את עשר המכנות מוצק אחד מדה אחת קצב אחד לכלהנה׃ ס
- ויעש עשרה כירות נחשת ארבעים בת יכיל הכיור האחד ארבע באמה הכיור האחד כיור אחד על־המכנה האחת לעשר המכונות׃
- ויתן את־המכנות חמש על־כתף הבית מימין וחמש על־כתף הבית משמאלו ואת־הים נתן מכתף הבית הימנית קדמה ממול נגב׃ ס
- ויעש חירום את־הכירות ואת־היעים ואת־המזרקות ויכל חירם לעשות את־כל־המלאכה אשר עשה למלך שלמה בית יהוה׃
- עמדים שנים וגלת הכתרת אשר־על־ראש העמדים שתים והשבכות שתים לכסות את־שתי גלת הכתרת אשר על־ראש העמודים׃
- ואת־הרמנים ארבע מאות לשתי השבכות שני־טורים רמנים לשבכה האחת לכסות את־שתי גלת הכתרת אשר על־פני העמודים׃
- ואת־המכנות עשר ואת־הכירת עשרה על־המכנות׃
- ואת־הים האחד ואת־הבקר שנים־עשר תחת הים׃
- ואת־הסירות ואת־היעים ואת־המזרקות ואת כל־הכלים אשר עשה חירם למלך שלמה בית יהוה נחשת ממרט׃
- בככר הירדן יצקם המלך במעבה האדמה בין סכות ובין צרתן׃
- וינח שלמה את־כל־הכלים מרב מאד מאד לא נחקר משקל הנחשת׃
- ויעש שלמה את כל־הכלים אשר בית יהוה את מזבח הזהב ואת־השלחן אשר עליו לחם הפנים זהב׃
- ואת־המנרות חמש מימין וחמש משמאול לפני הדביר זהב סגור והפרח והנרת והמלקחים זהב׃
- והספות והמזמרות והמזרקות והכפות והמחתות זהב סגור והפתות לדלתות הבית הפנימי לקדש הקדשים לדלתי הבית להיכל זהב׃ ף
- ותשלם כל־המלאכה אשר עשה המלך שלמה בית יהוה ויבא שלמה את־קדשי דוד אביו את־הכסף ואת־הזהב ואת־הכלים נתן באצרות בית יהוה׃ ף
| 1 Kings 7 Text (Latin)
- Domum autem suam ædificavit Salomon tredecim annis, et ad perfectum usque perduxit.
- Ædificavit quoque domum saltus Libani centum cubitorum longitudinis, et quinquaginta cubitorum latitudinis, et triginta cubitorum altitudinis : et quatuor deambulacra inter columnas cedrinas : ligna quippe cedrina exciderat in columnas.
- Et tabulatis cedrinis vestivit totam cameram, quæ quadraginta quinque columnis sustentabatur. Unus autem ordo habebat columnas quindecim
- contra se invicem positas,
- et e regione se respicientes, æquali spatio inter columnas, et super columnas quadrangulata ligna in cunctis æqualia.
- Et porticum columnarum fecit quinquaginta cubitorum longitudinis, et triginta cubitorum latitudinis : et alteram porticum in facie majoris porticus : et columnas, et epistylia super columnas.
- Porticum quoque solii, in qua tribunal est, fecit : et texit lignis cedrinis a pavimento usque ad summitatem.
- Et domuncula, in qua sedebatur ad judicandum, erat in media porticu simili opere. Domum quoque fecit filiæ Pharaonis (quam uxorem duxerat Salomon) tali opere, quali et hanc porticum.
- Omnia lapidibus pretiosis, qui ad normam quamdam atque mensuram tam intrinsecus quam extrinsecus serrati erant : a fundamento usque ad summitatem parietum, et extrinsecus usque ad atrium majus.
- Fundamenta autem de lapidibus pretiosis, lapidibus magnis decem sive octo cubitorum.
- Et desuper lapides pretiosi æqualis mensuræ secti erant, similiterque de cedro.
- Et atrium majus rotundum trium ordinum de lapidibus sectis, et unius ordinis de dolata cedro : necnon et in atrio domus Domini interiori, et in porticu domus.
- Misit quoque rex Salomon, et tulit Hiram de Tyro,
- filium mulieris viduæ de tribu Nephthali, patre Tyrio, artificem ærarium, et plenum sapientia, et intelligentia, et doctrina ad faciendum omne opus ex ære. Qui cum venisset ad regem Salomonem, fecit omne opus ejus.
- Et finxit duas columnas æreas, decem et octo cubitorum altitudinis columnam unam : et linea duodecim cubitorum ambiebat columnam utramque.
- Duo quoque capitella fecit, quæ ponerentur super capita columnarum, fusilia ex ære : quinque cubitorum altitudinis capitellum unum, et quinque cubitorum altitudinis capitellum alterum :
- et quasi in modum retis, et catenarura sibi invicem miro opere contextarum. Utrumque capitellum columnarum fusile erat : septena versuum retiacula in capitello uno, et septena retiacula in capitello altero.
- Et perfecit columnas, et duos ordines per circuitum retiaculorum singulorum, ut tegerent capitella, quæ erant super summitatem, malogranatorum : eodem modo fecit et capitello secundo.
- Capitella autem, quæ erant super capita columnarum, quasi opere lilii fabricata erant in porticu quatuor cubitorum.
- Et rursum alia capitella in summitate columnarum desuper juxta mensuram columnæ contra retiacula : malogranatorum autem ducenti ordines erant in circuitu capitelli secundi.
- Et statuit duas columnas in porticu templi : cumque statuisset columnam dexteram, vocavit eam nomine Jachin : similiter erexit columnam secundam : et vocavit nomen ejus Booz.
- Et super capita columnarum opus in modum lilii posuit : perfectumque est opus columnarum.
- Fecit quoque mare fusile decem cubitorum a labio usque ad labium, rotundum in circuitu : quinque cubitorum altitudo ejus, et resticula triginta cubitorum cingebat illud per circuitum.
- Et sculptura subter labium circuibat illud decem cubitis ambiens mare : duo ordines sculpturarum striatarum erant fusiles.
- Et stabat super duodecim boves, e quibus tres respiciebant ad aquilonem, et tres ad occidentem, et tres ad meridiem, et tres ad orientem, et mare super eos desuper erat : quorum posteriora universa intrinsecus latitabant.
- Grossitudo autem luteris, trium unciarum erat : labiumque ejus, quasi labium calicis, et folium repandi lilii : duo millia batos capiebat.
- Et fecit decem bases æneas, quatuor cubitorum longitudinis bases singulas, et quatuor cubitorum latitudinis, et trium cubitorum altitudinis.
- Et ipsum opus basium, interrasile erat : et sculpturæ inter juncturas.
- Et inter coronulas et plectas, leones et boves et cherubim, et in juncturis similiter desuper : et subter leones et boves, quasi lora ex ære dependentia.
- Et quatuor rotæ per bases singulas, et axes ærei : et per quatuor partes quasi humeruli subter luterem fusiles, contra se invicem respectantes.
- Os quoque luteris intrinsecus erat in capitis summitate : et quod forinsecus apparebat, unius cubiti erat totum rotundum, pariterque habebat unum cubitum et dimidium : in angulis autem columnarum variæ cælaturæ erant : et media intercolumnia, quadrata non rotunda.
- Quatuor quoque rotæ, quæ per quatuor angulos basis erant, cohærebant sibi subter basim : una rota habebat altitudinis cubitum et semis.
- Tales autem rotæ erant quales solent in curru fieri : et axes earum, et radii, et canthi, et modioli, omnia fusilia.
- Nam et humeruli illi quatuor per singulos angulos basis unius, ex ipsa basi fusiles et conjuncti erant.
- In summitate autem basis erat quædam rotunditas dimidii cubiti, ita fabrefacta, ut luter desuper posset imponi, habens cælaturas suas, variasque sculpturas ex semetipsa.
- Sculpsit quoque in tabulatis illis quæ erant ex ære, et in angulis, cherubim, et leones, et palmas, quasi in similitudinem hominis stantis, ut non cælata, sed apposita per circuitum viderentur.
- In hunc modum fecit decem bases, fusura una, et mensura, sculpturaque consimili.
- Fecit quoque decem luteres æneos : quadraginta batos capiebat luter unus, eratque quatuor cubitorum : singulos quoque luteres per singulas, id est, decem bases, posuit.
- Et constituit decem bases, quinque ad dexteram partem templi, et quinque ad sinistram : mare autem posuit ad dexteram partem templi contra orientem ad meridiem.
- Fecit ergo Hiram lebetes, et scutras, et hamulas, et perfecit omne opus regis Salomonis in templo Domini.
- Columnas duas, et funiculos capitellorum super capitella columnarum duos : et retiacula duo, ut operirent duos funiculos, qui erant super capita columnarum.
- Et malogranata quadringenta in duobus retiaculis : duos versus malogranatorum in retiaculis singulis, ad operiendos funiculos capitellorum, qui erant super capita columnarum.
- Et bases decem, et luteres decem super bases.
- Et mare unum, et boves duodecim subter mare.
- Et lebetes, et scutras, et hamulas, omnia vasa, quæ fecit Hiram regi Salomoni in domo Domini, de auricalco erant.
- In campestri regione Jordanis fudit ea rex in argillosa terra, inter Sochoth et Sarthan.
- Et posuit Salomon omnia vasa : propter multitudinem autem nimiam non erat pondus æris.
- Fecitque Salomon omnia vasa in domo Domini : altare aureum, et mensam, super quam ponerentur panes propositionis, auream :
- et candelabra aurea, quinque ad dexteram, et quinque ad sinistram contra oraculum, ex auro puro : et quasi lilii flores, et lucernas desuper aureas : et forcipes aureos,
- et hydrias, et fuscinulas, et phialas, et mortariola, et thuribula, de auro purissimo : et cardines ostiorum domus interioris Sancti sanctorum, et ostiorum domus templi, ex auro erant.
- Et perfecit omne opus quod faciebat Salomon in domo Domini, et intulit quæ sanctificaverat David pater suus argentum et aurum, et vasa, reposuitque in thesauris domus Domini.
| 1 Kings 7 Text (KJV)
- But Solomon was building his own house thirteen years, and he finished all his house.
- He built also the house of the forest of Lebanon; the length thereof was an hundred cubits, and the breadth thereof fifty cubits, and the height thereof thirty cubits, upon four rows of cedar pillars, with cedar beams upon the pillars.
- And it was covered with cedar above upon the beams, that lay on forty five pillars, fifteen in a row.
- And there were windows in three rows, and light was against light in three ranks.
- And all the doors and posts were square, with the windows: and light was against light in three ranks.
- And he made a porch of pillars; the length thereof was fifty cubits, and the breadth thereof thirty cubits: and the porch was before them: and the other pillars and the thick beam were before them.
- Then he made a porch for the throne where he might judge, even the porch of judgment: and it was covered with cedar from one side of the floor to the other.
- And his house where he dwelt had another court within the porch, which was of the like work. Solomon made also an house for Pharaoh's daughter, whom he had taken to wife, like unto this porch.
- All these were of costly stones, according to the measures of hewed stones, sawed with saws, within and without, even from the foundation unto the coping, and so on the outside toward the great court.
- And the foundation was of costly stones, even great stones, stones of ten cubits, and stones of eight cubits.
- And above were costly stones, after the measures of hewed stones, and cedars.
- And the great court round about was with three rows of hewed stones, and a row of cedar beams, both for the inner court of the house of the LORD, and for the porch of the house.
- And king Solomon sent and fetched Hiram out of Tyre.
- He was a widow's son of the tribe of Naphtali, and his father was a man of Tyre, a worker in brass: and he was filled with wisdom, and understanding, and cunning to work all works in brass. And he came to king Solomon, and wrought all his work.
- For he cast two pillars of brass, of eighteen cubits high apiece: and a line of twelve cubits did compass either of them about.
- And he made two chapiters of molten brass, to set upon the tops of the pillars: the height of the one chapiter was five cubits, and the height of the other chapiter was five cubits:
- And nets of checker work, and wreaths of chain work, for the chapiters which were upon the top of the pillars; seven for the one chapiter, and seven for the other chapiter.
- And he made the pillars, and two rows round about upon the one network, to cover the chapiters that were upon the top, with pomegranates: and so did he for the other chapiter.
- And the chapiters that were upon the top of the pillars were of lily work in the porch, four cubits.
- And the chapiters upon the two pillars had pomegranates also above, over against the belly which was by the network: and the pomegranates were two hundred in rows round about upon the other chapiter.
- And he set up the pillars in the porch of the temple: and he set up the right pillar, and called the name thereof Jachin: and he set up the left pillar, and he called the name thereof Boaz.
- And upon the top of the pillars was lily work: so was the work of the pillars finished.
- And he made a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, and his height was five cubits: and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about.
- And under the brim of it round about there were knops compassing it, ten in a cubit, compassing the sea round about: the knops were cast in two rows, when it was cast.
- It stood upon twelve oxen, three looking toward the north, and three looking toward the west, and three looking toward the south, and three looking toward the east: and the sea was set above upon them, and all their hinder parts were inward.
- And it was an hand breadth thick, and the brim thereof was wrought like the brim of a cup, with flowers of lilies: it contained two thousand baths.
- And he made ten bases of brass; four cubits was the length of one base, and four cubits the breadth thereof, and three cubits the height of it.
- And the work of the bases was on this manner: they had borders, and the borders were between the ledges:
- And on the borders that were between the ledges were lions, oxen, and cherubims: and upon the ledges there was a base above: and beneath the lions and oxen were certain additions made of thin work.
- And every base had four brasen wheels, and plates of brass: and the four corners thereof had undersetters: under the laver were undersetters molten, at the side of every addition.
- And the mouth of it within the chapiter and above was a cubit: but the mouth thereof was round after the work of the base, a cubit and an half: and also upon the mouth of it were gravings with their borders, foursquare, not round.
- And under the borders were four wheels; and the axletrees of the wheels were joined to the base: and the height of a wheel was a cubit and a half a cubit.
- And the work of the wheels was like the work of a chariot wheel: their axletrees, and their naves, and their felloes, and their spokes, were all molten.
- And there were four undersetters to the four corners of one base: and the undersetters were of the very base itself.
- And in the top of the base was there a round compass of half a cubit high: and on the top of the base the ledges thereof and the borders thereof were of the same.
- For on the plates of the ledges thereof, and on the borders thereof, he graved cherubims, lions, and palm trees, according to the proportion of every one, and additions round about.
- After this manner he made the ten bases: all of them had one casting, one measure, and one size.
- Then made he ten lavers of brass: one laver contained forty baths: and every laver was four cubits: and upon every one of the ten bases one laver.
- And he put five bases on the right side of the house, and five on the left side of the house: and he set the sea on the right side of the house eastward over against the south.
- And Hiram made the lavers, and the shovels, and the basons. So Hiram made an end of doing all the work that he made king Solomon for the house of the LORD:
- The two pillars, and the two bowls of the chapiters that were on the top of the two pillars; and the two networks, to cover the two bowls of the chapiters which were upon the top of the pillars;
- And four hundred pomegranates for the two networks, even two rows of pomegranates for one network, to cover the two bowls of the chapiters that were upon the pillars;
- And the ten bases, and ten lavers on the bases;
- And one sea, and twelve oxen under the sea;
- And the pots, and the shovels, and the basons: and all these vessels, which Hiram made to king Solomon for the house of the LORD, were of bright brass.
- In the plain of Jordan did the king cast them, in the clay ground between Succoth and Zarthan.
- And Solomon left all the vessels unweighed, because they were exceeding many: neither was the weight of the brass found out.
- And Solomon made all the vessels that pertained unto the house of the LORD: the altar of gold, and the table of gold, whereupon the shewbread was,
- And the candlesticks of pure gold, five on the right side, and five on the left, before the oracle, with the flowers, and the lamps, and the tongs of gold,
- And the bowls, and the snuffers, and the basons, and the spoons, and the censers of pure gold; and the hinges of gold, both for the doors of the inner house, the most holy place, and for the doors of the house, to wit, of the temple.
- So was ended all the work that king Solomon made for the house of the LORD. And Solomon brought in the things which David his father had dedicated; even the silver, and the gold, and the vessels, did he put among the treasures of the house of the LORD.