| 1 Chronicles 10 - Versions
| 1 Chronicles 10 Text (WEB)
- Now the Philistines fought against Israel: and the men of Israel fled from before the Philistines, and fell down slain on Mount Gilboa.
- The Philistines followed hard after Saul and after his sons; and the Philistines killed Jonathan, and Abinadab, and Malchishua, the sons of Saul.
- The battle went hard against Saul, and the archers overtook him; and he was distressed by reason of the archers.
- Then Saul said to his armor bearer, "Draw your sword, and thrust me through with it, lest these uncircumcised come and abuse me." But his armor bearer would not; for he was terrified. Therefore Saul took his sword, and fell on it.
- When his armor bearer saw that Saul was dead, he likewise fell on his sword, and died.
- So Saul died, and his three sons; and all his house died together.
- When all the men of Israel who were in the valley saw that they fled, and that Saul and his sons were dead, they forsook their cities, and fled; and the Philistines came and lived in them.
- It happened on the next day, when the Philistines came to strip the slain, that they found Saul and his sons fallen on Mount Gilboa.
- They stripped him, and took his head, and his armor, and sent into the land of the Philistines all around, to carry the news to their idols, and to the people.
- They put his armor in the house of their gods, and fastened his head in the house of Dagon.
- When all Jabesh Gilead heard all that the Philistines had done to Saul,
- all the valiant men arose, and took away the body of Saul, and the bodies of his sons, and brought them to Jabesh, and buried their bones under the oak in Jabesh, and fasted seven days.
- So Saul died for his trespass which he committed against Yahweh, because of the word of Yahweh, which he didn't keep; and also because he asked counsel of one who had a familiar spirit, to inquire [thereby],
- and didn't inquire of Yahweh: therefore he killed him, and turned the kingdom to David the son of Jesse.
| 1 Chronicles 10 Text (Hebrew)
- ופלשתים נלחמו בישראל וינס איש־ישראל מפני פלשתים ויפלו חללים בהר גלבע׃
- וידבקו פלשתים אחרי שאול ואחרי בניו ויכו פלשתים את־יונתן ואת־אבינדב ואת־מלכי־שוע בני שאול׃
- ותכבד המלחמה על־שאול וימצאהו המורים בקשת ויחל מן־היורים׃
- ויאמר שאול אל־נשא כליו שלף חרבך ודקרני בה פן־יבאו הערלים האלה והתעללו־בי ולא אבה נשא כליו כי ירא מאד ס ויקח שאול את־החרב ויפל עליה׃
- וירא נשא־כליו כי מת שאול ויפל גם־הוא על־החרב וימת׃ ס
- וימת שאול ושלשת בניו וכל־ביתו יחדו מתו׃
- ויראו כל־איש ישראל אשר־בעמק כי נסו וכי־מתו שאול ובניו ויעזבו עריהם וינסו ויבאו פלשתים וישבו בהם׃ ס
- ויהי ממחרת ויבאו פלשתים לפשט את־החללים וימצאו את־שאול ואת־בניו נפלים בהר גלבע׃
- ויפשיטהו וישאו את־ראשו ואת־כליו וישלחו בארץ־פלשתים סביב לבשר את־עצביהם ואת־העם׃
- וישימו את־כליו בית אלהיהם ואת־גלגלתו תקעו בית דגון׃ ס
- וישמעו כל יביש גלעד את כל־אשר־עשו פלשתים לשאול׃
- ויקומו כל־איש חיל וישאו את־גופת שאול ואת גופת בניו ויביאום יבישה ויקברו את־עצמותיהם תחת האלה ביבש ויצומו שבעת ימים׃
- וימת שאול במעלו אשר מעל ביהוה על־דבר יהוה אשר לא־שמר וגם־לשאול באוב לדרוש׃
- ולא־דרש ביהוה וימיתהו ויסב את־המלוכה לדויד בן־ישי׃ ף
| 1 Chronicles 10 Text (Latin)
- Philisthiim autem pugnabant contra Israël, fugeruntque viri Israël Palæsthinos, et ceciderunt vulnerati in monte Gelboë.
- Cumque appropinquassent Philisthæi, persequentes Saul, et filios ejus, percusserunt Jonathan, et Abinadab, et Melchisua filios Saul.
- Et aggravatum est prælium contra Saul, inveneruntque eum sagittarii, et vulneraverunt jaculis.
- Et dixit Saul ad armigerum suum : Evagina gladium tuum, et interfice me, ne forte veniant incircumcisi isti, et illudant mihi. Noluit autem armiger ejus hoc facere, timore perterritus : arripuit ergo Saul ensem, et irruit in eum.
- Quod cum vidisset armiger ejus, videlicet mortuum esse Saul, irruit etiam ipse in gladium suum, et mortuus est.
- Interiit ergo Saul, et tres filii ejus, et omnis domus illius pariter concidit.
- Quod cum vidissent viri Israël, qui habitabant in campestribus, fugerunt : et Saul ac filiis ejus mortuis, dereliquerunt urbes suas, et huc illucque dispersi sunt : veneruntque Philisthiim, et habitaverunt in eis.
- Die igitur altero detrahentes Philisthiim spolia cæsorum, invenerunt Saul, et filios ejus jacentes in monte Gelboë.
- Cumque spoliassent eum, et amputassent caput, armisque nudassent, miserunt in terram suam, ut circumferretur, et ostenderetur idolorum templis, et populis :
- arma autem ejus consecraverunt in fano dei sui, et caput affixerunt in templo Dagon.
- Hoc cum audissent viri Jabes Galaad, omnia scilicet quæ Philisthiim fecerant super Saul,
- consurrexerunt singuli virorum fortium, et tulerunt cadavera Saul et filiorum ejus : attuleruntque ea in Jabes, et sepelierunt ossa eorum subter quercum, quæ erat in Jabes, et jejunaverunt septem diebus.
- Mortuus est ergo Saul propter iniquitates suas, eo quod prævaricatus sit mandatum Domini quod præceperat, et non custodierit illud : sed insuper etiam pythonissam consuluerit,
- nec speraverit in Domino : propter quod interfecit eum, et transtulit regnum ejus ad David filium Isai.
| 1 Chronicles 10 Text (KJV)
- Now the Philistines fought against Israel; and the men of Israel fled from before the Philistines, and fell down slain in mount Gilboa.
- And the Philistines followed hard after Saul, and after his sons; and the Philistines slew Jonathan, and Abinadab, and Malchi-shua, the sons of Saul.
- And the battle went sore against Saul, and the archers hit him, and he was wounded of the archers.
- Then said Saul to his armourbearer, Draw thy sword, and thrust me through therewith; lest these uncircumcised come and abuse me. But his armourbearer would not; for he was sore afraid. So Saul took a sword, and fell upon it.
- And when his armourbearer saw that Saul was dead, he fell likewise on the sword, and died.
- So Saul died, and his three sons, and all his house died together.
- And when all the men of Israel that were in the valley saw that they fled, and that Saul and his sons were dead, then they forsook their cities, and fled: and the Philistines came and dwelt in them.
- And it came to pass on the morrow, when the Philistines came to strip the slain, that they found Saul and his sons fallen in mount Gilboa.
- And when they had stripped him, they took his head, and his armour, and sent into the land of the Philistines round about, to carry tidings unto their idols, and to the people.
- And they put his armour in the house of their gods, and fastened his head in the temple of Dagon.
- And when all Jabesh-gilead heard all that the Philistines had done to Saul,
- They arose, all the valiant men, and took away the body of Saul, and the bodies of his sons, and brought them to Jabesh, and buried their bones under the oak in Jabesh, and fasted seven days.
- So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to inquire of it;
- And inquired not of the LORD: therefore he slew him, and turned the kingdom unto David the son of Jesse.